It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is a dictatorship like democracy? End scene from the dictator

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Ok here goes I watched this movie today usual sacha baron cohen movie takes the mickey out of everyone, but this final speech almost had me left with my mouth wide open as to think how has he gotten away with this. Now we know things already work the way he is saying but for it to make it to a movie especially by this guy makes you wonder if anyone else has looked at this.

Some of what he speaks of has been said by the likes of Ron Paul and Alex Jones and many others, so has anyone seen this movie or scene before? There is more to the rest of it like when the first elections are held and what happens is so true. So what are your thoughts on this?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by vkturbo

I saw the film roughly 2 weeks ago, and yes, the ending speech does lift the veneer off of our "democracy," which is more like a corporate fascist oligarchy. If this speach helps some people "wake up," so to speak, then great. I feel that most people, however, will probably pass it off as comedy and go on thinking we're this great, honorable nation.

The most democratic governing system was likely that of ancient Athens. We are nothing like that, though even in Athens the power resided mostly in the hands of the rich.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Ha!

Aint it the truth.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
another fun thing in the movie is the similarities to other dictators... its been a while since i watched it, but he had female guards, gadaffi had that too, hes the leader of the richest country in africa, gadaffi was that too. Was some other fun things i noticed during the movie, but cant really recall them atm.
edit on 3-9-2012 by Johnkie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
What we have now is Plutocracy:

(from Ancient Greek πλοῦτος, ploutos, meaning "wealth", and κράτος, kratos, meaning "power, dominion, rule"), also known as plutarchy, is rule by the wealthy, or power provided by wealth.

Which in tern is ran by Plutocrats who dictate which way out country is going to benefit the corporate elite. The people who govern us do not do it in the interest of the common person.

top topics

join