It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contractor Knocks Down Wrong House!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
A crew using coordinates from a global positioning system demolished a 60-year-old home in Georgia, but it was the wrong house.

Can you imagine how this man feels? Id be so darn mad id be spitting fire over this ! And all this man gets is an apology? This is so clearly not right what would you do?

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
And all this man gets is an apology?

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

So far. I have a feeling this might not yet be over. Once there's an apology, that's an admission of responsibility. He's going to get paid. I hope he gets enough to take the sting out of it.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Good god! I don't think an apology would cut it for me. I would need to know that the practice of GPS use without a physical address was properly addressed. Also, they would be meeting my lawyer and estimating the value of every last shred of material in that house.

An apology doesn't even begin to cover this. Hopefully he isn't left homeless.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
That's horrible, and I would sue everyone I could. Even though money can never replace sentimental value somebody needs to pay.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I'd sue them. They were trespassing as well. Who cares about an apology, what they did was illegal... plain and simple! Make them pay you and/or build you a new house on the property identical to the old one. When a company makes a mistake like this people should make sure they take FULL punishment for it. This is how the market sorts things out. GPS... what a joke, VERIFY THE ADDRESS MORONS!

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
GPS isn't that accurate. It's usually off by a few houses, even streets. Hard to believe they depended on that and didn't confirm properly before bulldozing. The house should have been tagged or spray paint marking for the demo crews.

I agree if they apologized, they admitted guilt.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

yeahright
I hope he sues and gets a huge amount of money..The guy lost everything plus all his memory's he had in the house i would be in tears..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

Doodle19815
I'm hoping he has family he can stay with what they did was just nuts..An apology wouldn't get it with me either i would sue for every dime the house and property was worth plus all house hold belongings but you cant replace memory's ..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DIRTYDONKEY

DIRTYDONKEY
Yes it was horrible it makes me mad and i even know the poor man..I hope he gets a good attorney fast..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Elzon1

Elzon1
I'm sure he will sue i don't think the man has a choice and i hope he gets a nice sum of money out of it all ..Your right GPS isn't that accurate i don't know what they were thinking..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

violet
I find it hard hard to believe they depended on GPS also ..I always thought they tagged or sprayed places that were to be set up for the demo crews ..But i guess they forgot this one..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I'd sue for anything I can get.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

I have a feeling he will and i hope he gets even more than what it was all worth
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I would sue for the cost of that 60 year old home, the contents of the home, and for the emotional distress he has had to suffer from their complete incompetence.

How can you replace items like the china hutch of his mothers. Take them to court and take them for all you can get.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Bobcat2003

Bobcat2003
Yes,I agree i know thats what i would do..I cant imagine losing everything i have to a wrecking crew Ive got things in my home from my parents that have pasted and it would just cause me all kinds of grief plus losing my home on top of it all..peace,sugarcookie1

top topics

join