It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, have you been watching all those convention speeches?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I have to ask...why?

We're all aware that politicians just spew lies and propaganda. Especially at their little pep rallies.
So, why would you subject yourself to that?
Do you enjoy being lied to?
Are you expecting anything different?

Or maybe it's like a train wreck, and you just can't look away?

Just wondering...

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Let me guess....VOTE INDEPENDENT OR DON'T VOTE?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by subject x

This year I'm more into politics then I ever have been before, and I'm starting to loose interest, its a big dog and pony show. If I want lies I'll wait until my girlfriend opens her mouth and starts talking.

I will vote Gary Johnson, ron paul is out, and I don't like mittens or Hussein. If more people would just vote for whom they believed was a better leader, and didn't base their vote on who they think is likely to win, this country would have a real chance.

I don't care if Gary doesn't have a shot at winning, I'm voting for him because I like his policies and the libertarian party.

edit on 7-9-2012 by sicksonezer0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

It's a good question. I do it because I enjoy it. I KNOW what I'm hearing is a pretty, flowered-up version of what someone wants me to believe. And I watch it with my eyes open (just like I watch MSNBC and FOX). I have already decided who I'm voting for (according to facts found elsewhere, NOT in MSM). I wouldn't base my vote on anything I heard at a convention. It's a purely-positive party of sorts. And I know that. But it's fun.

edit on 9/7/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Yes i sat through both of them, it was pretty awesome, because my sons comment are hilarious.
I should have taken notes,
but,
anyway,

We both feel a little dumber.

Best thing about the whole deal was Clint.

“President Obama is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people,” Eastwood told The Pine Cone this week. “Romney and Ryan would do a much better job running the country, and that’s what everybody needs to know. I may have irritated a lot of the lefties, but I was aiming for people in the middle.”
www.pineconearchive.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I watched for about 10 minutes before I started getting sick and pretty uneasy...I eventually calmed down and watched for the mere fact that I like dissecting their lies to see how they want me to think.

The pro-Obama short documentary they showed by the documentary director of "saving superman" etc....really got under my skin because it shows the power of media and how it can sway people and almost make them forget about reality in acceptance of a well packaged lie...

All I could think of while watching that was how big a lie the Osama killing is/was and how they were portraying it as a huge success for the President...Biden there as well to give his commentary like the snake oil salesman he is...selling Obama like a used car with a thrown rod...

the whole damn charade is as disgusting as the RNC charade...

I often wonder how far up your arse or deep in the sand ones mental state has to be to take ANY of those people or events seriously...and then to follow up those circus shows with a serious vote...

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I can't stand to watch the RNC or DNC speeches. It's like being presented with a plate of dog # and being asked to taste it, to see if it still tastes bad. SSDD. It's a liars party, even when they squeal on themselves, a little bit because they have no intention of carrying out anything but the status quo, after the election. They always know what is good for them and what to talk about, to draw in the weak minded and gullible. We know that they don't work for us, that we are the marks, suckers a resource to be used and abused. Certainly we are dumb and easily bought off with toys and bobbles. Earth is a typical Level 0 planet, you know, a complete mess and based on deception. If you must vote or carry a placard, then do what you believe to be correct. We all have to learn and the repetitiveness of elite's approach, is continuing unabated until most of us catch on or not.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Oddly enough, I never considered the possibility of plain old entertainment value.
Probably because I don't find being lied to entertaining. It tends to make me angry.

Thanks for the replies, though!

If I'm not careful, I just might learn something before we're done...

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

That's funny, I have not been watching any of the conventions. I used to be into politics until both sides got way too radicalized for my tastes.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Due to the fact that the speeches are nothing but crap from the mouths of nothing but whores to corporate pimps, I careless what they have to say.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Nope, I despise both sides equally so they can all get lost for all I care. I'm more worried with my life than I am the pre-broken promises of professional liars. Besides we all already knew it was going to be Romney vs Obama in the election so the conventions were just a bunch of chest beating and fund raising masked as some kind of selection process.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I have observed them both. My interest is in seeing who is sending out the vibes of TRUTH in their communications as best as they can send them. Its acknowledged that who ever is to be POTUS may have a higher authority on-in or off world JUST AS OTHER WORLD LEADERS, but STILL 1 observes to see who will be the potential leader of the Americanaz people.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I watched... almost reluctantly, because I despise partisan politics and the modality of thought they require their partisan adherents to adopt.

I was left uneasy myself. Perhaps for different reasons than others here.

For one thing I had a list of "issues" in my mind... none of which any candidate or talking head has addressed meaningfully.

Another thing is that I had already witnessed the entire masturbatory process for what it was; a self-congratulatory happy-rah-rah event for the media to justify it's cut of millions of dollars in the political process - to go along with their function of telling us who the winner is.

I was amused that the DNC learned a lesson from the RNC... no more lapel microphones that can pick up comments other than those scripted ...

What troubled me the most was the pan shots of the audience... the almost fawning adoration in the eyes of the 'most politically expedient' facial expression to be televised.... the apparent importance of the 'entertainers' performances that somehow "mean" something to the audience and cast of characters in place... as if better marketing was more important than better politics [spit]. On second thought, it probably is...

It is exactly as some have characterized it... message form the party "This is what YOU think."

They are worse than zealous clergy and radical fundamentalists because they hide what they do under a pretense of legitimacy.

And I may appear biased here when I say this... but frankly, it appears the Democrat party has many more friends in media than the Republicans... their production values and 'sideshow' commentary was waaaay more entertainment oriented... and apparently, the DNC received better service for their bucks.... perhaps it's the power of incumbency... or maybe not... it really doesn't matter though... it's obviously the media who will decide who wins.

new topics

top topics

join