It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Re-Introduction by [b]StUdio[/b]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
with as little ripples in the pond as possible i am changing my Avatar

the image

the actual 'thing' is around 4 inches tall, appears to be a Fungi structure...
and it only lasted 24 hours maximum until it basically dissolved into a blob on the garden floor

i was amazed to see this living 'structure' appear from the ground...
i think the usual thing is for a mushroom/fungi to have a single stem with a canopy or umbrella top piece...
but this structure is nothing of the sort...it looks more like a enclosure for a goddess statue or something

this weird thing sort of looks like a downsized stonehenge kind of thing don't it?

it had 4 vertical legs/pillars/columns attached to an encircling, open center 'bond-bead' kind of top,
so that the thing looked like a natural Structure instead of the natural 5 sided fractals that are a fundamental form found in all of nature.... from leaves to snowflakes to anatomy etc

So, i am going to use that image as an Avatar... which goes well with my 'Lawn Art' mood

in any event... can any ATS member inform us what this Orange colored, 4 sided structure (of mold-fungi?) IS,
and what's it doing here in my myrtle beach lawnscape

some background info... here in SC we have mysterious formations in the Earth that are called Carolina Bays... some think hese oblong 'bays' are meteor impacts, other folklore tells us that the 'Bays' were produced by pieces of Mars hitting the Earth because the very odd plant called the Venus Fly Trap are indigenous to the Carolina Bays--- along with other meat eating plants like the Pitcher Plant which traps bugs into it's pool of nectar

i wonder if the odd structure thing is connected to these 'Bays' & the other weird plant life in this area

edit on 31-8-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-8-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I think that your new avatar picture is of Clathrus Columnatus.

www.mushroomexpert.com...
edit on 31-8-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Nature can be so beautiful and interesting, I have an extensive garden that I cherish very much, I love roses so with that said you can imagine all the beauty, I also love to look around for interesting things that pops here and there amid my roses, my daughter studied biology and specially fungi, she is no fun when I find something out of the ordinary for me and tells me what kind of fungus it is.

I also have one that comes in the morning white and by the mid afternoon turns black, well no beauty of that one.

But i have one particular one that comes out in beauty to die later in the day.

Thanks for the pictures and the introduction is truly amazing

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Weird mushroom.

Welcome here!

Let me welcome you the french way, with wine and cheese.

I know I am using Destinyone's way of greeting, but I believe she/he has come short of pictures of cakes.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Yup, I agree. What you've got there is your basic stinkhorn. They get icky and smelly and attract flies. I'd stick with the wine and cheese and forgo this particular fungi when it came time to nosh.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS. Interesting fungi. Not sure about the whole planets connection, although it makes for interesting folklore. More likely is that your soil is lacking in certain nutrients.

top topics

join