It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abandoned Walmart is Now America’s Largest Library

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
Library? We'll that's a failure. Everything is going electronic and the internet.

In 10 years time that place will be abandoned too.

Some people will always enjoy the simplicity of picking up a real book without spending $200 on some reader. The day that you can charge someone to read a book is the day that civilisation ends. Books will never go out of style.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

I think you may find it will go the other way. People are beginning to distrust social media and other online areas so much that something like this will become a better alternative for the free thinker.

One can hope places like this will become a gathering site for intellectual minds as society circles the toilet and goes down the bowl. To me, I can only hope libraries, however outdated, serve as a reminder of the way things used to be. And yes I have my e-readers, pdf's and my books, but still hit up my local library at least once a week for a new book to read and just for a little social interaction.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I love books myself.

Unfortunately it's such that my eyesight has a hard time reading some kinds of print, which is why I prefer e readers and stuff like that anymore.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
That is simply gorgeous. It's good to see that not everything has gone to the dogs in the US.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join