It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Storm forces GOP to scrap first day of convention

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) -- Republican officials abruptly announced plans Saturday night to scrap the first day of their national convention, bowing to the threat of Tropical Storm Isaac as it bore down menacingly on Florida.

"The safety of those in Isaac's path is of the utmost importance," tweeted Mitt Romney, his formal nomination as presidential candidate pushed back by a minimum of 24 hours from Monday night to Tuesday.

Source

There are rumors spreading around that this is a trick to get Romney elected while minimum delegates are at the convention. There are also rumors that the Ron Paul supporters "aren't falling for it" and will be there anyway.

Whatever the case may be, this will not be a quiet convention by any means.
edit on 8/25/2012 by SonicInfinity because: Minor edits

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Trick?! Oh c'mon.... That's stretching beyond all reason isn't it? I grant everyone, politicians know no limits to the dirty tricks or how far they'll go. That's especially true on Ron Paul as I well know by experience. However, it's showing as a Cat-2 Hurricane just off shore on Monday. That's a trick to set the standard by for all time.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Hypothetical: Due to the storm lasting longer than planned and the "inevitability" of Romney's nomination, they skip the delegate process and nominate Romney directly.

If this were to actually happen, how would it make you feel?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Hypothetical: Due to the storm lasting longer than planned and the "inevitability" of Romney's nomination, they skip the delegate process and nominate Romney directly.

If this were to actually happen, how would it make you feel?

I believe it would make me say Romney is not the legal or properly elected Candidate and this isn't going to be accepted by anyone but his most die hard supporters. Procedure and the need to maintain it alone demands it be done right even if Tampa is a total wash. A vote still needs called among those delegates sent to cast one.

I haven't heard any suggestion they'd try that....but then, they did a lot against Paul in Missouri I never thought I'd see too. I have to say, they'd do that at their peril and it would tear the party into pieces like even the Ron Paul frauds didn't manage. Scary idea there....

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Is Pat Robertson blaming the hurricane on God hating the GOP yet? Or does he only do that when it is organizations he disagrees with?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
ron paul is not going to be nominated.
ever.

top topics

join