It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does John Kerry love his wife?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The last question on the debate was great and I have to give George Bush a nod when he got a good laugh with his response. He also went on and on about how he loved his wife and daughters. But when it was Kerry's turn to talk, not once did he say he loved his wife. He talked about his wife but didn't acknowledge his wife once. Divorce again?

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
He loves that money! What man wouldn't love her for it!

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I can't beleive that I'm answering this....

yes he does... the money helps I'm sure... but Yes he does..

I thought that I heard him say it in his answer, maybe I didn't....

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Why would he ask that question in a political debate anyway? Did he actually think one of the might have said, well, no, I don't really like her.

Could have asked a more pertinent question if you ask me.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
What difference does it make? Why is it your or my business to know the personal, private tidbits of someone's life? If said activities does not effect the running of the country, then I don't care and it's none of our business.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
He looooooooooooooves the money. As for the woman, I doubt it. He is a gold digger.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
IMHO John Kerry doesn't love anyone but himself. He was given the opportunity to express his love for his wife and children and he chose not to. I was actually looking forward to hearing how he would answer the question because I have only heard him refer to her as sexy and talk about how he likes that she speaks her mind. Instead he decided to talk about his dying mother reminding him to have integrity.

Main Entry: integrity

Function: noun
1 : firm adherence to a code of especially moral or artistic values : INCORRUPTIBILITY
2 : an unimpaired condition : SOUNDNESS
3 : the quality or state of being complete or undivided : COMPLETENESS
synonym see HONESTY

Sorry, but as screwed up as Usama Bin Laden and his beliefs are, in some ways you could say that he has more integrity than Kerry has.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Why would you even ask that question in a political debate? for the presidency, no less? The question is really irrelevant as are their answers (and this is not from a pro-Kerry view)

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
They weren't asked if they loved their wives. They were asked what they had learned from them

SCHIEFFER: We've come, gentlemen, to our last question. And it occurred to me as I came to this debate tonight that the three of us share something. All three of us are surrounded by very strong women. We're all married to strong women. Each of us have two daughters that make us very proud.

I'd like to ask each of you, what is the most important thing you've learned from these strong women?

The question of whether either of those men loved their wives wasn't even on the table. Because Bush chose to babble about Laura and his daughters is irrelevant.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   

SCHIEFFER: We've come, gentlemen, to our last question. And it occurred to me as I came to this debate tonight that the three of us share something. All three of us are surrounded by very strong women. We're all married to strong women. Each of us have two daughters that make us very proud.

I'd like to ask each of you, what is the most important thing you've learned from these strong women?

BUSH: To listen to them.

(LAUGHTER)

To stand up straight and not scowl.

(LAUGHTER)

I love the strong women around me. I can't tell you how much I love my wife and our daughters.

I am -- you know it's really interesting. I tell the people on the campaign trail, when I asked Laura to marry me, she said, Fine, just so long as I never have to give a speech. I said, OK, you've got a deal. Fortunately, she didn't hold me to that deal. And she's out campaigning along with our girls. And she speaks English a lot better than I do. I think people understand what she's saying.

But they see a compassionate, strong, great first lady in Laura Bush. I can't tell you how lucky I am. When I met her in the backyard at Joe and Jan O'Neill's in Midland, Texas, it was the classic backyard barbecue. O'Neill said, Come on over. I think you'll find somebody who might interest you. So I said all right. I walked over there. There was only four of us there. And not only did she interest me, I guess you would say it was love at first sight.

SCHIEFFER: Senator Kerry?

KERRY: Well, I guess the president and you and I are three examples of lucky people who married up.

(LAUGHTER)

And some would say maybe me moreso than others.

(LAUGHTER)

But I can take it.

(LAUGHTER)

Can I say, if I could just say a word about a woman that you didn't ask about, but my mom passed away a couple years ago, just before I was deciding to run. And she was in the hospital, and I went in to talk to her and tell her what I was thinking of doing.

And she looked at me from her hospital bed and she just looked at me and she said, Remember: integrity, integrity, integrity. Those are the three words that she left me with.

And my daughters and my wife are people who just are filled with that sense of what's right, what's wrong.

They also kick me around. They keep me honest. They don't let me get away with anything. I can sometimes take myself too seriously. They surely don't let me do that.

And I'm blessed, as I think the president is blessed, as I said last time. I've watched him with the first lady, who I admire a great deal, and his daughters. He's a great father. And I think we're both very lucky. SCHIEFFER: Well, gentlemen, that brings us to the closing statements.

Never said he loved her, or his daughters. I'm not going to read that much into it...but he never said it. I think this makes him look a bit bad. Not so connected with "family values" as he claims. He in a joking way, referred to her money...but he never referred to love.

Maybe it's more of a business deal marriage.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by deeprivergal

Because Bush chose to babble about Laura and his daughters is irrelevant.

That's funny.
Considering most of what came out of Bush's mouth was irrelevant to the topic at hand.
As for Kerry and his wife, behind every successful man is a pushy woman, so he probably owes her a hell of a lot.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I wonder if he loves McRibs? Would he still love them, if he could get them all year round?

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Oh wow.

I guess the next question will be

Does Laura Bush really love her husband? ( I thought only a mother could love a mind as ugly as that. ) Would his daughters love him so much if he wasn't paying out the ass for anything they want?

Let's just stay out of the candidates' personal lives.

Oh, and one quick question.

Does Bush really love Jesus? I'm sure he does, but some aren't so sure. Let's just not ask the question in the first place.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Seems to be all the Democrats that support the "don't pry" policy. Must be a legacy from Bill Clinton.

Nevermind that he lied with a straight face to the whole world for a good period of time. Osama was building up in Afganistan and prepping for the WTC attacks. Bill was....well, having adulterous relations and lying.

Wonder which interns Kerry has his eye on?

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Wow, this board has really hit rock bottom. All the guest speakers in the world can't make up for the relentlessly vile political infighting that makes up 80 percent of the threads on ATS.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I have known men who have waxed poetic about how they love their wife and told me stories about how their love endured that brought tears to my eyes...only to have these same men hit on me ten minutes later. I think that anyone can tell you a story--and politicians are especially adept at telling stories.

The point is, we don't know these people. All we see is a gilded public image. Does Bush love his wife? Does Kerry love his wife? Did JFK love Jackie-O? Did George love Martha? Has any president really loved his wife?

Who knows and who cares.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
john kerry hates everyone and everything hes a liberal nutball who will lelgalize murdering your grandma.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Mmmmkay.

I'll just let that last comment speak for itself.

Wow, are there really people that are this ignorant in the world? Please tell me that you're joking around.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Yea right, My mom is here with me on vacation. When we heard him say that. We laughed are tales off. The Question is important. I don't want another person with no morals in the white house. I think his answer to the question says enough. His family does not seem as tight as GW. And I'm shere cheny's daughter is invited to every BBQ. And the Bush's love here no diffrent. These are good people.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loki
Mmmmkay.

I'll just let that last comment speak for itself.

Wow, are there really people that are this ignorant in the world? Please tell me that you're joking around.
No im not joking, he wants to pass legislation that requires you to shoot your son if he asks you about sex before age 12. He also wants to make osama bin laden secretary of guns and beer, How can he think a man like OBL can run our guns and beer? John Kerry (if that is his real name) wants to legalize selling midgets as pets too.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join