It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sylvia Browne

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I think if she ever really did have psychic abilities at some time...she's surely lost her touch now. She's just plain awful. I lost all respect for her when I heard she charges around $900 U.S. a session...you gotta be kidding. It's one thing to make a living, but I think she's just taking advantage of desperate people.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wyzewun
...when I heard she charges around $900 U.S. a session...you gotta be kidding. It's one thing to make a living, but I think she's just taking advantage of desperate people.

Isn't that the american dream?

As for why she (and no other psychics) saw 9/11 coming...

Depending on how far you're willing to let your belief stretch - if you believe in (or want to believe in) psychics and the forces which give them their power, it's not much of a leap of logic to assume that there are those who can 'block' a psychics ability, and an even smaller step to assume that they would be in the employ of the kind of people who undertake a 9/11.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SethJaneRob

The future aint completely written in stone. Somethings are going to happen no matter what for whatever reasons and some things are changeable. As far as her not being able to see 9/11 well I think you'd have to completely write off any psychic throughout history then. Where were the psychics for pearl harbour, ww1, ww2, the civil war, the rev. war, the french rev., etc. see what I mean?

Try Nostradamus

www.mabus.biz...

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I'll take the test!

In the next year, a terrorist attack will take place upon US interests. Casualties will happen. The US government will condemn said act and threaten retalaliation. Outrage will ensue and blame will be placed on the current president. Others will disagree. They will claim it is a conspiracy and claim it is the works of a secret underground network controlling the current President.

The US will retaliate and eliminate said threat. Many will wonder if the President was elected fairly and isn't perhaps part of a greater conspiracy.

Just a thought.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos

That's absolutely true. Everyone can spend their money any way they want. I think P.T. Barnum said it best, "There's a sucker born every minute!"

Man, I just got into a lot of trouble because of a thread like this. I'm trying to be nice... how am I doing? You're not a 14 year old girl are you?

Originally posted by SethJaneRob
I've moved on to more detailed material since (seth).

P. T. Barnum Never Did Say
"There's a Sucker Born Every Minute"
By R. J. Brown
Editor-in-Chief

P. T. Barnum is most often associated with the circus sideshow and the display of freaks. While this is true, he is also the founding force behind one of America's most famous circuses: Barnum & Bailey Circus. Barnum is also affiliated with the famous quote "There's a sucker born every minute." History, unfortunately, has misdirected this quotation. Barnum never did say it. Actually, it was said by his competitor. Here's the incredible story.www.historybuff.com...

Your doing fine Delta you are not creating any Chaos

Could be a girl, though

TUT

[edit on 16-10-2004 by tututkamen]

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Back when I didn't have a job, I watched Montel every time Sylvia was on... I distinctly remember her saying that the anthrax thing (remember that and how that just dropped out of the news) would be solved and some guy who was sending these letters from someone's basement would be arrested.

her prediction from this week's show (yeah, i taped it...)... she says for anyone vacationing not to go to India or the Holy Land for the next year (date aired 10-13-2004) because she doesn't want anyone to die. perhaps we should see how this one pans out, watching for tourist deaths there for the next year...

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by quango

Originally posted by Wyzewun
...when I heard she charges around $900 U.S. a session...you gotta be kidding. It's one thing to make a living, but I think she's just taking advantage of desperate people.

Isn't that the american dream?

To take advantage of people and rip them off? Gawd I hope not.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Defineatly a fraud!!

I can't stand her higher than thou atitude. She talks down to the audience and from what I've seen she leaves most of them dumfounded and confused. How many times do you see them sit back down with questions on their lips they are not given a chance to ask? She says the obvious and if someone disagress with her she tells them they're wrong...LOL
What a joke I can't believe ppl would even consider her genuine.
Beware of false prophets

[edit on 17-10-2004 by ANOK]

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Firstly,

There is NO SUCH THING as dark forces.

Secondly,

SYLVIA BROWNE IS A FRAUD. She was wrong on various predictions, including Bill Bradley becoming president in 2000. She is a phony. She charges $700 a reading. She also sounds like she's an addicted smoker and drinker.

Be very cynical of all prophets and psychics including Jesus Christ. Want to read a failed prophecy? Read MARK 13.

[edit on 26-10-2004 by BeMoreCynical]

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
I used to believe some of the things she said, but she's just taking people for a ride and sucking up their jing.

She's got books out, she teaches classes, if you want a reading from her it's like 200 bucks or 400 i'm not quite sure..

She's a big fraud she was on Larry King once and she sucked.... You could tell she was nervous... big time...

Totally agree with you! she's all about moe money , moe money , moe money! Even her son is a psychic! Best psychic ever is Gordon Smith!

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
With something like nearly 30 books published, average hard back cover price of $24.99, and hundreds of dollars a reading... I'm amazed she has any time at all for personal appearances. I wish I could turn out books that fast and have most of them be selling so obscenely well.

[edit for grammar]

[edit on 17/10/04 by ishari]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I am glad someone put John Edwards and Sylvia browne together, they are two of a kind. Their methods are so transparent and telegraphed. But i guess when you are dealing with people who are in pain of loss this little matter gets overlooked.
P

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ishari
her prediction from this week's show (yeah, i taped it...)... she says for anyone vacationing not to go to India or the Holy Land for the next year (date aired 10-13-2004) because she doesn't want anyone to die.

Yeah, that one got me. Stay out of India and Israel because something
dangerous is going to happen. Well ... DUH! It's ALWAYS dangerous
there. Four years ago she had the 'Bill Bradley will win the presidency'
prediction.

The thing with 9/11 gets me. That was MAJOR. I know people who had
dreams about it ahead of time, or who were told in prayer that something
MAJOR was going to happen in September and that it would be a 'month
of sorrows' for America. Regular people felt or knew something big was
going to happen in September, but Sylvia Browne (and the others) didn't.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos

Why do you consider Seth a bigger pile of poo? Hwo far did you get in the books?

No I am not a girl.
No I am not 14.

I don't consider Sylvia to be a fraud but it doesn't matter to me as I have moved on.

I don't see John Edwards and Sylvia in the same category.

James Randhi (SP) isn't the end all, be all when it comes to research in this particular field. He is a skeptic.

if the government thinks enough of it to devote time and research into the paranormal doesn't that give it some legitimacy?

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Flyersfan: Sylvia most definately said 3 months before 911: I see the twin towers falling, crumbling down.....

She said this on at least two occasion, one, on the Montel williams show, and the othertime i heard it was on the "coast to coast am show".

Maybe you didnt hear it, but i certainly did. since i heard this, ive believed her and her predictions.

I think she's the only believable psychic out there

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Here is what I think. She can write very interesting books. I choose to assume everything I read is "fiction" until I can find something that feels right to work into MY belief system. There are 100's of different interpretations of EVERYTHING.....including the Bible, who is right, I dont know, do you really know, everyone writes books on every subject of mankind, and everyone has a different perspective, a different belief, a different religious orientation, etc.

What I can say is that Sylvia's books gave me hope after loosing a child. That hope may last my life time and that is exactly what I needed. Many may say she is playing on peoples weekness but it doesnt really matter, for me, it makes me get out of bed yet another day even if it is just a pretty dream concocked by an imaginative mind.

BUT, if you will note all psychics have lead very imaginative lives since they were very little, all of them! I can tell you that my recent practice of visualization, and meditation has opened up a whole new world of "seeing" what I never could see before. Therefore, with specific training, alot of hard work, and a true desire.....I DO believe you can see/speak to spirit.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Back when I was around 15, she came to this convention centre right outside of Dallas, TX. I went with my mom because she was a big fan and she had breast cancer at the time so I thought I would show some support.

Anyway, we get to the venue and it is PACKED. Literally, parking was nearly impossible to get, however we lucked out on this cop car giving us his spot. We walked into the place and everyone there received these 'raffle tickets' which also told us where we would be seated. Once again, we lucked out and managed to get row three out of 40 something rows.

So after about an hour of waiting, Sylvia Browne comes up on stage. Everyone flipped. It was as if 2pac graced the stage at a hip-hop concert. People were ecstatic and furiously clapped their hands.

When things calmed down, she started lecturing about the after life. You know the general 'Sylvia Browne' perspective. One thing I vividly remember is her saying how much she 'Hates her mom' and how she was evil. Sort of weird for a psychic to say that but she backed it up by saying how it was not in her destiny to be her daughter (or something along those lines).

There was one moment in the evening where she made everyone close their eyes and imagine a bubble surrounding us. As it did, it pushed out all of the negative energy. I was 15, what did I care about negative energy. During this meditative state, I opened my eyes and saw a wave of people in trance. It was definitely a site to see.

Anyway, the raffle part came. She called out a total of five names. The names she called out came up on stage and Sylvia gave them a personal reading. Most of these readings just consisted of general horoscope like readings. I really can�t recall any specifically, but they weren�t even notable.

But the part that I DO remember is me shelling out a good $3 for this mini-book (it was really a well organized pamphlet) stating what the afterlife is like and how we travel to there. I remember flipping through it and Sylvia has really scientific terms on how our soul travel to a certain planet in which all souls go to. She also professed how she was a Gnostic Christian.

I wish I still had that mini-book however it is back in Texas in my bathroom drawer and I'm in Wales freezing my butt off.

Hope this helped or gave you some insight into Sylvia Browne.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Chris Robinson a British psychic had reccuring dreams of planes being flown into skyscrapers in New York, he claims to have approached both the british and US govt about his concerns in the months leading up to the attack and was rebuffed. Gary Swartch a scientist who was testing his abilities at the time backs this up, another guy in Britain painted a picture of two towers with the statue of liberty in the foreground and what looks like a missile hitting one of the towers as it leans over, he painted this five years before and had a pic taken in his local bank with him, the pic and the time and date on the bank clock. Not conclusive proof maybe but pretty compelling. Psychics and psychic powers probably exist although by it's very nature it's an elusive phenomona. Sylvia Browne sounds like a bit of a con artist to me or someone who fleshes out her abilities with generalisations but that doesn't negate the whole idea of precognition. BTW why is a fourteen year old girl any less able to make rational and informed decisions about something she has observed than a so called adult. If you want blind belief (scientism) and fraud (trying to fix the results of experiments) look no further than the unamazing Randi.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 02:14 AM
link   
personally I think shes pretty cool. I read her one book about dreams and wow it was really interesting! and some stuff in there i could relate to.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I read some of her stuff and the predictions were not all off . i have yet to find anyone to get one come true . so she gets a plus for that .

ive noticed her sarcastic attitude but i like it cause i dont like a lot of poeple either . i feel her pain .

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join