It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party is the American Taliban -The Newsroom

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
For a fictional show (based on actual events), this is the truest news story you have ever seen. I actually agree with everything in this video. The Tea Party is the biggest threat to America since the Business Plot.

Voter ID laws make sense to me, but the motivation behind them is extremely clear.

An analysis of state data related to Pennsylvania's new voter ID law suggests that minority voters in Philadelphia will have a tougher time than white voters in getting the credentials to vote in November.

The study found that voters in the city's most heavily African American voting divisions are 85 percent more likely to lack PennDot credentials than voters in predominantly white divisions.

And voters in heavily Hispanic neighborhoods are more than twice as likely to lack PennDot ID, the study showed. Manik-Perlman said there was a similar pattern in heavily Asian neighborhoods.

articles.philly.com...

Hmmm.....

Evangelist Tea Party fav.....

[size=4.5] The state should issues a FREE voter ID to all registered voters, if not you are forcing people to PAY to vote..which is extremely UN-amercian.

Tea Party terrorists threatening to blow up the abortion doctors and politicians that support it

Tea Party bankrolled by their Facist masters the KOCHS

Tea Party engaging in Fascism, yet claim to be small government and free market. Members also voted for CISPA and the NDAA.

Terrorists cheering the death penalty, they love their own version of Sharia law

edit on 30-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Easily one of the best shows on tv, it's a shame the first season is over. The world could use a few guys like Will McAvoy.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Thank you RealSpoke.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

While it doesn’t surprise me at all that is show would appeal to a certain segment of the population it is further unsurprising that you enjoy it.

Personally, if I want to watch the liberal media take the news and spin it to fit thier worldview I can do that every day on any one of multiple news stations. What this show adds is the drama behind the scenes about how selfless, heroic and astute the individuals behind the news are as they twist the news using thier personal bias for the good of the rest of us who are too stupid to know what to think. They feel its their role to tell us.

I find it much like auto-erotica for liberals they can watch the “news” as they believe it should be while living vicariously through the actors in various roles as they constantly give each other reach arounds and back slaps for manipulating the public to think as they feel they should.

I found it to be nauseating.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Partisan stupidity. :shk: Secular laws in this country keep the far-right christians, who have kidnapped the Tea Party, under control. They aren't blowing things up or shooting thousands of people. The Tea Party call for fiscal responsibility isn't even close to the call for Sharia Law that the Taliban wants. Dumb.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Partisan stupidity. :shk: Secular laws in this country keep the far-right christians, who have kidnapped the Tea Party, under control. They aren't blowing things up or shooting thousands of people. The Tea Party call for fiscal responsibility isn't even close to the call for Sharia Law that the Taliban wants. Dumb.
I'm guessing you didn't watch the segment in question.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I effin loved that episode. Great thread-way to tie it in with real life.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Great video!

It almost ties in exactly with the way I feel....and I have been called a RINO.

S and F!

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Republicans who justify this are scumbags to the extreme.

An advantages solution to a non existant problem.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I'm not going to try and defend the tea party cause i don't support them but how can you say that they are equal to the taliban when they have taken no lives?
How can you question voter id when you support it?
I really see how these divisions are tearing our country apart.
Will mcavoy is a fictional character created to invoke a certain train of thought.

What do you make of the polls that are showing 0% of support from African american voters for rommney.
Do you find that a bit one sided and raciest?
All i see is that tptb are creating a crapstorm in our country.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Republians and conservatives suck. They're all racist. They hate freedom. They hate people. They suck. They should all die.

They.
Want.
To.
Kill.
Everyone.

*yawn*

I'd defend the Tea Party but really, people. What's the point? It's not like I'm going to change minds.

Let the hate-fest ensue!

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I love that show and agree with what it said however, the Tea Party he is talking about is not the Tea Party as it was when it started.

The real Tea Party was great until the day I heard Sean Hannity pumping it up on his show and knew then it was doomed to be morphed into a Republican weapon that I don't agree with anymore.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I love the newsroom but they neglected to say that you don't need a drivers license or a car to get a valid ID.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
WHY THE HELL DOES IT HAVE TO BE A SEPARATE ID CARD AND WHY THE HELL CAN'T IT BE THE DRIVER'S LICENSE?

Seriously, I'm so sick of this we need a separate ID card for everything we do crap.

It'd be a whole lot easier to just use the driver's license as the ID. Then this issue of payment wouldn't be an issue.

But then again, this Voter ID Card is starting to smell like a revenue scam for the government to raise new revenue.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

From what i understand it is not a separate id but any valid photo id would work.
You have to have an id to do most business so why not prove who you are to cast a vote?

One of the big talking points on this is that voter fraud is not a problem.
Common sense should tell everyone that we would not know if voter fraud is happening if no one is required to show a valid state id when voting.
I could go out casting vote after vote just by saying i am someone else just by providing a name.

edit on 30-8-2012 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

This site shows current voter id laws
www.ncsl.org...

edit on 30-8-2012 by deadeyedick because: links

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

We're talking about the Tea Party...thanks, stop trying to de-rail. Counter the information in my OP, you can't..because it's straight from their mouths. You're in some sort of denial to what your party is made up of...

edit on 30-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

WHY THE HELL DOES IT HAVE TO BE A SEPARATE ID CARD AND WHY THE HELL CAN'T IT BE THE DRIVER'S LICENSE?

Because that is forcing people to pay in order to vote.

But then again, this Voter ID Card is starting to smell like a revenue scam for the government to raise new revenue.

It's a scam to disenfranchise poor voters that are mostly democrat.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
.....They hate freedom.....

Well, social conservatives tend to hate freedoms if those freedoms counter their religious beliefs. Things like gambling, alcohol sales on Sunday, gay civil unions, abortion, and so forth.

Many don't know that in Anson, Texas it was illegal to have public dances until 1987 due to dancing being a sin.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

I noticed you didn't even attempt to dispute any of the facts in the video.

Yes...it is a fictional show...but they use real world events, quotes, and video clips.

You go ahead and go throw up...I would too if I was just punched in the gut like that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join