It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N. Nuclear Inspectors Ready to Return to Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   

VIENNA (Reuters) - U.N. inspectors, barred from most of Iraq since last year's invasion, are ready to return to probe the disappearance of equipment that could be used in atomic weapons, the United Nations nuclear watchdog said Wednesday.

www.reuters.com.../GetContent§ion=news

Ok, let me get this straight. The UN inspectors are going back in to investigate WMD facilities that aren't there anymore? What are they gonna report? "Yup, there was definitly somethin here. Don't know what it was, or where it went, but there was something here"
I'd hate to have to put that report together.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
They're going to put reports together about any vehicle that has a sink in it, or any factory that has any kind of equipment that could possibly be used for manufacturing practically anything.
I'm sure they'll speculate to the fullest extent of their abilities.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Maybe they're going to concede on what President Bush and Vice-President Cheney conceded on last week?

Or maybe they'll go in there and find some WMD's (they would be the only ones that know where they are after all) to make President Bush out as a "liar" again.

To Hades with the U.N.!

[edit on 13/10/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
Ok, let me get this straight. The UN inspectors are going back in to investigate WMD facilities that aren't there anymore? What are they gonna report? "Yup, there was definitly somethin here. Don't know what it was, or where it went, but there was something here"
I'd hate to have to put that report together.

They're going back to find out what happened to the equipment from Iraq's pre-Desert Storm programs.

They had several sites under their watch in which equipment was inventoried and tagged.

The coalition, who supposedly went to Iraq because of WMDs, kicked the UN inspectors out and allowed those sites to get looted.

If WMD was the primary objective to this war, the coalition should have protected those sites.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Yeah, I think the key word is "equipment" that could be used. Not actual WMD.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Exactly! They're not looking for WMD, now, as much as they're looking for anything that can be linked to WMD manufacturing. Depending on how much speculation is used, that could include almost anything.
For example:

"We found a note book, which could have been used to take notes on nuclear weapons manufacturing...although, there is nothing written in it."

new topics

top topics

join