It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

something happened while i was at the store!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
well as the title tells,i was standing in line waiting to check out.
the gentleman in front of me,an older chap-perhaps 65-70,was donning an obvious gold masonic ring!
i proclaimed to him whilst i was waiting,'mason!'.
well, he got really uncomfortable ,fumbled with his purchase and quickly left,all the time looking over his shoulder at me!
the guy didn't even get his change from the clerk! he just left!
the clerk asked me what i said to him, and i told her 'mason',to which she looked at me in all of her 16 years of bewilderment. she didn't know the word.
anyway,i paid for my food and went home.
it was just an odd occurrence. why would the guy get so creeped out?
i seen his ring,and just said 'mason' maybe to make some small talk.
but he acted as though like 'there on to us!!'
i dont know,just a thought!

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Maybe his name was Mason and you blew his mind.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
perhaps he was aware of the general public's ridiculous misconception's about 'mason's', and then having some stranger out of the blue 'out' him at the local store, might have made him feel uncomfortable.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
To be honest, I think there are far worse secret societies/groups/cults out there, than the Freemasons...

Just my two pence.

P.S. - Stop harassing old people.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
You might as well yelled: Jew, 'n-word', Spic, Commie, Honky, Homo, or whatever else you could think of.
Is that how you act towards everyone?

Im sure this post will be removed by the Mods, but in response to your OP, I think it is right on!

Think before you go all crazy like that.

edit on 31-8-2012 by tvtexan because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Aug 31 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
The gentleman could have been alittle hard of hearing an thought you said May I See It, and didn't hear the word Mason. That could be why he looked at you alittle funny and left in a hurry and forgot to get his change on top of that.
edit on 31-8-2012 by Elizabeth1 because: had to change the last sentance had my wording backwards.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
How did you say it?Did you yell it at her?That probably could have startled her..
Also what was the symbol on the ring?
Maybe wasn't even Masonic and she just thought you were crazy

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
"I've got one here that can see..."

edit on 8/31/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Depending on how you said it, you might have appeared like this to him.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
How much of a tip did he leave?

That's funny...

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Hey Hey Hey!!!!
i did not yell 'MASON' and start pointing at him and making a scene!!!!!!!!!!!!

we looked at each other and exchanged a friendly smile. i noticed his ring,and said mason. more like confirming the ring. like a question. i have a lot of books on the free mason (and no, not the conspiracy ones!) and i'm legitimately curious. he's the one that acted strange! kinda like 'hes on to us!'
and i wasn't bugging old people!!!
(that reply was funny!)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
He may just be like me and is antisocial. There is nothing weird about it. I can not stand talking to people in public that I don't know about "stuff". The regular "Excuse me", Have a good day", Thank you", etc. are all fine....but the "Let's have a personal conversation together while we are waiting" thing gets me. I hate it. Really. Even as a kid I was always antisocial. I hated crowds, big parties, etc.

My daughter was not born with such. She has never met a stranger and she would talk to everybody...thus pulling me into it...every time we went somewhere until she was old enough to stop it.

There are lots of folks like me. I would have answered you. I would have been polite as I am not scared of people, but this man might be so antisocial in public places that his natural inclination was to leave before you started trying to "bond" with him.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Maybe he had to go pee REALLY BAD and was horrified by the idea of being trapped in line doing the peepee dance as he tried to politely respond to you. Sometimes seconds count!

join