It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Barbarosa"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Im writing a movie a bout a young man in the german army. would this be a good subject? like will audiencs want to see it? im writing it because i think we need a look from the other side of the war. lemme know what you think. i would give more details for it but im paranoid that someone might take my idea. barbarosa isnt even the name im using

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Hmm...add some freak accident that he causes, liek accidentally setting off a machine gun into some oil drums, and some Hitler jokes, and itd be gold.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
In the end he should be in Berlin. The Germans surrender and he is shiped to a POW camp in Siberia. Then at the very end hes looking out through the chainlink fence that confines him with a tear in his eye while snow is gently falling and with the Passion theme in the backround. I should write this movie!

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
To be honest, No. I don't think it would go over well, and I'll tell you why. Unless this is to be shown in Germany, a U.S. audience would 1.) Be angry because I'm sure at some point the German soldier/army would kick some U.S. butt, and 2.) I don't think they/I would be able to relate to the character. They would have to look at the war through the German soldiers eyes (U.S. Allies = Bad, Nazi's Axis = Good). Or I could be wrong. By all means, write it and see how it turns out because like I said, I could very well be wrong.

[Edited on 8-11-2004 by BangorangRufio]

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Yes I think it would, I would love to see a movie such as this. I and alot of people I know are war buffs and love war movies. While alot are good none are from the persepctive of the Axsis and I would want to see one such as this.

Personally I think you should focus one two German friends int he army, one who is devoted to Hitler and the Nazis and one who slowly sees how bad Hitler really is.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
A story about a German viewpoint is a harder sell than the Allied perspective. Perhaps if Spielberg made it you wouldn't have a problem. A good story is mostly about the plot, the characters, and the conflict and resolution between the protagonist(s)/antagonist(s). What is it about your character that will make an American audience relate to him and want to see him overcome obstacles and bring the story to an ending that makes you feel decent about spending $10 on a movie ticket? I suggest you read up on screenplay writing and the mechanics of how it normally works. As an action movie I think you would be hard pressed to make it work as history shows the Germans lost. You could write it as fiction if they had won - that would be a twist. Otherwise maybe you should think up a good moral problem that the reader/viewer could relate to. Think about 'Saving Private Ryan'. This movie was set during the war but is more about whether one guys life is worth many versus the few fighting to save the many.

Here is a link to the Writers Guild of America's mentoring FAQ page with many answers to how to write a working screenplay:

WGA mentor program FAQ's.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
thanks for your imput guys

i want to see something differnt when it comes to war movies. i think i could do it. ive already started writing so if you take my idea thats copywrite infringement!

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
KrazyIvan, I know you were joking on that last one, but you didn't give us enough information for us to copy your work. By the way, your writing may be copyrighted, but ideas cannot be and therefore I am going to write a movie about a German soldier as well since you gave me the idea.......just kidding.

Good luck on your work.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
Yes I think it would, I would love to see a movie such as this. I and alot of people I know are war buffs and love war movies. While alot are good none are from the persepctive of the Axsis and I would want to see one such as this.

Personally I think you should focus one two German friends int he army, one who is devoted to Hitler and the Nazis and one who slowly sees how bad Hitler really is.

well the thing is one of my characters is in the Heer, which was the regular army. you werent allowed to have any political affilication in the heer. and another will be in the Waffen SS (the army branch of the SS) which were tha die hard nazis. ill have other characters in there too.

but the main character joins to protect his country from the eventaul onslaught of the allies (espically the soviets) and other characters join fro various reasons

my plan is to have the characters in seperate branches and units, some in the same.

i also might right a part in there for my reenacting buddies if it ever gets made.

new topics

top topics

join