It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lynne and Dick Cheney Slam Kerry for His "Tawdry" Remark

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
But the fact is, this ONCE "minimal viewed interview" by Keyes...

Originally posted by everlastingnoitall
The issue is not whether Alan Keyes said it in a minimally viewed interview of a person already seen as the 'lunatic fringe'....

And every other Republican front man that's ever said anything about sinful, shameful, gays in the past four years in hushed tones, barely repeated on TV, just got replayed today in near loop rebuttal to Lynne's mock outrage.

All the ugly quotes are out. And people are reading them. Balanced editorials are being written across America with a slap on the wrist for John Kerry, then a scathing rebuke of Republican hypocrisy.

It's everywhere, and it will continue. Who's keeping this in the news now? Democrats (the most organized and motivated and unified party of record in years) are taking each and every sham attack the RNC makes and pushing it to HEADLINE proportions.

Edwards "SHAMEFUL" mention of Reeves. Okay. Let's interview Michael J. Fox and see what he thinks? How about Ron Reagen? Haven't heard from him since the convention. Republicans smear, the Democrats hit back with the ISSUE.

When will the RNC learn? They can't make hollow stands and quotes and misnomers anymore and not be taken to task with those ever loving FACToids that keep volleying back on them.

It was a major blunder on Lynne's part to not follow her husband's inital tact to thank the opposition for kind supportive words.

This is a trend now, not a single point on this one issue IMO. If you don't recognize the winning DNC strategy being employed of allowing Republicans to attack a little, just a little (by offering red herring bait) so you can SLAM AND DESTROY them in rebuttal once the issue is brought up BY THEM... it's called "CLINTONISTA STYLE."

And you know how that all turned out right?
Teflon politics.

I've hinted, I've alluded, I've screamed it from the rooftops. And people still don't see what's happening. Kerry is in COMMAND of this election in each and every aspect.

Kerry; George I need you to make a stink about not saying you weren't concerned about Osama. I know you will since you've never seen the news.

George: Okay, Mr. Kerry. I'll give you that commercial.

Kerry: And while we're at it....I'd like to compliment your Vice President's family and have you bring Gay Rights to the forefront so we can talk about the hypocrisy of your party from within the very executive offices. I couldn't help but notice you didn't take the bait last week. Please do this time.

George: Okay, Mr Kerry. Anything else?

Kerry: Could you remind voters you don't read when I mention news papers as reliable sources?

George: Done. And done. I hate those things. People like that about me.

Kerry: Oh, and the way you jumped out of your chair last week to say you didn't qualify as a small business owner. Thanks. And POLAND? Classic. Sorry I had to make you go there again in the next debate when you jumped down Gibson's throat looking deranged.

George: Yes you did John, that was mean. But I had to jump, I was out of rebuttals when you brought it up!

Kerry: I know, George. Good catch though on figuring that out, ya trained monkey.

What happens now? The Dems got awful quiet all of a sudden on the Sinclair issue. Did you notice? They raised HELL! Then got really quiet all at once. And the FCC that initially said it was probably a violation suddenly reversed and said THERE'S NO REASON THIS (or ANY political hack job *implied*) CAN'T BE RUN ON TV.

Interesting isn't it? Why aren't Democrats upset all of a sudden? At all mind you?

The movies out by the way. Focus groups have been run. People interviewed. Backgrounds checked. Let's let Republicans make some more news shall we?

God I love this game.

[edit on 15-10-2004 by RANT]

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Soap Opera drowns out the important issues.

We have killed 20,000 Iraqis and 1000 Americans for virtually nothing.
We have not killed or captured Osama Bin Laden, who caused 911.
We have 123,000 FBI documents NOT TRANSLATED.
We have spent 120 Billion to create a terrorist breeding ground.
We are losing control in Iraq.

We have lost jobs in the last four years. FOUR years!
We have started eroding our civil rights. Score one for the terrorists.
We are careening BLINDLY towards peak oil without any kind of awareness or guidance.
Social Security is a looming problem that has gotten cursory attention.
We have record deficits.

Who says the American people are STUPID? I DO.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by slank
Who says the American people are STUPID? I DO.

Slank. Can you say Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs)?

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Rant, you still miss my overall point. The RNC typically, in its mainstream base of leadership (of which Keyes is undeniably NOT) does not take to mentioning specific individuals in relation to the homosexual topic and DEFINITELY not an opposing candidate's nuclear family member. That is the big difference, no matter how you spin it, RANT, it was a clear crossing of a political boundary that until this election, had no precedent among mainstream party membership, on either side.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
And I would point you to the polling numbers, which just a few short months ago, all the Democrats were holding up high because their candidate had the lead. Notice Kerry never opened the lead outside the margin of error, and has now lost all of his lead again (and he's supposed to be a great closer). Bush got the bounce from the DNC Convention, Bush got the bounce from his own, and now Kerry is losing ground among critical base constituency, such as women, his beloved 'Catholics' and younger voters. Add this to his waning support among African American candidates, and I smell disaster that only his mounting legal team preparing to challenge the Bush victory can keep from smelling worse than his performance at the last debate. No wonder the DNC action memo is to start crying foul so early in the vote process (yes, absentee and early voting has begun), even when no foul exists.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join