It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddam Hussein Is Going Insane

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Late news, yet just as interesting.

Before his current health issues, it seems that to those who were able to observe his behaviour in solitude noticed some strange things. One could not blame him though, once a ruler of a country, now a powerless criminal in a US jail cell, whose become fatherless to two dead sons, it seems he"s sadly meeting his time.

english.pravda.ru
Hussein goes insane
02/24/2004 16:12
Source: Utro.Ru

...Saddam started to have mental problems. At times, he would suddenly start mumbling something irrational. Afterwards, he would sit in total silence, without uttering a single word. Doctors assume that the Iraqi leader used to consume a lot of alcohol or used drugs in the past. At the same time, the symptoms could have been caused by his far from young age as well as death of his sons.

Hussein has several photographs of Udai and Kusai (his sons) in his cell. Interestingly, a portrait of Gerge W. Bush of an unknown origin also neatly hangs on the wall. This fact can be interpreted as another evidence of Hussein"s insanity. Had he been well, the former Iraqi leader would not have hung a picture of his enemy. And in case the portrait had been hung by someone other than Hussein, perhaps, the captive has gone crazy as a result of constantly staring at Bush" intellectual face.

In the meantime, according to a recently conducted poll, nearly 70% of Americans in the US support the idea of public broadcast of Saddam"s execution. 21% of Americans are even willing to pay for watching Osama bin Laden being executed. Another 11% would like to enjoy watching the last moments of Hussein"s life. So there you have it, a democratic society with experience.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

By reading the entire article, I was slightly shocked and saddened to some of the information.

For one, he constantly stares at Bush"s "intellectual" face... Need I say more?

Two, a 70% american poll in favour of a public broadcasted execution!? Not to mention a 21% wanting to watch Osama Bin Laden"s, and another 11% wanting to watch the last moments of Saddams life... With some willing to pay.

Ok, the man screwed up big time, has had a mental break down regarding his fallen superiority and dead sons. Has he already not lost as much as any other person has lost? Trial him for his crimes, then trial Bush

deaf fences hit

[edit on 14-10-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 02:10 AM
link   
How can you feel sorry for this guy? He's put tens of thousnds of his own people to death just for opposing him! He's brutal and heartless.

They're still finding mass graves with the remains of infants among the dead! And his two sons were killed in a gun battle! They weren't killed accidentally or murdered. They more or less committed suicide if you ask me!

BTW, when has Saddam Hussein ever been sane?

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
How can you feel sorry for this guy? He's put tens of thousnds of his own people to death just for opposing him! He's brutal and heartless.

They're still finding mass graves with the remains of infants among the dead! And his two sons were killed in a gun battle! They weren't killed accidentally or murdered. They more or less committed suicide if you ask me!

BTW, when has Saddam Hussein ever been sane?

Well, regardless of how bad someone is, they are still human, in the end. I'm not saying he was a saint, I'm just saying that insane or sane, evil or good, human is human. Why do we hunger so savagely over seeing him die? Because we've lost loved ones? I'm sure any terrorist can relate to that too.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Of course they're going to say he's insane, even if he isn't. I don't know how anyone could stay caged up without going crazy.

Maybe he keeps the picture of Bush on the wall to maintain his resolve. Hate does wonders sometimes.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by deaf fences hit
they are still human

Exactely. these people are screaming about how awful it is that under SAddams rule people were murdered, and of course it is. Yet then they scream to see his blood spilled, have him killed publicly. The world has to learn how to value human life. An eye for an eye will not help the world learn this .

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Thats the problem with the world... everyone wants an eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth... where has that ever gotten anyone? Look at the middle east, look at the Kasmir conflict (untill they decided to do the whole thing peacefully), look at the IRA in england (once again peaceful talks solved that), the Tamil Tigers in sri lanka (peace again wins the day)... when will people realise that blood for blood, will only cause more blood untill every is damned #ing well swimming in the # and the guns are too clogged with blood to fire another shot!

yeah try saddam, but show sympathy for what he has lost, maybe he was a cruel man, but your president has effectively killed thousands of civilians, i'm sure you'd expect our sympathies for him if he went nuts... hell i hated reagan but i felt for him when his health failed...

Human is human, and thats what seperates us from the monkeys (that and shoes)

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I feel that our ability to feel empathy due to our basic common humanity, even toward an individual who has caused great harm to ourselves and others, is the hallmark of our place in the order of life. Without that (no offense is intended here), we're just as purely instinctual and irrational as a monkey reacting in anger toward a combatant.

We have the capacity to act out of wisdom, instead of purely out of our highly evolved (relatively speaking) intelligence; cognizant compassion, instead of instinct alone. I believe that failing to utilize that capacity effectively creates an imbalance between the two. Then things just snowball until one takes on greater importance than the other. That creates the schism between the two in which hate, and a seemingly rational justification for a total lack of empathy, both breed...conditions under which humanity has suffered for a period of time far longer than any one administration, or even any one form of government, have resided over.

Do I think Saddam was peachy kean? Of course not. I don't think Saddam should have ever achieved a position of power in the world. He did, and he comited atrocities. That can't be denied. That doesn't mean I have to agree agree with either the means by which he was removed, or with the notion that an adversary is somehow less than human, or less worthy of human compassion...atleast where I myself am concerned.

Thus, for myself, hearing of the demise of a human being's sanity is a sad thing, regardless of whatever else I think of them. (Not to say Saddam was every fully sane).

As always, I respect the views of those who disagree.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I say release him, reinstate hin as leader of Iraq. Obviously he was far more talented at controlling his country than the US ever will be. I feel sorry for the poor bloke.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 04:31 AM
link   
interesting... americans see or hear about iraqiis executing by beheading prisoners and crowds paying to watch the show and they call iraqii's barbarians... then they turn around and basically say they want to do the same thing they labelled iraqiis as barbarians for doing (ie: execute him with all the bells and whistles of a media circus). He's a bad man, but come on, if you're going to insult someone for something they do / did, don't turn around and do exactly the same thing, that just makes you out to be a hypocrite which in turn eventually leads to mistrust.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordGoofus
and they call iraqii's barbarians...

Exactely. How can you look down upon people who are killing when you yourself wish to see human life taken away as a form of punishment. Who has the right to choose who lives or dies? Nobody. Punishment, and keeping the public safe from those who are dangerous is different from slaughtering those who you are punishing for slaughtering in the first place! It's wrong.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by deaf fences hit
Well, regardless of how bad someone is, they are still human, in the end. I'm not saying he was a saint, I'm just saying that insane or sane, evil or good, human is human. Why do we hunger so savagely over seeing him die? Because we've lost loved ones? I'm sure any terrorist can relate to that too.

I wouldn't put too much faith on these polls, they normally just ask a small percentage of people and then through these polls they make you assume most Americans think this way....

I would not like to watch his execution, but i think his execution is in order after everything he did.

That first, second....

You want to see Bush on trial for what exactly?.......

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Sympathy for a mass murderer. wow...

I love the part about GW hanging on his wall. I wonder if its the same picture hanging on my wall. And fritting over his two sons. Capital punishment to a murderer compairs to beheading engineers, working in Iraq. Not even close. Don't worry girlfriends, your bleeding harts will keep him safe. Is'nt murdering thousands still considered insane. At least Hiltler had the balls to take himself out after his debacle. He's a freaken coward

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

You want to see Bush on trial for what exactly?.......

Crimes against humanity. Invading a sovereign nation. Lying to the American Public. Incompetence of command.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Perhaps Saddam is faking the signs of mental ilness so he will be able to plead insaity at his trial. Saddam would try just about anything to embarrass the USA or get out of Jail.
Its not as if Saddam will get a fair trial not that anybody cares

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
Perhaps Saddam is faking the signs of mental ilness so he will be able to plead insaity at his trial. Saddam would try just about anything to embarrass the USA or get out of Jail.

I can tell you right now, there is absolutely no way Saddam will get off on a technicality.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 05:17 AM
link   

It sounds like setting him free, would be the only fair thing to do. I mean he was a Dectator of a sovereign nation. And mass murdering your own people is your right as a dectator.

25,000 paid to suicide bomber families, was one of his great lotto games.
You always won

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I dont care much for Saddam personal I think that there should be a unfortunate accident in his cell.

It sounds like setting him free, would be the only fair thing to do. I mean he was a Dectator of a sovereign nation. And mass murdering your own people is your right as a dectator.
Mate I hope he rots in a jail cell for the rest of his life.
You have to admit that Saddam will face a show trial.
Is he even going to face a jury? I doubt it why bother what jury would find him anything but guilty.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 06:22 AM
link   

I dont care much for Saddam personal I think that there should be a unfortunate accident in his cell.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it terrorists who perpetuate murder, and the Free World who supports justice?

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it terrorists who perpetuate murder, and the Free World who supports justice?

That is true but Saddam wont get justice instead he will a long drawn out farce of a trial with a part of the hearings closed off to the media. It would save alot of time and money if Saddam died before his farce of a trial takes place.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu

It's true that the Free-World supports justice. That's why we're going to convict this guy on multible counts of crimes against humanity and then hang him.

I can't believe anyone would even come to the defense of this monster. Might as well put up pictures of Hitler in every school and and give him praise also. Jeez, what's wrong with people.

Certainly he's a human being. A human being that is not worthy of life. A decent person shoudn't never have a speck of sympathy for Saddam! I'm in total shock and bewilderment!

[edit on 14/10/04 by Intelearthling]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join