It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Picture - Stryker flipped by 500lb IED

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 04:48 AM
link   
The picture is of a U.S. Army Stryker that was hit by a 500 pound roadside bomb in northern Iraq on October 8th. The Stryker was hit on the right side while travelling down the road at about 60 kilometers an hour. The bomb was in a car parked by the side of the road, and went off as the Stryker drove by. The Stryker flipped over one and a half times and skidded about 30 feet. This bomb was so powerful that it knocked out lights in the rooms of soldiers at a base 2400 meters away. There were four soldiers in the Stryker, and none were hurt (aside from a ringing in the ears...). When the Stryker was flipped back upright, it was still able to move under its own power.

external image

www.strategypage.com...

It's hard to mimagine anybody escaping from this with only slight injuries.

[edit on 14-10-2004 by John bull 1]
EDIT:Squeezed the pic down a little so we don't have to scroll

[edit on 14-10-2004 by dbates]

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Pic doesn't seem to be there.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu
Pic doesn't seem to be there.

I don't know what happened, I can see it. I provided a link which you can use.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 05:52 AM
link   
the driving the thing must have a really bad headache

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 06:43 AM
link   
good grief must of been one hellavu ride for the folks inside. it would appear these iraqi rebels are very good at making bombs. i guess its the only way to fight the goliath that is our military. one would ponder, wats the total # of american vehicles damaged or distroyed during this war. for every bomb that damages an american vehicle, thats another million we wont see put to use in our home.

:/

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   

for every bomb that damages an american vehicle, thats another million we wont see put to use in our home.

You know, it just hit me what a perfect tactic that would be. Just cause enough trouble to keep the enemy searching for you, killing off a few of you here and there and hope there's enough people on your side to hold out long enogh untill the enemy goes bankrupt or civil war breaks out. Just take little bites at a time instead of being greedy

new topics

top topics

join