It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hallucinations of spiders when you're woken up suddenly? anyone experience this?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I was just google-ing about my weird problem assuming i will find none but to my surprise i found so many people just with the same problem. i remember seeing spiders when i was a child and i still see them sometime. now i also see elephants and dogs coming closer to my face

When i was a child i thought may be i have the powers of being a spider woman and hence i get such hints

and i still thought till today may be it has something to do with my previous birth until i get to see this and i am so glad i am not alone.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Have you considered you may be suffering from arachnophobia? I myself have this issue although I have a pet tarantula. For some reason black widows or any scary looking spiders scare me to death. It's a global phenomenon I believe. Terrible little creatures but they are part of the natural food chain. Scary though.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I have had sleep awakening hallucinations for a long time, but just recently started seeing spiders upon awakening. They are more like the "scribbles" that another poster described. They start near my head and go off toward a corner of the bedroom wall, running very fast with their long legs. I do have CFS and do not sleep well most nights. I truly thought it was real and went to get some tissues to kill it the first time I saw it, only to find it not there. I stared at it for what seemed like minutes, before I got up and it never moved once it got to that corner. The next morning, the same spiders, only I watched as it ran and seemed to slowly disappear into thin air. I find these so-called hallucinations very disturbing. I also see people, hear sounds, music and sometimes yelling, but the spiders were a first for me. I am glad to know I am not alone.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Ha! I was probably one of those on the med help site! The best I could ever come up with is it was the brain, in a stupor upon waking, trying to make sense of eye floaters. And maybe combined with mild sleep apnea. o_O I stopped worrying about it then...it just stopped.

But yeah, the first half dozen or so times it happened, I was in a bit of a panic.

The best thing to happen was for it to occur early in my marriage and my husband was awake next to me when I awoke in a panic, seeing the spider. He was able to reassure me there was nothing there...prior to that, I had always been alone when it happened so, it was more disconcerting.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
If I'm really extra tired ... when I wake up in the morning or in the middle of the night I'll be disorientated .. not knowing who I am, where I am, when I am .... but it'll focus in and be normal after 1/2 a minute or so. I can't say that I've ever seen spiders though .... that's really interesting.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I have had sleep paralysis once or twice in my life. I remember one particularly frightening experience. I dreamt I was driving down a dark road and there was a large black spider in the road blocking it with red glowing eyes. It startled me enough to wake me up, at which point I could not move at all. I dont know if I drifted back to sleep or what, at some point I was awake and could move again. It was very scary.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
hi i just joined up, Last night was strange i experienced the exact same thing i was lying in bed trying to get to sleep and saw what look like a small black spider i whacked it away then all of a sudden it grew huge and turned bright red and was crawling up my quilt and it also looked like my quilt was moving in sink with the movement with the legs of the spider i hit it away hoping the vision would go away and all it did was run off then turn back and crawled back towards me. it really freaked me out so slept on the sofa with the light on they only seemed to appear when my light is switched off. oh and im getting tested for narcolepsy hallucinations are common in narcoleptics when falling asleep.
edit on 27-4-2014 by geordiephilip because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-4-2014 by geordiephilip because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I've experienced this three times this year. The thing is, I never remember waking up. I also can never remember if I was dreaming before I woke up. So that leads me to believe that it happens when you wake up before you start dreaming. You know how when you're not dreaming, and you're just in this vast nothingness and have no sense of time or awareness? My theory is that maybe we're able to connect to their reality when we're in that state of mind, and when we wake up and are still half asleep, we're still somewhat connected to their relm and that's why we're able to see them. Of course, that's just a theory, so feel free to argue.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Hi Capillo, I relate to your experience and have also joined to share my story. I have nothing against spiders and they are not my point of interest. I don't think about them or dream about them. Also, I don't hallucinate.
Last night, I did I propose hallucinate, and woke up to spot a crawling spider. I jumped from the couch I feel asleep on to turn the lights on and look for the spider - black tarantula.
Where I live, people have tarantulas only as exotic insect in an aquarium, and it is also very rare.
The intensity of the experience made me try to look up what it may mean. I have read something but have not find a satisfying answer.
My only explanation to this is that I may be coming to know myself. Lately, I have been told by two people that I apparently have a strong intuition and that I should learn to use it for my own benefit. I took this up as an intriguing challenge and decided to find out about this intuition of mine. I think that making such a conscious decision caused my sense to open up... I am however concern about a possible negative meaning of hallucinating seeing a spider. I do not want such occurrences to enter my life and hope to find an answer to what may be happening.
Much love and light.
a reply to: Capillo

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
umm Hi fellas.
I see this post is old enough but I am really glad that I found it like in 2 minutes of searching.

I was surprised how many of us had almost the same feeling and experience.

I myself work kind of hard right now and I am feeling tired from time to time.
So one night I was sleeping like normally 2 months ago, and in the middle of the night I just opened my eyes and saw a really HUGE spider,it was like 50cm wide, I jumped out of my bed ,turned on the light ,took my bedsheets and started to beat my bed to get rid of it,then i came back to sense, i understood that it was not real and i went back to bed.
I thought damn that was one creepy thing to happen and a day or two days ago again i just opened my eyes in the middle of the night and i saw something black and weird again at the ceiling ,i was swinging my hands to avoid it falling on me,and it just faded little by little. I am not really afraid but i don't like weird things.

When i was teen ,i was sleeping and i woke up hearing little girls voice and saw someone crawling on my walls,i was in panic but i couldn't move.

I don't have any traumas , i have and i had normal life ,it is weird why is this happening.

But I am just shearing my story.

Regards,
Roland

p.s. sleep well my friends
edit on 13-7-2015 by Rolandas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Hi,
I've been waking up to a spider in my face ever so often or a large one running off my pillow 3 or 4 times in as many years. .
I'm quite surprised to find others with this kind of experience.
In fact, the first few times, after jumping up, turning on the light and looking all over for it-I believed it was a real spider.
I would spend some time the next day pulling the mattress back from the headboard and look for signs of some kind of large spider nest. Sometimes it was huge and other times light and spindly .
Very startling!
I realized the last time when it looped together with other spiders and formed a kind of tumble weed as it rolled over my snoring husband's head that this was not a spider problem easily fixed with a good cleaning.
I think it fits into a sleep deprivation category better for me as I am hoping against the "bad spirit" theory.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Hi,

This just happened to me a few minutes ago and now I can't sleep. It was scary as heck and I'm still trying to convince myself that it was a hallucination. I've looked all around and there are no traces of a gigantic red spider, so I guess my mind was playing tricks on me. I decided to look it up in Google and found this thread, so I might as well write my experience while it feels fresh. I don't think I'll be sleeping for a while.

I was dreaming that I was in a desert town and that my friend threw a bunch of small "poisonous scorpions" on me. I think he said something like "let's see what these do" and about ten of them landed on my left arm and started stinging me. I was panicking and trying to scrape them off while my friend was just laughing at me. I remember that my arm hurt a lot. Then, he threw some more scorpions on my face and neck and that's when I woke up with the hallucination. I remember thinking something along the lines of "Oh my God, scorpions are not really crawling on me, but something else definitely is." meaning that the dream was being caused by something crawling on my face in real life. I opened my eyes and saw (and felt) a huge red spider slowly crawling from my face to the wall. It was about the size of a human hand or maybe even bigger. I remember thinking it was so big that it might be some sort of crab. Its limbs were about the thickness of pencils and seemed somewhat "gelatinous" and translucent.

I immediately jumped out from my bed (like literally JUMPED) and ran for the light switch in a panic. As I turned the light on, I was having trouble seeing where the spider was going because my eyes were adjusting, but it still seemed like it was on the wall for a few more seconds. The whole thing was very frightening and confusing, so I'm now trying to rationalize it. I'm still not 100% sure that it didn't actually happen and that there isn't a yet undiscovered specimen of giant red spider somewhere in my room. I've looked everywhere and I doubt that something this big could conceal itself that well, but still...

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Just signed up to share my experience. First, it's NOT a hallucination, and I know that for a fact because I see such spiders almost every day (seriously) right after waking up, and they disappear after about 10 seconds. Most of the time it's black and crawling on the wall, but once it was red and smaller than usual and I tried to grab it and it faded away. Sometimes it's really big, like a foot wide. I never felt any fear while seeing them. It's like they exist just outside visible light, and if you had goggles calibrated to the right frequency, you could see them all the time.

edit on 15-4-2016 by unreal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
This happened to me and scared the hell out of me! The one I seen was the size of a large crab. I seen it a few times and it was always in the corner of the ceiling just like a real spider would be. I think they are real, I bought a load of incense and smoked the room out paying particular attention to the corners of the ceiling. Have not seen any since and don't want to either.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: miniatus

!!! Just came across your post because I had the same thing happen and had to Google it and see if anyone else had seen this thing!
I woke up SUPER early for no reason today, was stretching and looking around and saw a big black mass about a foot across and a foot below the ceiling hovering maybe six feet away or so. I was staring at it trying to figure out what it was but the light was a little dim and the outline on it wasn't super clear. It had legs or something like a spider but shorter and thicker, almost like a Halloween cardboard punch-out of a spider or something. It was getting just slightly closer or maybe bigger?, so I panicked and started to scramble out of bed backwards away from it and my heart was pounding so fast it still hurts in my chest. I don't think I've ever felt my heart race like that even after running a city block, or being in a motorcycle accident. I wondered if it was going to cause me to have a heart attack and nobody would ever know why it happened.

Then the dark thing shrank and faded out till it was gone. All in all it was there maybe 30 seconds or so, I rubbed my eyes, looked away, and it was still there.
I don't even know what to think but I don't buy that it was part of some leftover dream or something. I was fully awake and that thing was in here hanging out like a jerk.
My guy has seen unexplained stuff move around in the shadows in this room multiple times and he is the biggest critic- he thinks supernatural stuff is total bull. So that's equally disconcerting... Now I wonder if it was this dark thing or something unrelated.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Hello, I have just subscribed as never have done this before. Its 5:30 am and can't sleep due to my bugs in my room. I have the same story as the rest of you but one or two more things to add. I've only started to notice these things about two years ago. Upon waking, a shadow was moving up my wall, and just noticing it, I just followed it to the corner of my room and it went into the corner, shimmered a bit and then disappeared. I freaked. Shadows do not move and do not do what normal shadows do. Also that shadow had a fine string like curled things inside it that was a green colour. Not knowing what to do, I decided to pay more attention to my surroundings. I don't do drugs, don't have sleep issues that I know of and just can't figure out what's going on. I have now seen a few different types. Spiders, shrimp like ones, blobs with the colours of red and green also. They seem to come right up to my face and seem to sway around my eyes too. Not sure what they are doing but some research tells me that these things collect energy from us called Loosh. I have taken to using a spray bottle that has a fast squirting shot and have mixed different things in the bottles and have affected them somewhat. Blessed water does nothing. Salted water, may stop them as they don't like it. I've used lemon oils and tea tree and the best so far is Mr Clean and salt. I notice that they come from two locations in my room as a portal. They first appear as shadows and then come thru that way. As soon as the shadows come up, thats when I get them with the spray gun.So far I 'washed down one wall' and fell asleep, I woke up a few minutes later to see one big spider struggling to come thru but his legs were all mucked up..he was stuck. I nailed him some more, it turned around and went back up the portal. This is what I'm doing so far, until I can figure out what to do next. I think people, they are real. I've watched them go up to the portal and vibrate and then disappear many many times now. Always wondering how the hell they do that.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

It is oddly comforting and spooky at the same time to read all the similar accounts. Here's mine. I was sleeping like normal, I wake up to see a gigantic, we are talking 5 or 6 ft black spider above me, using the post of my bed to stand. I screamed and hid under the covers and then looked back up, woke up my husband and tried to come to grips with the feeling that I wasn't really asleep. The detail in which I remember the spider seems too real to be a dream, but who knows. It was not facing toward me, and it didn't move. It was gigantic, seriously the stuff of nightmares. I also had this feeling that it wasn't going to hurt me, (which was also weird) but I hate spiders so I was scared of it anyways.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: karen86

I read up on her. I also came across this:
www.trueghosttales.com...

And this when I googled "loosh spider":

howtoexitthematrix.com...

LoLz!

edit on 10/25/2017 by kosmicjack because: Stupid autocorrect

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Yes, like a ball of scribble that crawls until it fades out. I close my eyes and open them and it's back again, in both eyes. I just went to the optometrist because I thought it had to be my eyes. It's not...

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Just discovered this forum while searching for this. I used to have the spider hallucinations happen to me when I was a teen, and now they have started again.

Doctor originally said it was from too much coffee, but I drank tons while this didn't happen. Feeling pretty stressed recently so maybe that's it?

<< 1    3 >>

join