It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mia Love Wikipedia page vandalized with misogynistic, racial slurs

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Mia Love Wikipedia page vandalized with misogynistic, racial slurs; media silent

More slanderous hate.

This time against Mia Love, who is the Mayor of Saratoga Springs, Utah and is a candidate for U.S. Congress.

She is black and is a Republican.

She spoke well at the RNC convention.

Apparently some boneheads "edited" her Wikipedia page using extreme racial slurs as well as other choice descriptions.

The Wikipedia entry for GOP House candidate Mia Love was edited to include racist, misogynistic slurs after her rousing convention speech Tuesday night, Twitchy reported.

Love, the mayor of Saratoga Springs, Utah, happens to be a black female.

After the Wikipedia entry was defaced, it called Love a “total sell-out to the Right Wing Hate machine and the greedy bigots who control the GOP.”

Twitchy noted that the edits included disgusting slurs like [snip]....
more links at the story

I would say somebody doesn't like Mia...

edit on 29/8/12 by masqua because: censor circumvention in external content

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
The racist remarks are pretty juvenile, however being wikipedia it's easy to revert and lock the page.
edit on 29-8-2012 by Elton because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Who cares? All you're doing is giving this stupid race crap more attention by even posting this trivial incident.

So sick of the racial stuff.....

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
This link has a "before & after" screenshot of Her wikipage.

RNC Star Mia Love’s Wikipedia Reportedly Changed to ‘Dirty, Worthless...

After her speech at the Republican National Convention last night, Utah mayor Mia Love was declared one of the “rising stars” of the Republican Party.

Described as a “rock star,“ a ”novelty,“ a ”myth-buster,“ and a ”surprise,” she undeniably made an impact.

But some of the woman’s detractors were seemingly not content with her recent success, and took out their frustrations on her Wikipedia page.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I just don't understand why, with everything that's going on in the world, some juvenile attempts at internet vandalism (quite common on wikipedia) would be considered newsworthy.

Unless, of course, there is an agenda at hand.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Its common for 4chan to raid wikipedia for the lulz so don't worry about it as it'll be cleaned up soon

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Not a surprise....the race card will take center stage at the DNC convention next week.

It's already starting....

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
So where all the Republican are racist folks??? After hearing how the right is waging a war on minorities I figured that they would be all on here to say it ain't so
Guess not, must mean that they agree. At least that how I have seen it be told, if you don't denounce it you agree.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
To the members that have replied stating in a way,,,,, Why bring this up, Why Bring This Racism in to the for-front?
Because it's the 21st century and this should not be,,, and the peoples or person that has made these statements needs to be punished and show to be who they are to all Americans and the World.

If it was actually the KKK or Skinheads, you'd all be screaming Right Wing White Supremacy Nuts.
What if it is The New Black Panthers or some Left Wing Supporter?
Don't you think they should be Punished?
I Do,,,,, Besides, I like Ms. Love. more than I like Romney and a Lot more than I like Obama!
edit on 29-8-
ETD: I'm thinking if is is found out to be some Left Wing Group or The New Black Panthers,,,,,,, The D. O. J. under Holder and Obama will not Prosecute,, At lest that's my Opinion.
2012 by guohua because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-8-2012 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Someone said something racist on the internet? Shock and horror!

Get over it, wiki vandalism is nothing new. I could show you screenshots of when someone edited the page for Joseph Goebbels to read "Also spelled Glenn Beck", but here's a better idea. Stop taking everything you read on the internet so bloody seriously. Sometimes you should just laugh at the absurdity of it.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I'm a little saddened by the responses in this thread. I can understand if you want to say internet hate happens a lot, death threats, racist remarks, etc. But I don't understand why there are some posters who don't say that it's wrong, or bad, or evil.

Is everything found on the internet perfectly acceptable? I would hope you would say "no." Oh, it's legal, 1st Amendment and all that, but why is it hard to say that the attacks were rascist, sexist, unacceptable, and they make her opponents look like cowardly morons?

It will become a real problem if we sweep under the rug everything that "our side" does. Just look down the road a bit.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

That is correct, it is sad to say the lest.
So many people scream and yell and jump up and down when ever it is clear cut that a Racist comment came from the Right side of the Political isle, But if the possibility that this was from the Radical Left side of the Political Isle,,,
it's strangely quite and not commented on much other than to say,,,,,, Why's every one get up set, it's not like this doesn't happen or it's the internet,,, what do you expect.

Those comments were Vile and Racist and Nasty!
Those comments had been posted where school children doing home-work could home read them!

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
This just demonstrates how far leftists will go to achieve their goals. They adore and pander to people in their party and slander everyone in the opposing party. That about sums this up.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

"Our side", as you put it, is the point. I think what previous posters are trying to say is that this is most likely the work of some kids or computer enthusiasts - people who may or may not even be American. Yet there is already, even in this thread, a seemingly unspoken implication that this is somehow the work of liberals or Democrats. When there is absolutely no evidence to support such suppositions.

Personally I can't see the benefit of a highly funded political entity, on either side, resorting to practices and cheap shots on this level. Thinking that well funded and educated people would resort to something this base, when they already know how to take cheap shots on a much more public and effective level seems ludicrous to me. Politicians and organized adult groups are a bit more sophisticated than to turn to the tactics of 14 year old script kiddies.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
ahhh there's a reference to selling out to "big business". Who hates corporations so much? Any guesses?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Poor people, disenfranchised people, small business owners who can't compete, second and third world citizens who slave for dollars per day, the middle class, competing big business interests who didn't bother to lobby this particular politician and want to mitigate her power...

Oh and fourteen year old kids who are predisposed to buying into talking points and who parrot the positions that they read so that they can feel grown up.

Or maybe Obama did it while he was doing his Reddit thing today... I hear the guy is kind of bright. So it's possible.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Dear Hefficide,

Forgive me for leading you astray. "Our side" was designed to indicate any camp, whether political, sports, or supporters of one browser or another. It meant any group that had people passionately involved in it. I don't think I even implied that it was an effort by any organization, but rather by rabid supporters of "Our side."

I was hoping that my post would encourage everyone, regardless of "side" to condemn these and similar attacks, and to let their outrage at these tactics be known. If we accept these attacks, they will eventually escalate and become soccer match riots with "Our side" fighting "Their side." I would hope that everyone would condemn them regardless of the source.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

If that is the case, I do sincerely apologize for misreading your intentions. That is exactly what I would wish to do here myself.

So, I do stand humbly corrected.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
For all intents and purposes, it could have been anyone making such edits (wrong as they are). Even someone from the "conservative" side, to play the righteous self-indignant victim card. I find that most liberals are not inclined to watch or pay much attention to the GOP convention, outside of those in the media. To immediately start blaming "liberals" for defacing a Wikipage with racial slurs could have been the intent of this act.

Unless you have PROOF of who done this, you are wasting your time trying to blame one side or the other. Indeed, you are most likely playing right into the hands of the perpetrator(s).

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Oh right, and what republicans condemn people as sellouts to the evil corporations????? You have been leading the charge on calling Republicans racists for two days now. Is it Conventionmania? Is there something a doctor can give you for that?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join