It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the next (possible world) war.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
What kind of war can we expect?

- so far we have seen a couple i might add tank wars, which obviously are the WW2 and some goddamn isreali wars.
- then there was a "bluff war" as i like to put it, this was rather a conflict but could have turned into a nukuliar holocast. the cuban crisis im talking about! you can also call it the cold war which it is really part of, but whatever....
- the political war was of course the vietnam war, which could have been won by us only the vietcong succeded in breaking us from the inside (smart basterds).
- airforce wars were the last 2 wars, if that what you wanna call it. i dont really call them wars after all we were fighting people who don't even know what "AK" stands for and some even not how to reload it.
or will we see another nice old fashion infiltry war? as the first wolrd war?! alot of dead people (17million to be precise)!
- we even might run into a "suicide war" like purl harbur. just like the muslims did in 911.
- # we might even not survive the next war if it will be a nukuliar one! and it will also not last very long, probably a couple of hours
!

personally my vote goes to a remote controled war, thats why we make all those X-planes who dont need pilotes!

well people it seems like we gonna have to move to the moon!

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Two spelling corrections for you (No worries, i suck and spelling and typing too)... Nuclear, Bastards, Pearl Harbor.

Three little corrections...

Pearl harbor wasn't a suicide attack. You might not want to say 911 was "the muslims" since it wasn't every muslim out there, just some fanatics. The North Vietnam didn't play a role in the the US's political problems durring the war, that was all self made.

Now onto the topic.

Probably exactly like we are seeing right now. Guerilla warefare. Even with A1s and a top notch air force guerilla tactics in Iraq and working too well against the US. Urban Guerilla Warefare offers the ability to hide amoung civilians even blending in with them. Its hard to combat people you can't even locate aside from occasional ambushes and meetings.

I think if large scale war broke out however the US will bring forward a varriety of technologies. Directed energy weaposn are already making thier way to teh battle field. Spaced based weaponry is on it way to the public eye. And there are already several autonimous warmachines publicly acknowledged. But even with all this high tech, its not a whole lot of good if you can't tell the enemy from the civilian.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   

You might not want to say 911 was "the muslims" since it wasn't every muslim out there, just some fanatics. The North Vietnam didn't play a role in the the US's political problems durring the war, that was all self made.

yes i know, but you know what i mean!
anyway we lost because of the damn polititions and #, ectually "public oppinion"!

no of course not all muslims were involved, i know this but just discribed them. no diss or anything, its not like i hate them or something. # i have muslims friends and we cool! besides i very much admire osama for instance. he ain't like the others you know, this is one smart modafuker
!
most of these terrorist are very smart, after all they all study at harverd
but osama is just my favorite!

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I always find it distubring when people say they admire warped people.

It's one thing to say that you admire Hitler's political genius and prowess in public speaking, but it's quite another to say that you admire Hitler. Are you sure you admire Osama Bin Laden, or do you admire certain traits that would describe him?

Which terrorists are we talking about that studied at Harvard?

Osama wasn't that smart, he was just dedicated -- and he had a lot of time on his hands to hatch schemes and recruit people. That reminds me - in the second presidential debate this year, Bush called terrorists "haters!" That was hilarious.

Zip

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Oh yeah -- the topic!

The next war? BOMBS! Lots and lots of bombs. That's how I see it.

Zip

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Hmmm the next war what would it be? Well unless you believe the John Titor thing, I see a huge war in the middle east, which will pull the entire world into it, and nuclear weapons will be used. Or if you do believe in the John Titor thing I guess we'll have a civil war on our hands very soon.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 04:15 AM
link   
yo zip you gotta give hitler some credit, after all his strategy was great.
and about osama, what do you mean by he ain't smart?? of course he is otherwise he never would have pulled this # off.
of course the best tought him
, but never mind that.
discribe him as a monster that has turned against YOU! that it what he really is!

cmcla what civil war are you talking about?

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 04:33 AM
link   
as far as civil war in america it could happen, actually if america is the babylon of the last days, then one of the major things that happen to bring about its downfall is a civil war as the scriptures point to babylon being in confusion, a form of CIVIL confusion maybe a war within its borders which distracts america from an incoming invasion. this may sound totally mad but it could happen only God knows when

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 05:55 AM
link   

cmcla what civil war are you talking about?

john titor proclaimed there would be a civil war after these upcoming november elections, then that would lead into world war 3. after the US overstays its welcome in the middle east. regardless of what anyone thinks this is the direction we are currently headed. a divide in the nation, cooperate moguls vs us hard workin folk! our presence in the middle east is only going to create more and more anomosity towards us. the way things are looking they will eventualy unify in their cause to take care of us.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 07:18 AM
link   
well yea, the more we # with the middle east, eventually we might burn our hands, because it is impossible to be friends with both the arab nations and the stupid israelies!

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Ok: the war is not cool,put if we do not stop it over there the next time we get hit New York City we could lose over 10,000,00, this is not a game and what some people say on the news does not help our soldiers

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
John Kerry is a Communist and would do what ever it takes to end America an its freedom

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Quest - quick correction for you too, bro.

Pearl Harbor did involve suicide bombers - ie Kamakazi's.

So yes, he was right to classify it as a suicide attack.

In case you don't remember, the Kamakazi's rammed their Zero's into the ships stationed at Pearl Harbor, just like the extremists did on 9/11.

(Using planes/jets as a missile)

-wD

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
A slight correction. The first kamikaze attacks took place in 1944 during the lengthy battle in the Phillipine Is. The kamikaze corp was not even established until earlier that year. The planes you see crashing into ships during the attack on Pearl Harbor were some of those few who were shot down and/or estensively damaged by the defensive fire.

[edit on 10/16/2004 by Montana]

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by CMCLA2003
Hmmm the next war what would it be? Well unless you believe the John Titor thing, I see a huge war in the middle east, which will pull the entire world into it, and nuclear weapons will be used. Or if you do believe in the John Titor thing I guess we'll have a civil war on our hands very soon.

I agree with you the middle east will pull everyone in, its already started.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I'm surprised that in a thread about the next "World War" nobody has mentioned the Korean peninsula or Taiwan. I personally believe that there won't be a "world" war any time soon. However, if there was to be, I find it more likely that it would start in one of those areas as opposed to the Middle East.

That may seem surprising given that the Mideast has always been a world hotspot, but consider the following:

1: In order for an isolated conflict to develop into a "world" war, there must be something that draws either the remaining Superpowers, or a large number of the world's governments into a war.

2: Other than oil, what could possibly draw countries into a large conflict in the Middle-East? Obviously a threat or perceived threat could, but currently the only country in the Arab world that could and would pose a threat to others is Iran, as Iraq has been taken out of the equation. And I'm sorry, but if someone were to attack Iran, the world community would NOT send troops to defend them.

2a: OIL Now I know there are those of you who are convinced that the US went to war in Iraq over oil. However, even if that WERE the case, would other countries do the same? Isn't it more likely that as long as they were guaranteed a steady supply, that they wouldn't care who sold it to them?

3: Whoever controls the Korean Peninsula is a direct threat to China and Japan. Thus China and Japan would be more likely to enter into a conflict there than in the Mideast.

4: Taiwan continues to be threatened by China. Plus, the US has already vowed to defend Taiwan in the event of an attack by China. Thus the potential for an isolated conflict to erupt into world war is greater there.

Obviously the war in Iraq sucks. Whether you're for it or against it, it's a shame that it had to happen at all. That said though, where is the evidence that it will lead to a larger world wide conflict? I'd argue that there isn't any, as the rest off the world doesn't have a large enough interest in the Middle-East or in fighting the US to commit the massive amount of troops it would take to win.

-Cypher

[edit on 16-10-2004 by Cypher]

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by 187onu

The one we have now, surely ?

Information warfare, regional skirmishes, displaced populations, civil unrest, martial law, guerrilla/terrorist activity, famine & rationing, ethnic cleansing, puppet or suspended governments ... that kind of thing.

I don't really see we'll be getting into anything like the tactics (or the scale) of WWI or WWII tho'... Some rogue state may try the nuclear option, but I really can't see it scaling up to cold-war proportions - as messy as the middle east or NK is, I can't see the world going to war over either, they are regional conflicts (deliberate lack of empahsis).

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0951 - as messy as the middle east or NK is, I can't see the world going to war over either, they are regional conflicts (deliberate lack of empahsis).

Obviously from my previous post, I agree with you about the Middle East, it's a regional conflict, that lacks the potential to start a true world war.

However, I have to disagree with you about the Korean peninsula. One must consider that North Korea has a rather large border with China. If war were to erupt on the peninsula, it is a given that US troops would be involved. Being that that is the case, would China really sit by and let the US defeat North Korea, and thus threaten their borders directly? I cannot forsee any scenario where China would not be drawn into a new Korean conflict.

Turn the situation around. Would the US sit by passively if Chinese troops helped fight a victorius conflict in Mexico?? I think not.

-Cypher

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
aight then check this out.
the #ed up israelies will lose when they will go to war THIS TIME. they think they won't but they will (they're so ignorent
).

when they will lose, they'll nuke their enemies of course, thats there purpose of their nuke (just like back in 73 when they almost nuked them because they nearly lost).
you have to understand that things have changed since their last 6 wars and now. Egypt and Iran are very strong, much stronger then than. and the condamned people always had their airforce right by their side, thats why they won. today their enemies might have learned from that mistake!
becuase there as stupid as they are they might even drop some bombs on "old" enemies like germany. who knows who else???

when that happens the free world (US, everyone but those jews) won't sit back and relax (or in real english: sit back like scared BITCHES) because then we might as well nuke them back. europa for sure (french probable). then china will eventually lose it and say "bye taiwan"!
oh yea i almost forgot about my best friends, north korea
!

remeber what russia (and i believe french as well) said about the us nuking someone.... they'll nuke the us back, but thatl probably goes for others as well.
or lets talk about india and pakistan, the world wen't near crazy. another bluff war as you can put it.

the russians, have always been very involved, especially in the middle east (not directly though)! so they sure as hell will respond, you see they don't like the condamned country neither!

we won't back up the isreallies, because when it comes down to it we only use them, which they deserve
! and after the saudies OWN 6/7% of our #ed up country
as I sometimes like to discribe our country, so they DO have a say in a matter (don't get me wrong though).
or look at it this way, the arab nations provide our oil and are alot more than just one country (the cursed land).

here is my version about the whole israeli and palastinion #;
THEY'RE BOTH INSANE AND THEY BOTH DESERVE EACH OTHER!

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
WOW!! Check this out, alright Dude?

I can't tell you the last time I saw such a perfect example of I-G-N-O-R-E-N-T-S! ROFLMAO!!!!

Israel will nuke Germany!?!? WTF!?! Where does that come from?

Please, please tell me that post was a joke. Anybody....

[edit on 16-10-2004 by Cypher]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join