It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Looking For A Term That May Not Yet Exist

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Physics is the study of matter and energy in dynamic action. Metaphysics - the term - has been assigned to the study of non-material physical existence - spirituality, mind, will, states of being, time in a macro sense, synchronicity, determination, free will, fate, destiny, and that sort of thing. Philosophy refers to larger issues that include Metaphysics as well as relativism, art, truth, logic, morality, perception, reality, rationalism and objectivism, yet (for the most part) from the perspective of how these aspects impact the human experience. Of course, there are subsets of all of these as well as other delineations that focus on issues that are more abstract or concrete than what I've listed.

My search is for a term that describes the study of that which includes all of these fields, while being based solely on logical inference, that seeks to establish exactly what exists as factual and definable. A field that brings physics and metaphysics and philosophy and all that exists and is brought into existence, together as one full reality narrative based on clearly defined dots that are securely connected. I had a pretty cool term, but it only pertains to the eternal nature of the human being and not to the entire substructural foundation and progressive development infrastructure that exists to allow the emergence of that sentient life. So that term obviously won't work.

I could use some suggestions. You folks already helped a lot with the vetting of some of this stuff, and I even discovered its close associations with Quantum Physics/Mechanics by poking around here, so I know there are some good minds that spend free time on this board. The term needs to be descriptive and yet it should be sort of catchy, in a common sense sort of way. Something scientific, I guess. And yet, it has to suggest that this field also explains the factual nature of the entire spiritual realm as well, so it can't be too scientific. Science only examines a tiny slice of reality. This study is extremely broad. Certainly a lot broader than science.

Let me see what you have. I'm really stuck here.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Hi,
How about dimensional universology?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I really have no clue,

What you have described is pretty much the study of everything, so I will refrain from giving you my poor attempt at creating a name but in my opinion the term should express the Infinity or dimensional, or universal concepts.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
If I understood you correctly I've been working on a crude theory of this for some years, I have not published anything from what I am working on now, but if you'd like I suppose I could send you an image of it and you can overlook it. And if you wish continue and help me build upon it.

edit on 6-9-2012 by NoxAsays because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Impossibology....

I don't know, you are combining some terms that don't jive well...like spiritual and factual....factual isn't a word that should be tossed around lightly, although it is here on ATS it should be reserved to undeniable factual, without a doubt items...spirituality itself is a constant work in progress and a study in and of itself, so to include that in with the study of facts makes no sense to me.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoxAsays
If I understood you correctly I've been working on a crude theory of this for some years, I have not published anything from what I am working on now, but if you'd like I suppose I could send you an image of it and you can overlook it. And if you wish continue and help me build upon it.

This isn't new stuff its yin-yang duality that has been around for thousands of years afaik....

The dissecting and breaking up of reality/experience/existence into segments to stuff into contrasting boxes isn't anything new...there are many many different ways to express this in different types of studies like astrology, horoscopes, Taoism, occult philosophies, magic, wicca, new age etc etc etc...

most ALL of these in some form or another dissect our reality into "fundamental" segments upon which they assign specific "traits" and ultimately this helps us cope with our sense of "lost purpose" or "meaning" some of us have...its a way of making sense and order things so we are able to sleep at night.

Having said all that its all the same stuff the same concept the same goal but in a different costume...some of the expressions are more popular than others and some are more taboo...

I'm not saying I don't believe any of it, I'm just saying that I don't think a "new term" needs to be invented to describe what is already described...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

What about the word "ontology"?

This is the study of what is actually existent and its relationship to nature.

Metaphysics - Philosophy (psychology - ways of thinking), Physics (science)

all of this would be included as "existence"....

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Supertemporal exegesis

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
You are most certainly right, all tough it would be awesome to actually make a scientific/philosophic hypothesis out of it.

Still I must say that it's not about sleeping well at night. Here's some recordings of man called Alan Watts which have given me a lot of inspiration apart from my own experiences.

it's in three parts.

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

You are most certainly right, all tough it would be awesome to actually make a scientific/philosophic hypothesis out of it.

Still I must say that it's not about sleeping well at night. Here's some recordings of man called Alan Watts which have given me a lot of inspiration apart from my own experiences.

it's in three parts.

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Awesome you might find this interesting as well if you haven't seen it already:

Robert Anton Wilson

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one

Impossibology....

I don't know, you are combining some terms that don't jive well...like spiritual and factual....factual isn't a word that should be tossed around lightly, although it is here on ATS it should be reserved to undeniable factual, without a doubt items...spirituality itself is a constant work in progress and a study in and of itself, so to include that in with the study of facts makes no sense to me.

Well, what is considered to be spirituality. Of course, things aren't necessarily as they've been previously defined...right?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

What about the word "ontology"?

This is the study of what is actually existent and its relationship to nature.

Metaphysics - Philosophy (psychology - ways of thinking), Physics (science)

all of this would be included as "existence"....

hmmmm. You may have something here. I'm putting this on a short list for sure. I still have to learn what the widely published crowd has done with this term to date. If it's been allowed to remain as dictionary-defined, then we may have a winner. Thanks!

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I've already finished the theory and it's extremely defined...and initially published. I appreciate the image. Of course I'm interested in what you've put together.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

That was some interesting video clips, but don't you think that apart from the scientific view there actually are some polar contrasts that the perceivers share in what ever form they may take?

Heres another Watts clip, just for the sake of sharing.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q33323

Supertemporal exegesis

I might be afraid of that gathering of syllables. I'm not sure yet, though. It's quite a term.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Epistemology- branch of philosophy that deals with varieties, grounds and validity of knowledge. Essentially, "what do we know and how do we know it"

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

Originally posted by Sly1one

Impossibology....

Well, what is considered to be spirituality. Of course, things aren't necessarily as they've been previously defined...right?

spirituality is relative, just as most other things are...the more and more we consider all things the more and more we realize that its all relative...which makes defining things difficult.

Spirituality for some is the exploration and study of the "inner you" the part you that is aware that you are aware...Intelligence or consciousness squared so to speak.
Some people think spirituality is going to church and praising Jesus or God or insert XXX idol....
Some people think spirituality is self sacrifice and servitude to others in need...
Some people think spirituality is removal of the desire for the material world and material objects...
Some people think spirituality is so on and so forth....

Now that I think of it...

what about the term Existential Reletivology or Relative Existology
edit on 6-9-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

May I ask you for a drawing or if you'd like please explain or post the theory that you've come up with. =)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
I really have no clue,

What you have described is pretty much the study of everything, so I will refrain from giving you my poor attempt at creating a name but in my opinion the term should express the Infinity or dimensional, or universal concepts.

I looked into the "Theory of Everything" notion, but it's so loaded as a term that I'm staying away from it. Besides, I'm not focused on the potential diversities that develop from progressive development, so "everything" wouldn't be accurate. There's no possible means of encompassing all possible forms of existential expression. Once dynamic information emerged, followed by the next logical progression - sentience - all bets were off forever on what was likely to emerge as dynamic expression. Sure, underneath it all is the same stable logical substructure, but the array of launching platforms are staggeringly vast. No one could ever map it all out, or even confine the whole of it as one research discipline. My focus is on the drivers and the qualifiers, and through them, the yeses and nos of factual reality.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

May I ask you for a drawing or if you'd like please explain or post the theory that you've come up with. =)

You can ask, but I doubt that my management team would allow it. That said, I have a pretty extensive posting history on this site. I can't stop you from post searching me and piecing what you can together from that. We're exploring traditional publishers, and I'm just having a bitch of a time with terminology that doesn't restrict the scope of what we've got here.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join