It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The meaning of the term "end of days".

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
The oddest thing happened to me the other day. I was debating the meaning of the prophesies of Daniel with someone and suddenly I realized what the meaning of this term is. The Bible explained in the prophesies of Genesis 48 and 49. And it's the simplest meaning. Here it is.

The term "end of days" means when the Israelites have become a multitude of nations.

Now look at what this does to the prophesies of Daniel.

Daniel 8.
19 And he said, Behold, I will make thee know what shall be in the last end of the indignation: for at the time appointed the end shall be. (When the Israelites are a multitude of nations.)
20 The ram which thou sawest having two horns are the kings of Media and Persia.
21 And the rough goat is the king of Grecia: and the great horn that is between his eyes is the first king.
22 Now that being broken, whereas four stood up for it, four kingdoms shall stand up out of the nation, but not in his power.
23 And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.
24 And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power: and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and practise, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people.
25 And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.

Daniel 11

6 And in the end of years (When the Israelites are a multitude of nations)they shall join themselves together; for the king's daughter of the south shall come to the king of the north to make an agreement: but she shall not retain the power of the arm; neither shall he stand, nor his arm: but she shall be given up, and they that brought her, and he that begat her, and he that strengthened her in these times.

40 And at the time of the end (When the Israelites are a multitude of nations)shall the king of the south push at him: and the king of the north shall come against him like a whirlwind, with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter into the countries, and shall overflow and pass over.

Daniel 12
4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end:(When the Israelites are a multitude of nations) many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end (When the Israelites are a multitude of nations).

I have just proved with 100 percent certainty that the prophesies of Daniel 8 and 11 are future events. Not ones that happened in the BC era. And I think I may have done something terrible. What have I done?

edit on 9-9-2012 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
what about - 'for a time,and a time,and a half of time'?
edison had his theory on this passage,
lets hear you break that code!!!

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
by the way,edison's end of days is in 2060!

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

It would seem that when Daniel wrote the book it was approximately 500 to 600 BC.

The section in question.

Daniel 12
6 And one said to the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, How long shall it be to the end of these wonders?
7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.
8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things?
9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

I would point out here the time of the end and the end of the time, times, and a half a time are the same event. So as I pointed out earlier the term "time of the end" means when the Israelites have become a multitude of nations. Can I put a date on that? Actually I can with another prophecy. The day of Jezreel prophecy of Hosea.

Summarized here's what that prophecy says. Due to their repeated transgressions against the Leviticus 26 covenant I God am doing the following to the Jews and Israelites. I am placing a 2000 year curse upon Israel to be followed by a thousand year blessing called the day of Jezreel.

So based on all the information above I would say the time, times, and half a time add up to 2500 years. Give or take a few.
edit on 9-9-2012 by ntech because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join