It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent Badnarik interview (need media player) This is awesome

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

How was this detrimental?

It was clearly an infomercial; no one is going to view that & consider a fake office set, with a 'reporter' with a cell phone boom mike in his ear legit. It came off, visually, as a skit location.
I label it Utopia because it is what people want to hear, but as I asked TrueLies, I want nutz & bolts detail. It doesn't have to be from him; in fact, I'd love to see a PhD Economist come out and detail and champion the abolishment of the IRS. Show me how it's done in 2005. Show me how the executive branch under Libertarian rule gets it done past the Judicial & Legislative.
Again, Ron Paul is twice the candidate & I'm clueless as to why this man is not at the top of any ticket , much less why the Libertarians have forsaken him.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Unfortunatly, most people do not understand the vast impact these changes could have. I think it's very important to know the route during the transition.

We are talking about a country that has vested interest in almost every country in the world (and vise versa). Turning this ship is not an easy thing to do.

That is the main problem to the Libertarians, and something that turned me away.

What I have realized, is that if we were even mildly successful in this campaign, then we could really have an impact on the PEOPLE of this nation, not to mention the inability of media to deny us anymore.

I think we have gotten politically stagnant in this country.

Maybe it's just me, but I can no longer afford to vote for a carbon copy. In the third debate alone, the president and sen. Kerry had on the same tie (although one SLIGHTLY darker than the other), same suit, same american flag pin, in the same location on the left lapel.

That's the tip of the iceberg when you get into their policy (right and left mudslingers and talking heads aside).

Maybe we are just working to wake people up.

Fill their stomachs and empty their minds.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
It was clearly an infomercial; no one is going to view that & consider a fake office set, with a 'reporter' with a cell phone boom mike in his ear legit. It came off, visually, as a skit location.

Thumper,

FMNN is a new news site, the e news thing obviously needs to appear professional ect, don't all news outlets have a studio setting that of a library, office setting, backround images of skylines ect... All backrounds are "fake" someone needs to do the interviewing, which give the candidate the opportunity to speak about the platfom, the issues, problems, solutions, ect.
I didn't notice a cell phone boom mike, I wasn't really paying attention to the aesthetics of the interview, I was more paying attention to what he had to say.

I label it Utopia because it is what people want to hear, but as I asked TrueLies, I want nutz & bolts detail. It doesn't have to be from him; in fact, I'd love to see a PhD Economist come out and detail and champion the abolishment of the IRS.

Cato Institute....
want the website???

They do many studies, have many solutions proposed, have many statistics, ect...a nuts and bolts detail? You want bullet point form you mean? I don't think you've really researched the lp platform.

edit: for sexual inuendo

[edit on 14-10-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
badnarik.org...

Cato Institute

www.cato.org...

They have much info on studies done on the lp platform what would happen, how it could be done, ect...

Issues covered range from Social security to health care, to education funding, ect...

But i'm sure you've heard of them already. Your a pretty smart guy.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies

Originally posted by Bout Time

Thumper,

FMNN is a new news site, the e news thing obviously needs to appear professional ect, don't all news outlets have a studio setting that of a library, office setting, backround images of skylines ect... All backrounds are "fake" someone needs to do the interviewing, which give the candidate the opportunity to speak about the platfom, the issues, problems, solutions, ect.
I didn't notice a cell phone boom mike, I wasn't really paying attention to the aesthetics of the interview, I was more paying attention to what he had to say.

I label it Utopia because it is what people want to hear, but as I asked TrueLies, I want nutz & bolts detail. It doesn't have to be from him; in fact, I'd love to see a PhD Economist come out and detail and champion the abolishment of the IRS.

Cato Institute....
want the website???

They do many studies, have many solutions proposed, have many statistics, ect...a nuts and bolts detail? You want bullet point form you mean? I don't think you've really researched the lp platform.

edit: for sexual inuendo

[edit on 14-10-2004 by TrueLies]

Hey, U2U the inuendo!
The nickname came from sparring nights & a preference for deep-make-your-unborn-offspring-feel-it-body-shots.....nothing sexual!

Now the lion's share of why people don't know about the LP is a complicit corporate media - they are a natural draw to Republicans because so much is similar in perspective on the core things that motivate a Republican vote (MONEY).
However, the LP is to blame too; how can you have a website set up for voter education and yet fail to dedicate bandwidth to educational material on key platform issues ( i.e. abolish the IRS) !?!?
The CATO Institue is a funny bunch. They are , in my opinon from seeing reps on TV news programs, more GOP than LP. Here's the link on how they feel a National Sales Tax (NST) would supplant the IRS. www.cato.org...

In review of it, I found several things I took issue with & will respond on later. In their desire to get back to the good old days of 1913, they forgot to mention that government grew to specifically combat,via the anti trust legislations, the robber barons who perverted the free market.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:37 AM
link   
In case anyone is interested, Badnarik will be doing a radio show interview this am on "Mancows Morgning Madhouse".

It's based in Chicago so if you can't pick up the station on your radio, you can hear it on the web at the following link:

www.mancow.com...
(just click on the "listen Live" link)

It should be a pretty interesting interview to say the least!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join