It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel join the Union?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Althought the chances may not be high.... What would happen if Israel evaluated all of it's holdings in the occupied territories and became a state in the United States? Perhaps this would be a way to guarantee its security or at least its right to exist? With the large Jewish and diverse population in the US, it may be a good fit. The distance would be a problem.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Ermmm.....what has this got to do with the New World Order??
this is more Website-Related Discussion

But i really cant see Israel joining the United States

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Israel is a state in all but name. It's a forward outpost of the American Empire.

They use US military equipment, are our largest recipient of foreign aide, and have huge representation in the US government. The US and Israel vote as one in the UN.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 06:44 AM
link   
If Israel officially became a state of america, it would just make things infinitely worse for america IMO

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   
So you want Israel to give away its control over us politics and foreign policy?
Well good luck with that. I think Jewish people are smarter than that why be a part of something when you can own it

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 07:16 AM
link   
They are trying their damdest to join the EU.. i have seen a report drafted by a israeli embassy worker on the isreali opinon of turkey applying to join.

A bit green i think.

But they are already involved in the european song contest every year.

Why i wonder... didn't their niegbors invite them to the arab song contest?

EDIT:Shameful spelling [/

[edit on 14/10/2004 by Corinthas]

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
They should change the name then to the E&AMU - European and Asia Minor Union. Then we can get the African Union involved as well as the United Nations and SEATO. What? What do you mean the U.S isn't part of the EAMAUSEATOUN? It's sweeping the globe!

Seriously though, when the lines of communication are open frequently between all countries and organizations, there is less likely a chance we'd have a massive war on our hands.

[edit on 14-10-2004 by saint4God]

[edit on 14-10-2004 by saint4God]

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Actually, believe it or not, there is a precedent for a country having an overseas state or province. France's former colonies in the Caribbean (Guadeloupe and Martinique) as well as Saint-Pierre et Miquelon (two French holdings off the coast of Newfoundland) have become what the French call DOM/TOM - D�partements outremer and Territoires outremer (Overseas Departments and Overseas Territories).

A short explanation... for those who didn't know, France is divided into departments (95, I think) like the U.S. is divided into states. So a DOM basically has the very same rights a mainland department has.

And of course in the U.S. you have the precedent of Hawaii.

However... I don't see Israel joining the Union. It would worsen an already delicate situation in the Middle East, and I think Israelis have fought too many centuries to once again have a country to call their own, for them to abandon that.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Taibunsuu, what representation would you be refferring to? I don't recall any Israeli citizens being involved in American government. Unless you're trying to imply that anyone of the Jewish religion is really working for Israel, but I know you're better than that.

Otts, don't forget the old saying "The sun never sets on British soil" if you want a precedent for overseas rule.

Needless to say Israel is not becoming a state. Even if both parties were interested (which I doubt either one is) look at the situation in Puerto Rico. Statehood debates have been going on for years, this is not quite an easy task.

new topics

top topics

join