It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RNC - 2012 - Dirty Tricks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
If you are a Ron Paul supporter, you shouldn't be surprised he didn't win the nomination.... I'm also not surprised that the RNC played some dirty tricks, but the depth they went to did surprise me. Here was what I've been able to surmise based on my watching video from the floor, watching twitter and scouring the internet:
  • A bus taking the Virginian delegation (and others) to the rules committee picked them up an hour late and delayed them as much as possible, so they missed the meeting and couldn't vote on behalf of their minority report.
  • Maine was unseated, but there were apparently replacement delegates (14 for Romney, 10 for Paul), so the injustice of it all was not apparent.
  • The Colorado chairman apparently abstained on behalf of the Ron Paul delegates he was speaking for, since he couldn't bring himself to give their count.
  • The establishment played microphone tricks and seated Paul supporters in the nosebleeds, so the cameras saw only Romney signs.
  • Ron Paul delegate totals ended up at least than half of what they should have been, indicating a lot more BS that ordinary viewers wouldn't figure out.
  • Romney was ultimately nominated with over 2000 votes, and some blonde bitch refused to repeat Ron Paul's votes after each state...she only repeated Romney's.
  • Everything that was televised looked to go smoothly (except for her, and Wolf Blitzer at CNN pointed out how they're ignoring Ron Paul's votes), but there were tons of shenanigans behind the scenes beforehand.
  • Paul Ryan won the VP slot by default over loud apparent "nays," since the leadership invoked the rule about him being the only one with enough support ahead of time to be considered.

Others
At 1:07 in the video, there was a vote held with the no's equaling the yay's; the nay's were ignored. The Texas delegation made a motion for division, which would have put the votes to a tally, and they were ignored. The Maine delegation called for point of order, and they were ignored.

www.youtube.com...=66s

This vote was essentially to change the rules removing the Maine delegation from their seats and they were replaced by Romney supporters. Removing this delegation meant that RP was no longer in for nomination because he no longer had plurality in 5 states.

www.latimes.com...

Later, 6 states signed petitions to have RP nominated from the floor, only 5 were needed. The RNC immediately changed the rules to require 8 states.

takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com...

Removed Rules Committee members who were against the initial rule changes and replacing them with their own people.

www.freedomworks.org...

Please share any others that you might have noticed

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Funny you mentioned the Virginia bus being late. The Iowa bus was late, too. Or was it the same bus?

abovetopsecret.com

Were there any other delegation buses that were delayed?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
Funny you mentioned the Virginia bus being late. The Iowa bus was late, too. Or was it the same bus?

abovetopsecret.com

Were there any other delegation buses that were delayed?

I've heard, but not confirmed, that the RI and SC buses were delayed as well.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
This thread will get funny as soon as one of the more vivid supporters of the GOP will arrive here.

Seriously, the whole thing was orchestrated. The whole world saw this, even here in Germany our more reliable medias brought big articles about it - even with some praising of Ron Paul.

It didn't matter. The outcome was made certain weeks and months ago.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManFromEurope
This thread will get funny as soon as one of the more vivid supporters of the GOP will arrive here.

Seriously, the whole thing was orchestrated. The whole world saw this, even here in Germany our more reliable medias brought big articles about it - even with some praising of Ron Paul.

It didn't matter. The outcome was made certain weeks and months ago.

I'm looking forward to it, their cognitive dissonance on display is always a fun spectacle.

Here is a video of the GA GOP State Chair bullying RP supporters to change their vote:

Here is what happens when she announces RP's #'s on the floor:

edit on 8/29/2012 by Finalized because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The one thing I don't understand is why the GOP went so far out of their way to do these things when it really didn't matter? Why not let Paul on the nomination? Romney had more than enough votes to ensure the nomination. The only thing I can think is that the GOP was desperate to show some sort of solidarity (even though there is none) moving forward with the convention.

In reality, RP had not chance, so it only makes the GOP's extreme efforts yesterday look so bad for the party in general. How can a party at war with itself be relied on to lead? It can't. Throughout the last six months they have turned what could have been a cakewalk election for their candidate into a complete joke.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

Well.. I would say it was so Romney's GOP could pass the new rules that allow the candidate (who shouldn't have any power at all) to pick their delegates, and also from now on if you don't vote for the candidate you are bound to you are disqualified. So they used the dissent to change the rules so next time (when the liberty party is much bigger) they can deal with them a little easier.

Then their is the conspiracy theorist concept that they just let the corruption show so people would get riled up and if the acted they could be locked up and it would be an excuse to further demonize grass roots movements as crazies, militias, anarchists, and whatever else.

They were just making rules as they went this year and they set new rules in place where the candidate, once they win delegates in a state, can replace those delegates with the same number of delegates of their choosing. So if Romney gets 50 delegates, but he's concerned some of them might not really support him, he can replace them with 50 hardcore Romney delegates. Hell he could replace them with 50 Romney donors and make a little cash on the side. I think they managaed to stave that off a little while though. So far all that has changed (which is bad enough) is that now delegates are forced to vote for whomever they are bound to (which should be illegal). This year.. in all honesty the Ron Paul delegates were trying to represent the will of the people in a way that hasn't been done in decades.
edit on 29-8-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Yep, and the sheep went "Baaaaa!"

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManFromEurope

I guess they have no defense, shows what cowards they truly are.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Here is a great high quality video compilation of the dirty tricks at the RNC.

Don't worry, the GOP is putting the final nails in their own coffin. They needed us to win this election! Did they really think a video tribute would work? The days of the GOP being run by the rich establishment neo-cons is almost over...and they know it! They are scared...and their dirty little tricks are just more proof of this!

Excellent post. Big S&F for you!
edit on 8/30/2012 by maddog99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by maddog99

Just finished watching, thanks S for you.

I'm don't understand how if anyone that watches that they aren't outraged.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Really, no GOP slurping cowards have anything to say? Can't defend these actions by your party? Because you know they're wrong.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Certain RNC buses were not only late but were purposely circling around the city to keep certain opposing delegates and RNC leadership from showing up to a crucial rules committee ruling.

There was also a personal story of a Ron Paul delegate not being allowed off of a bus by armed security, she was very scared.
edit on 31-8-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
TSA agents swarm Ron Paul's plane, demand explosives check

I didn't think the TSA had purvey over private aircraft? Just another Gestapo tactic.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
RNC TelePrompTer had results of vote before vote was taken...what say you?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
hmmm, isn't this how the Nazi party did things in Germany?

Democracy no more, welcome to America
edit on 1-9-2012 by tw0330 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join