It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Ryan Exposes Elite Agenda, "Shut Up" Says Banker

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Hedge Fund manager John Taylor would like Paul Ryan to shut up about his cuts because this type of stuff should only be talked about "behind closed doors." The peons can't know what the elite want to do to screw them over.

So now you know the elite agenda, privatize medicare, screw over the poor and retired butttttttt make sure you do it behind closed doors.
edit on 1/9/12 by masqua because: Title edit

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Alright ring wingers, if you don't flag this thread you are doing yourself a disservice. This is bigger than left-right wing politics......

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
The hedge fund guy just wants paul ryan to be creepier like all the other slug politicians, but still not a reason to vote for him. Ryan is running for VP need I remind you, not president, so paul ryan's opinion doesn't even matter. The establishment desperately wants people to fall in love with Wrong Paul, it's not going to happen. Quit while you are ahead, with your stolen elections and bought off media outlets, you may win the presidency, but never the hearts and minds, because people who blindly support the republicans have neithet heart (principles) nor mind (thinking skills) to win over in the first place.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
So Paul Ryan did a good thing and not only NBC but RealSpoke is reporting this?
Did hell freeze over or did I misread all this?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I'll go ahead and flag it because I think you're smart. But, I won't comment here.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Alright ring wingers, if you don't flag this thread you are doing yourself a disservice. This is bigger than left-right wing politics......

Independant here. Independent thinker and voter. I dont let political parties affect my decision.

So, we should applaud Paul Ryan?? (or any of the candidates for that matter!!) These are the folks who are sinking this country and led us to the edge of the cliff. Paul Ryan, a guy who got where he is today by taking govt handouts now says those very programs he benifitted from should be dismantled. Of course e's toned down that rhetoric now that he's on the GOP ticket...

Why should we endorse him or Romney or obama?? None of themare talking about getting rid of DHS or the Patriot Act. That would be something to affect my choice. Right now I see little hope that either will make the important changes.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I remain confused by the point of this thread or by how you arrived at the conclusion that Ryan 'exposed' a hidden elitist agenda by discussing his Medicare plan?

In my opinion, this thread is a muddled mess of sophomoric logic and assertions...

A single hedge fund manager makes the point that discussions on changing Medicare loses elections and advocates that such changes requires secrecy to make it happen, and you convert that into elitist agenda (and by way of implication, presumably, a right-wing one)?

Is your objection the 'secrecy' component??? Because if it is, I certainly hope your interest in John Taylor's perspective pales in comparison to your actual interest in the atrocious 'secrecy' record of Obama and his administration- one that even makes Bush look good in this regard.

Where are your threads on that?

Probing Obama’s secrecy games

Mr. Obama campaigned for the presidency in 2008 by denouncing his predecessor’s secret prisons and brutal interrogations, which were public knowledge only because of leaks of classified information to the news media. He began his term by pledging the most transparent administration in history.

In office, however, he has outdone all previous presidents in mounting criminal prosecutions over such leaks, overseeing six such cases to date, compared with three under all previous administrations combined.

or

Obama reneges on secrecy pledge

There were no cameras around to record whether President Obama was winking when, on his first full day in office, he signed an executive order and two presidential memorandums declaring that “every agency and department should know that this administration stands on the side not of those who seek to withhold information, but those who seek to make it known.”

But surely he must have been. No White House in my lifetime — not even that of the infamously secretive Richard Nixon — has been more of an attack dog when it comes to preserving governmental secrecy.

or...

President Obama's muddy transparency record

But three years into his presidency, critics say Obama’s administration has failed to deliver the refreshing blast of transparency that the president promised.

“Obama is the sixth administration that’s been in office since I’ve been doing Freedom of Information Act work. … It’s kind of shocking to me to say this, but of the six, this administration is the worst on FOIA issues. The worst. There’s just no question about it,” said Katherine Meyer, a Washington lawyer who’s been filing FOIA cases since 1978. “This administration is raising one barrier after another. … It’s gotten to the point where I’m stunned — I’m really stunned.”

The examples could go on and on....

So what exactly was your point again?

That Ryan would govern more openly?

edit on 1-9-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Paul Ryan is a part of the elite's agenda.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The point that I am taking is that this hedge fund manager has shown us how things get done in DC in a "matter-of-fact" kind of way.

He is saying that if Ryan wants to change Medicare he should do it behind closed doors out of view of the public, do it at a time when the backlash will not effect and election and do not make it a central theme of the campaign.

That's what I get from this.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I agree with loam. I do not understand what your issue is with open debate concerning Medicare. The whole PPACA was shoved right down the gullets of all the US and you did not post anything about that, correct? Nancy Pelosi stood right up in front of MSM and stated, "We need to pass it (PPACA) so we will know what is in it." How in the world can that not be construed as secretive?

Both sides have been RAIDING the cookie jar since they opened up SS and FICA taxes to mix with the general fund. Currently, we have 3 million people a year joining the rolls to start collecting, as the 1947 - 1964 demographic begins demanding their fair share...with no money left in the cookie jar.

Sorry, NO STAR and NO FLAG! As a matter of fact, I recommend this thread be moved SKUNK WORKS!

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by totallackey

Don't even get me started on Congress!

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

..No Paul Ryan is not doing a good thing. He is doing a bad thing, but they want him to stop doing it so openly. They want the sneak attack to remain sneaky you see.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by FlyersFan

..No Paul Ryan is not doing a good thing. He is doing a bad thing, but they want him to stop doing it so openly. They want the sneak attack to remain sneaky you see.

This PEOPLE ^^^^^

HELLO.

I thought it would be extremely easy to figure this out.
edit on 1-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I really can't believe no one didn't get it. I guess it's how much brainwashed you guys are that privatizing medicare is a good thing?

Ryans medicare plan is the elitist

agenda....
god

edit on 1-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The whole thing is staged to make you think Paul Ryan is a good guy. But then there is his pathetic track record like all the rest of the lying scum politicians... But the sheep only eat what they are fed...

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

(alot of the "conservatives" on this site are... kinda dumb)

Privatizing medicare is a bad thing in our current system. In a perfect America it wouldn't be. If we had a total free markey where there weren't giant monopolies then competition would drive prices down, but we don't have that. So until something is fixed my libertarian ideals can't help here. In a legit capatilist free market society this wouldn't be as bad as it would be now. Now we don't have actual capitalism, we have corporatism and monopolies. So it sucks and we can't let it be privatised until many other things fix first.

See people like Paul Ryan are trying this "top down libertarianism" which would actually completely DESTROY people. If you break the system from the bottom then by the time you start working on things like medicare you people have a whole free market full of options, but if you start privatizing and making free market from the top where the monopolies are the tallest buildings (only option people have/things people rely on) you ruin people.
edit on 1-9-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

It doesn't in anyway leave you thinking he's a good guy, you guys need to consider past the headline.
But yeah, he is scum.
edit on 1-9-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

The Federal Reserve Bank steals the most money from the people, yet they stay under the radar.

Mean while people fight over which type for tyranny we should have, right or left.

I'm going to be sick.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndieA

The Federal Reserve Bank steals the most money from the people, yet they stay under the radar.

Mean while people fight over which type for tyranny we should have, right or left.

I'm going to be sick.

Time to clean house, both houses and the white house and start over.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
The hedge fund guy just wants paul ryan to be creepier like all the other slug politicians, but still not a reason to vote for him. Ryan is running for VP need I remind you, not president, so paul ryan's opinion doesn't even matter. The establishment desperately wants people to fall in love with Wrong Paul, it's not going to happen. Quit while you are ahead, with your stolen elections and bought off media outlets, you may win the presidency, but never the hearts and minds, because people who blindly support the republicans have neithet heart (principles) nor mind (thinking skills) to win over in the first place.

LOL
Since when does the VP's opinion not matter? It mattered a whole hell of a lot when LBJ escalated Vietnam...didn't it?

If the VP's opinion doesn't matter...then why did the Romney administration take so much time vetting him? What do Paul Ryan's opinions say about Romney?

Paul Ryan is a FASCIST...and we need to be very, very concerned about his opinions lest we run the risk of this assclown actually continuing a career in politics of any kind.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join