It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

judge dred 3D!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
any one see the ads for this flick?
looks kinda stupid,but,it kinda reminds me of the path that the world seems to be heading!
some cops (and govts.0 are already acting like they are judge,jury,executioner!

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

oh son of god,
though hast forgotten the links

for your erudition, as i see your not familiar with His Honor

Judge_Dredd
Judge Joseph Dredd is a fictional character whose comic strip in the British science fiction anthology 2000 AD is the magazine's longest running, having been featured there since its second issue in 1977. Dredd is an American law enforcement officer in a violent city of the future where uniformed Judges combine the powers of police, judge, jury and executioner. Dredd and his fellow Judges are empowered to arrest, sentence, and even execute criminals on the spot. The character was created by writer John Wagner and artist Carlos Ezquerra, although editor Pat Mills also deserves some credit for early development.

Judge Dredd is amongst the UK's best known home-grown comic characters. So great is the character's name recognition that his name is sometimes invoked over similar issues to those explored by the comic series, such as the police state, authoritarianism, and the rule of law.[2] Judge Dredd was named the Seventh Greatest Comic Character by the British magazine Empire.[3] In 2011, IGN ranked him 35th in the Top 100 Comic Book Heroes.[4]

used to read a lot of 2000AD back in the 80-90's
had it on order at the comic shop

so...
shall i google for this trailer you saw?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

ya,my bad! i realized i shoulda added a link after the fact,but it was getting late!
i figured the ad was being blasted all over the t.v. anyway,soooo......
didn't really get too much into comics,mostly low brow and dark stuff---vampirella,heavy metal,the original 'crow' and the like.
anyway,thanx for the info,i did not know this!
the movie ads remind me of a cross between robo cop (hated that crap!) and the punisher (that was 'o.k')
don't think i'll be checking it out,unless its on tv one boring sunday aft.,and i have nuthin better to do!

cheers mate!

new topics

join