It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All of the Hot Air fell out of Obamas Speech: Unemployment Rate 8.1% ...96,000 Jobs Added?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Some of you may notice something a little odd.

If we need about 150,000 jobs every month just to keep up with population growth,

they why did the unemployment rate fall from 8.3% down to 8.1% ???

We only created 96,000 jobs.

-----------

The reason for the drop is because 368,000 Americans gave up and dropped out of the

workforce. Bloomberg has a good article here.

368,000 Americans Drop Out of Workforce

The timing could not be worse for Obama.

He gave his big empty speech last night and then gets clobbered by this job report.

--------------
Clint Eastwood warned us earlier. 23 Million Americans are unemployed and that is

a disgrace.

edit on 7-9-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-9-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
"The reason for the drop is because 368,000 American gave up and dropped out of the workforce"
-That is the TRUE REALITY of things-

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by RELDDIR
"The reason for the drop is because 368,000 American gave up and dropped out of the workforce"
-That is the TRUE REALITY of things-

The timing couldn't be worse. Obama just lost all of his momentum.

He gives his speech and the very next day he gets blasted by this job report.

Who scheduled the DNC convention ???

What were they thinking ???

----------

Clearly, Obamas economic policies have failed. Everyone sees that this morning.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

I had a feeling about the jobs numbers report being this bad. Obama wasn't himself last night. He was way too angry. (Presidents get the jobs report a day early)
edit on 7-9-2012 by RELDDIR because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-9-2012 by RELDDIR because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by RELDDIR

I had a feeling about the jobs numbers report being this bad. Obama wasn't himself last night. He was way too angry. (Presidents get the jobs report a day early)

That makes sense. The Labor Department works for Obama.

We have another job report in October 2012. I expect it to be even worse.

If Americans stop dropping out, the unemployment rate will jump back up to 8.3%.

Welcome to - stagnation -.

- College Grads Not Finding Work -

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Just vote for Obama and go on welfare.

Eat GMO, drink HFCS, and consume fast food and become morbidly obese.

Cash out what you can from your EBT and buy cigs, alcohol and kush.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
When I saw what was supposed to be the magic man perform on stage last night I was amazed to say the least. What I saw was a hollow man of himself, empty with only bitter hatred against the rich and American ideals. I said to myself, " could it be true ? "

I looked to Michelle, the smile was gone and anger hid beneath the faded smile. Joe Biden's wife also looked the same. The crowd looked disappointing, and as if to haunt and taunt him, an old faded Obama poster that read "hope" dropped from the upper deck as if to mock him openly.

Then I said, " I smell Romney in the air ." I smell a change in the wind, a fresh and new wind. I can feel it coming, a real and substantial change is in the air. It's real, and I love it.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
When I saw what was supposed to be the magic man perform on stage last night I was amazed to say the least. What I saw was a hollow man of himself, empty with only bitter hatred against the rich and American ideals. I said to myself, " could it be true ? "

I looked to Michelle, the smile was gone and anger hid beneath the faded smile. Joe Biden's wife also looked the same. The crowd looked disappointing, and as if to haunt and taunt him, an old faded Obama poster that read "hope" dropped from the upper deck as if to mock him openly.

Then I said, " I smell Romney in the air ." I smell a change in the wind, a fresh and new wind. I can feel it coming, a real and substantial change is in the air. It's real, and I love it.

Obama had a good run but it's over. - 2 months to go -

BTW, the presidential debates will be a disaster for Obama.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Maybe if your obstructionist heroes in congress didn't block the jobs insourcing bill then we might have better jobs numbers? I'm not stupid. I know the truth.
edit on 7-9-2012 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Junkheap
Maybe if your obstructionist heroes in congress didn't block the jobs insourcing bill then we might have better jobs numbers? I'm not stupid. I know the truth.

The obstructionist hero = Harry Reid

The House has passed many bills. They are locked up in Harry Reids desk.

BTW, the Keystone Pipeline would create thousands of jobs.

OOPS! Obama personally got on the phone and lobbied senators to kill the Keystone Pipeline.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Or maybe Obama could have passed the bills when the Dems had control of the Senate and House? Oh wait, they couldn't even pass a budget (and still can't in the Democratic controlled Senate). They had to give kickbacks to their own party members to pass the Healthcare bill when they had the majority!

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi

Or maybe Obama could have passed the bills when the Dems had control of the Senate and House? Oh wait, they couldn't even pass a budget (and still can't in the Democratic controlled Senate). They had to give kickbacks to their own party members to pass the Healthcare bill when they had the majority!

That is another disgrace.

No budget has been passed in over 1,000 days!

Obama = Never Compromise

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

I agree with you. From what I have observed talking like a communist doesn't go well in America. Nobody wants to punish the rich and take away their hard earned money to level the playing field and let others who don't deserve to have it take pleasure in it. If you watch the audience last night, not even they like such talk.

In the debates, Obama will be continuously grilled on his failed record. Sure, the liberal hosts of the events will try to softball the blows but he won't survive it. Did you notice how when he started talking it looked like he was in handcuffs ?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

I agree with you. From what I have observed talking like a communist doesn't go well in America. Nobody wants to punish the rich and take away their hard earned money to level the playing field and let others who don't deserve to have it take pleasure in it. If you watch the audience last night, not even they like such talk.

In the debates, Obama will be continuously grilled on his failed record. Sure, the liberal hosts of the events will try to softball the blows but he won't survive it. Did you notice how when he started talking it looked like he was in handcuffs ?

The body language is more revealing than any of the words.

OMG! It's over.

- Just 2 months to go. -

- Sandra Fluke was a disaster. Playing the victim card backfired.

- The $16 trillion National Debt and the 368,000 Americans dropping out of the workforce

will haunt Obama for the next 2 months.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Nobody wants to punish the rich and take away their hard earned money...

More like getting a free easy ride off of the backs of the hard-working middle class! At least what's left of it.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Anyone bothered to check WHY 300,000 citizens dropped out of the workforce, before making the hew and cries here?

Many reasons and not just 'giving up and living on welfare' alone. That welfare money is not alot nor last forever.

Ever thought that with a population of 300 million, there might be other causes for dropping out of workforce - such as getting married and becoming home-caretaker, retirement, sick, becoming self-employed, overseas employment, etc?

Deny ignorance please, not perpertrate it here on ATS.
edit on 7-9-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
no, it's just SLOW

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
Anyone bothered to check WHY 300,000 citizens dropped out of the workforce, before making the hew and cries here?

Many reasons and not just 'giving up and living on welfare' alone. That welfare money is alot nor last forever.

Ever thought that with a population of 300 million, there might be other causes for dropping out of workforce - such as getting married and becoming home-caretaker, retirement, sick, becoming self-employed, overseas employment, etc?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Nobody wants to punish the rich and take away their hard earned money...

More like getting a free easy ride off of the backs of the hard-working middle class! At least what's left of it.

Free ride ???

The richest 10% pay 70% of the Federal Taxes.

Let me guess. NBC has been teaching you how to think.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

Many reasons and not just 'giving up and living on welfare' alone. That welfare money is not alot nor last forever.

edit on 7-9-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

Yes, people are dropping out because of something called - stagnation -.

We have 3 choices: Growth : Recession : Stagnation

Obama has given us stagnation. -Seek the truth -

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

You are so right about the body language, you know, he was scary last night. He looked pissed, angry and bitter. He knows his goose is cooked and he can feel it. They have no sex scandal on Mitt, and his casting God under the bus with Jerusalem was insanity itself.

On the body language, if you notice when he came out with the communist attack on the rich, that he began to perspire more, like a real honest to goodness sweat begged to be had. I longed for one of those John Kerry beads to roll down his forehead like in the Kerry Bush debate. He was truly nervous when he began slamming success and the wealthy people of America (which no one hates).

But the clue to the end can be seen in the one person that mattered last night and that was Michelle. She knows the end is near, and I could see it in her eyes. The sparkle was gone, the light was out, and the halo had faded away. Anyways, check out Michelle and you'll see. Quite a bit of difference than before when he was worshiped before the Greek pillars at the stadium.

edit on 7-9-2012 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join