It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddam Hussein Is Going Insane

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
(sigh)

WHOA! STOP THE BUBBLE MACHINES!!!

Guys... the news source is PRAVDA.

Remember them? The "Weekly World News" of Russia? If you wait just a week or two, they'll have Saddam being visited in his cell by Batboy and Tammy Faye Baker and in a month they'll have the story about how he and Martha Stewart have become "pen" pals and how Martha's teaching him to redecorate his cell in red, white, and blue.

It's Pravda, guys. Take with a whole oceanfull of salt.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
hang him by his scrotum.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
as if he wasnt already insane before. ha!

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

I know it's Pravda and they're about as reliable as the The World Weekly News, but still yet, people feeling sorry for Saddam? And people on the verge of committing serious offenses?

Put a television in the cell with Saddam and have HSN on 24/7, and then I will say that's cruel and unusual punishment!

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
good, imagine how many people saddam put into this type of situation.
he still deserves more pain.......

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling

BTW, when has Saddam Hussein ever been sane?

Well that is exactly the question, he was sane until about 15 years ago when his ego took over....

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Remember what separates us from Saddam before we go on with our scrotum hanging remarks!

What Saddam deserves isn't necessarily what we or the Iraqis are going to give to him. We are civilized people and so are the Iraqis, whether you agree or not. Let us maintain our air of superiority here by not shouting fascist sadistic remarks about what we intend for him.

Zip

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
How about we put him on TV. Put him in a house with 6 strangers to live with and film the whole thing. The proceeds can go twards fixing up Iraq. ;-)

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by snoopy
How about we put him on TV. Put him in a house with 6 strangers to live with and film the whole thing. The proceeds can go twards fixing up Iraq. ;-)

PURE GOLD!

"I heard Saddam talking to himself the other night... He was petting a lock of hair he keeps by his bed."
"Whose hair? Where did he get a lock of hair from?"
"I think he cut it off Sylvia's head the other night as she was sleeping."
"OKAY, GROUP MEETING."

Zip

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
(sigh)

Guys... the news source is PRAVDA.

Remember them? The "Weekly World News" of Russia? If you wait just a week or two, they'll have Saddam being visited in his cell by Batboy and Tammy Faye Baker and in a month they'll have the story about how he and Martha Stewart have become "pen" pals and how Martha's teaching him to redecorate his cell in red, white, and blue.

yes i know that they are a tabloid, and regardless of if any of it is true or not, to any extent, as i said before: human is human. i apologise if it seemed i credited the source as being viable, but it seems this discussion has turned into something else, just as relative and important.

im not saying to let him get off free. trial him, and let the rest unfold. i just dont agree with any of us lowering ourselves to that of which we describe our supposed enemy. if he is to be executed, then i suppose thats how its gonna be. but why would anyone take pleasure in the thought of it? or even wish worse? when each is met equally by another, the "enemy". it will never end this way, and that's what is barbaric. simply put, revenge, or lack of forgiveness. dfh out

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by DigitalGrl
i think he is faking it. The guy is evil. he knows he is going to have to go to trial so if he acts like he's crazy maybe he hopes it will play to his advantage. DIGITALGRL

You hit the nail on the head. I reckon Saddam will play the insanity card in an attempted to stay out of jail. What makes a person insane?
The fact that they have no conscience dosnt make them insane (a psychopath.) he still knew what he was doing. Well if his regime was like the Nazis there will be plently of records left to prove was perfectly aware of his actions.
Forgive me Im not a psychologist this is just my 10 cents.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Seems that alot of people aren't happy unless someone is suffering or blood is being spilled in the name of justice

Not sure it's a good idea to use the term "Death Penalty" in the same sentence as "Civilisation". The US admin has to take the moral high ground and lead by example.

I think it's very apparent, when looking at posts of this type, that the human race has barely begun to walk.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
While it is not God's way for us to punish those who do us or others wrong for it is his job, I cant say that sadness is a word I would relate to a man who murdered hundreds of his own people with poison gas and leading them into a contemptious war which by the way I dont agree with but could have been prevented under the Bush rationale of open inspections by the UN which Saddam arrogantly interfered with the mans sons also were killed under an act of war because of their likened views placed them in a position of enemy hostile.

So as I feel no pitty for the mans troubles who can look at this artical with an amount of concearn that merits publication.

As for the picture of Bush hung with respectful neatness in past research on the human condition as it pertains to war and strife I have found that as far back as the renossance war periods that more than 4 individual leaders openly respected and admired their enemy often keeping personal items as photos and news clippings in their personal belongings because of an unwritten code of conduct where in knowing and respecting your enemy doesnt allow you to become complacent by this I mean the man always sees and knows as much as he can about his enemy and respects him as a worthy adversary so to lend failing mental health to a reason for Saddams actions may be in fact playing into his hands

granted he has suffered a loss no parent shall wish to experience and he is not top rooster on the fence anymore and is at the mercies of his captures to know when he may do anything but breath dont let him fool you many a man has placed himself in this exact position for the simple fact of drawing sympathy in a time of trial to avoid harsh indangerments or recourse he may be truely ill but dont miss the reasons for his present conditions

he is a murderer of women and children and will if loose return to his old ways he is not worthy of the compassion for which he is recieving in the misplaced sadness as it has been put across where was his compasion when he gasses his own people and leads his own children to a position that garunteed their demise.

just put the man through his trial and let God sort out the rest its not our task to do God's job for him

[edit on 15/10/2004 by drbryankkruta]

[edit on 15/10/2004 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Apollyon
after second long look ....still bullshiite

Originally posted by dh
Yes - the dentition convinced me - take another look

I wouldn't be so sure, actually. He was reported to have look-a-likes, right? How do we know this isn't one of them? Did anyone take a DNA sample from Saddam before, to compare test results to? I doubt it.

Originally posted by edsinger
Well that is exactly the question, he was sane until about 15 years ago when his ego took over....

His ego was stoked by years of being America's golden boy.
Not only did we subsidize his wars, we even planned them for him and egged him on.

[edit on 15-10-2004 by Damned]

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I immediately thought of the Queen song and had to share. Sorry no real content to this posting.

"I'm one card short of a full deck
I'm not quite the shilling
One wave short of a shipwreck
I'm not my usual top billing
I'm coming down with a fever
I'm really out to sea
This kettle is boiling over
I think I'm a banana tree
Oh dear

I'm going slightly mad
I'm going slightly mad
It finally happened - happened
It finally happened - uh huh
It finally happened
I'm slightly mad
Oh dear"

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by deaf fences hit
Late news, yet just as interesting.

Before his current health issues, it seems that to those who were able to observe his behaviour in solitude noticed some strange things. One could not blame him though, once a ruler of a country, now a powerless criminal in a US jail cell, whose become fatherless to two dead sons, it seems he"s sadly meeting his time.

english.pravda.ru
Hussein goes insane
02/24/2004 16:12
Source: Utro.Ru

...Saddam started to have mental problems. At times, he would suddenly start mumbling something irrational. Afterwards, he would sit in total silence, without uttering a single word. Doctors assume that the Iraqi leader used to consume a lot of alcohol or used drugs in the past. At the same time, the symptoms could have been caused by his far from young age as well as death of his sons.

Hussein has several photographs of Udai and Kusai (his sons) in his cell. Interestingly, a portrait of Gerge W. Bush of an unknown origin also neatly hangs on the wall. This fact can be interpreted as another evidence of Hussein"s insanity. Had he been well, the former Iraqi leader would not have hung a picture of his enemy. And in case the portrait had been hung by someone other than Hussein, perhaps, the captive has gone crazy as a result of constantly staring at Bush" intellectual face.

In the meantime, according to a recently conducted poll, nearly 70% of Americans in the US support the idea of public broadcast of Saddam"s execution. 21% of Americans are even willing to pay for watching Osama bin Laden being executed. Another 11% would like to enjoy watching the last moments of Hussein"s life. So there you have it, a democratic society with experience.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

By reading the entire article, I was slightly shocked and saddened to some of the information.

For one, he constantly stares at Bush"s "intellectual" face... Need I say more?

Two, a 70% american poll in favour of a public broadcasted execution!? Not to mention a 21% wanting to watch Osama Bin Laden"s, and another 11% wanting to watch the last moments of Saddams life... With some willing to pay.

Ok, the man screwed up big time, has had a mental break down regarding his fallen superiority and dead sons. Has he already not lost as much as any other person has lost? Trial him for his crimes, then trial Bush

deaf fences hit

[edit on 14-10-2004 by Banshee]

he's keeping his enemy close

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
[edit on 10/29/04 by WisdomMaster]

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Oh, BTW, I would really love to hear what Saddam has to say to defend himself.

It's too easy when the radio has only one station! Bush locked at Guantanamo!

dh

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Look - it's easy really - Saddam was an asset of the US - all his war crimes were at the US intel/military behest
The sad mind controlled lookalike freak presently held under US custody isn't him - get it straight
No need to vent any anger at this one - he's a set-up altar who will surely decease before any court tries him
The real Saddam was Carlysle controlled and most probably lives a protected life in some former Soviet "-Stan" dictatorship
The crimes committed relate directly back to the Bush regime and all their backers
In the end, punishment should include all the manipulators, the Bushes, Blairs, Rockefellers,Windsors, Kissingers all members of the new world order up to the legendary Pindar and beyond
These are all mass-murdering manipulators
And the US is voting for either one of two frontmen in a few weeks

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Please do some research on what chemical weapons were used by Saddam. They were in fact supplied by the US, and Saddam was aided in war plans using such weapons, by the US of A. This was done, of course, to counter Iran.

Instead of feeling so darn self righteous about this issue of chemical weapons and such, please identify the Americans who participated in this, and send them to jail. After that I'll hear your argument about Saddam.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join