It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VOTE: Democratic Voter Registration Forms Trashed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
KLAS TV in Las Vegas ran a story claiming that the Las Vegas offices of America Votes, a large voter registration company, have been throwing away Democratic voter registration forms.

www.klas-tv.com
Employees of a private voter registration company allege that hundreds, perhaps thousands of voters who may think they are registered will be rudely surprised on election day. The company claims hundreds of registration forms were thrown in the trash.

Anyone who has recently registered or re-registered to vote outside a mall or grocery store or even government building may be affected.

The I-Team has obtained information about an alleged widespread pattern of potential registration fraud aimed at Democrats. The focus of the story is a private registration company called Voters Outreach of America, AKA America Votes.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is a bald-faced defamation of everything this country stands for.
The concept that either side of the fence would sacrifice the virtues or our system of governance in order to get "an edge" on the competition is horrific and criminal.
I hope that this is simply the result of a group of disgruntled employees, but if it isn"t someone must be held accountable.

[edit on 13-10-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
A PRIVATE voter registration company!?!?!? What the.....? Everyone should vote, but I do not think that companies should be created for the expressed purpose of getting voter registration. Couldn't I just go fill out multiple copies with different addresses so that my friend, who works for a company, would get credit.

There has to be a better way to do this.

There are too many organizations out there doubling and tripling up on voter registrations, and I think we're looking at massive voter fraud this time. I don't see why we can't just get rid of these guys and add a central voting registrating Bureau for each state. My state has a "Motor Voter" program in place that should catch just about everyone that honestly will vote(If you sign up when you get your driver's liscense, you are most likely one who will consider voting). As a back up, you get an online form (also, we have this in my state).

Of course, I changed my address this year, and filled out a form...But, I sent it a month and a half ago, and haven't got my card. My fear is that I am a Republican in a Democrat County, and they conveniently lost it...

My only hope is that people unwilling to go and actively register aren't going to get off their butt to vote when the day comes.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
This is just sick.

Some Republicans are lower than *ss wipe.

Pay attention people, these are the same people who try to claim the moral high ground. That also ridiculously claim to be fiscally responsible.

If it were up to me I would take these people out and cap them.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by soulforge
A PRIVATE voter registration company!?!?!? What the.....?

There's really no such thing as a "private" anything anymore.

Now Circulating it's way to the news:

October 13, 2004
Hon. Ed Gillespie
Chairman
Republican National Committee
312 First Street, S.E.
Washington, D.C. 20003

Dear Ed:

In recent weeks, all over the country, the Republican Party has been engaged in systematic efforts to disenfranchise voters--to impose unlawful i.d. requirements in New Mexico, to throw eligible voters off the rolls in Clark County Nevada and to deprive voters of their rights to vote a provisional ballot in Ohio, among other examples.

And the Republicans' excuse for these efforts? It's always about protecting the process from "voter fraud." In fact the AP reported on September 19th that President Bush expressed to Nevada Governor Kenny Guinn and Attorney General Brian Sandoval he was concerned about voter fraud in Clark County.

But just last night, the American people have learned that it is actually the Republicans who are engaging in voter fraud in Nevada, Oregon and potentially other states as well and in fact you are paying for it.

Press reports in Nevada disclosed that a Republican organization, "Voters Outreach for America" has been ripping up Democratic voter registration forms in that state. According to those same reports, on KLAS-TV, Channel 8, that group has been "largely, if not entirely, funded by the Republican National Committee." Indeed, a classified ad recruiting paid workers for "Voters Outreach" in Nevada carried the disclaimer, "Paid for by the RNC."

The Washoe County (Reno) Nevada voter registrar (who was identified as a Republican by Channel 8 News) has asked the FBI to investigate complaints of out of state groups submitting fraudulent voter registration forms and refusing to register anyone but Republicans.

And it is reported that this group has now moved its operations to Oregon, where the Secretary of State and Attorney General are already investigating allegations that a paid Republican canvasser was ordered to destroy forms turned in by Democrats.

In Oregon, "Voters Outreach", also known as "America Votes," has been linked to Sproul & Associates, a firm that has been paid some half a million dollars by the RNC.

Ed, there are only 20 days left to the election. Early vote starts in Nevada and Oregon over this weekend. We are deeply concerned these reports of Republican National Committee funded felonious activities in these states could serve to discourage all voters from voting because of concerns of problems with their ballot. Regardless of party or candidate, it is the civic and moral duty of both parties to encourage complete and full participation in the democratic process.

In the name of democracy, it is essential that you and the Republican National Committee proactively come forward to address this issue, especially since President Bush will be traveling to both of these states immediately following the debate. You can either let this burgeoning Republican scandal fester, or you can come clean with the American people by:

Giving the Election Officials in Nevada and Oregon, the press and the public answers to these questions immediately:

Why is the Republican National Committee funding an organization that is ripping up voter registration forms of Democrats?

Who's behind "Voters Outreach for America" and what is their link to Sproul & Associates?

How much has the RNC paid for "Voters Outreach" and similar groups to engage in voter registration?

Exactly what were these groups instructed to do about voters they registered who freely chose to register as Democrats?

Disclosing to Election officials, attorneys in Nevada and Oregon and press immediately, all documents, correspondence and invoices between the RNC and "Voters Outreach," Sproul and all other groups employed by the RNC to register voters;

Refusing to pay Sproul and any other groups engaged in GOP "registration activities" until all questions can be answered and information disclosed.

Voluntarily agreeing to make knowledgeable RNC officials available for depositions in the litigation being brought by the Democratic Party of Nevada seeking a remedy for the victims of Republican voter registration fraud in that state and any other state or party seeking relief based on RNC funded efforts.

Ed, please let me know right away whether you will agree to these steps which are essential to address the deep fears and concerns voters now have about Republican voter fraud.

Sincerely yours,

Terence R. McAuliffe
Chairman

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I was going to post this and thought, not another voter fraud thread!

How sad for me that voter fraud has become so common place, that I don't get angry anymore, and just shrugged my shoulders and sigh.

Thanks for reminding me that I should stay angry.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
You are all acting as if Democrats don't do this...

You will always find corrupt people in all walks of life and all political parties....

Let me emphasize my point by presenting evidence of Democratic and liberal fraud.

1,000 cases of suspicious voter registrations
Lake, Summit officials intend to investigate

Lake election and law enforcement officials said their investigation is centered on absentee registration attempts by the nonpartisan NAACP's National Voter Fund and an anti-Bush, nonprofit group called Americans Coming Together, or ACT Ohio.

Excerpted from.
www.cleveland.com.../base/summit/1096018375266600.xml

And

State investigates Metro voter fraud
By Craig Boerner, [email protected]
September 28, 2004

About 200 "citizens" who don't exist registered to vote in Davidson County for the Nov. 2 presidential election and now the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation is investigating the person who submitted those forms on behalf of Tennessee Citizen Action (TCA).

Excerpted from.
www.nashvillecitypaper.com...

For those who do not know the TCA is a state affiliate of US Action an association that above all says is "fighting the right wing agenda."

And

The Associated Press
FLORENCE, S.C. -- A Florence man has been arrested on charges of using names and personal information of people, including the mayor of Florence, on more than 1,000 voter registration forms and turning them in to the county voter registration office.

Terence Hines, 44, was taken into custody Wednesday on charges of forgery and multiple counts of fraudulent registration or voting, prosecutor Ed Clements III said.

The State Law Enforcement Division began investigating soon after Hines turned in more than 1,500 completed forms to the Florence County Voter Registration Office last Thursday.
According to the arrest affidavit provided by SLED, Hines was employed by the South Carolina Progressive Network.

The Progressive Network's Web site describes the organization as a broad-based coalition of advocacy groups and individual activists from across the state who have joined forces to promote social and economic change in South Carolina.

Excerpted from.
www.heraldtribune.com.../20041007/APN/410070772

And

9News has discovered a record number of fraudulent voter-registrations across the state. Secretary of State Donetta Davidson tells 9News she is concerned about what the I-Team has uncovered and wants those responsible prosecuted. "It has just gone rampant," she told reporter Deborah Sherman in an interview Monday afternoon.

Some of the registration drive workers earn $2 per application or about $10 an hour. One woman admitted to forging three people's names on about 40 voter registration applications. Kym Cason says she was helping her boyfriend earn more money from a get-out-the-vote organization called ACORN or Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now. ACORN works with low or moderate-income families on housing issues. Cason said her extra registrations earned her boyfriend $50.

Gerald Obi says workers pressured him to keep registering to vote so they too could earn extra cash. When asked how many times he had registered this year, Obi said, "about 35 times."

ACORN's state director said they are victims of the fraud as well and told 9News the group is cooperating with local investigators. Ross Fitzgerald says the group has fired workers for the fraud. "Our goal is to register as many people as we can," said Fitzgerald. "If they're fraudulent, that hurts our numbers."

Excerpted from.
www.9news.com...

But of course...."some" democrats and "some" liberals seem to want to yell to the world that only Republicans make vote fraud....

Now, I am not going to say that there are no Republicans that commit these frauds, because you can find rotten apples in every tree...

BTW, why is it that most of the places that recieve intimidation and are vandalized are Republican buildings?..... I though liberals and democrats were all peaceful and good people....

---edited to correct some spelling mistakes---

[edit on 13-10-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Dudes,
If more Democratic applications are being trashed than Republican ones... it DOES NOT mean the GOP is running a conspiracy. The fact of the matter is that Democrats are being caught left and right in voter registration frauds. Already we've seen situations where tens of thousands of Democrats were registered in multiple states (I had a thread on ATS that linked to a story about this)... and it's becomming clear that some Democrats are registering up to 30 times in certain states.

Yes, Republicans are breaking the law, too, but most news reports have pointed out that the overwhelming number of frauds have been purpetrated by Democrats.

Just to make an anecdotal argument: As a public employee, I can't tell you how many times I saw people run of with BATCHES of applications from our public offices the other day. people were not just coming in for one or two applications... they were grabbing up to 30 applications at a time.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
So, no replies from the Liberals and democrats that were yelling...."Republicans are committing fraud".....?

Humm.....

[edit on 13-10-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Is it possible that we are seeing a situation where it is becoming TOO EASY to vote?

I see no problem at all with asking for ID at the polling station. In fact, even though I know EVERYONE at the polling station (Gotta love a small town) last time I voted they still asked for ID or asked for my address, if I remember correctly. Of course, my name's already in the rolls, so it's not a big deal.

As Americans it is our responsibility to vote. It is also a privilege. If you can remember your Blockbuster card but not your ID when you go vote, there should be red flags going up all over the place about your competence. Simply put, if you don't have a ID or can recite your address, EVERYONE is going to think something is up.

Simply put, fraud can and will happen. There's no way around it, since human frailty exists. The only thing that you can do is report it when you see it, and make it harder to do. THAT is also our duty, to help uphold the law.

Oh, and slank...You seem to have issues and really need some help beyond this website.

But, on the plus side, my new post assault ban AR-15 HBAR with evil looking features helps me sleep better at night.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   
This is a perfect example of why we need election reform...
big time...
the motor voter registration, would be better than what we have now...
I also propose that we have a short quiz on the same form that we have our vote on...
if you can't answer 3 out of 5 questions regarding the issue up for vote, then your vote shouldn't count... blind ignorance should have no place in Politics. We should all educate ourselves about issues before we vote, or we are just screwing up the votes of people who do know about the issue.
An awful lot bills have been passed because of a slick advertising campaign that served a PAC, and if the "good" side had the same advertising budget then they would have won...
Until then:
if you are not familiar with an issue DONT VOTE ON IT....
educate yourself on the issue...you may not know it, but it is your responsibility to do so before voting. It is part of the understood process of Democracy that people have forgotten about.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Being Australian , where we have an entirely different voting system......... I'm curious as to how you could tell these were democratic registration forms?

Isnt your vote anonamous and confidential? That's the way we do things here.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
These are registration forms to apply for your voter registration card. It's just an application. You can choose, Republican ,Democrat, Independent, Green, etc... These are not ballots, these are just application from people too lazy to leave their house and do it themselves. So they wait for someone to knock on their door so that they can have it taken care of for them. Sorta like voting welfare...lol

I take small solace in that if they're too lazy to actively apply to vote, most likely they are too lazy to actually vote when the day comes. That's why there is such a push for absentee ballots.

But....you could always vote in one state and do and absentee in another, if you live in say Florida and New York...

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
the motor voter registration, would be better than what we have now...
I also propose that we have a short quiz on the same form that we have our vote on...

The motor voter registration made it easier to vote but also made it easier for voter fraud........
So it is not better by any means.

[edit on 16-10-2004 by Muaddib]

new topics

top topics

join