It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazingly powerful video.. The real you - Alan Watts

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Ive seen this video before and its a good introduction to Alan Watts. There are many more at youtube and I recommend the ones that are several hours long because this is a man that really makes you think about life.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mijamija
I do not know about y'all but when I sleep I dream, and my dreams are sometimes very strange, very pleasant and on occasion very scary. I always wondered if when we die, do we enter a dream state. If we do, what kind of dream will we have? Will it feel real? Will we think we are still alive? Will the dream be good or bad?

This life is the dream. When you wake up (your body dies), you go back to unity with all things.

If you want to experience what it may be like, I would recommend some Ayahuasca ceremonies in the rain forest. It will show you what I mean. And no, its not like dreaming. Its much more awesome. When people say its a life changing experience, they are not kidding.

First part of a good movie about the experience here:

edit on 25-8-2012 by PrimitiveWorld because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrimitiveWorld

Ive seen this video before and its a good introduction to Alan Watts. There are many more at youtube and I recommend the ones that are several hours long because this is a man that really makes you think about life.

The video you just watched was only uploaded about 7 hours ago so I doubt you had already seen it before but perhaps just heard the same speech

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lightbringer38

The video you just watched was only uploaded about 7 hours ago so I doubt you had already seen it before but perhaps just heard the same speech

Yes, I meant the content in the video. Its taken from another, longer video that I dont remember the name of.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lightbringer38

Yes, I meant the content in the video. Its taken from another, longer video that I dont remember the name of.

haha I thought so!

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Thank you OP I'm watching the video - Tho One as the many - which I found off of your video. It's the relaxation I love at the end of a long day.

Wonderful message and great energy - Alan Watts

So S&F for being the messenger of light today.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAmD1
Thank you OP I'm watching the video - Tho One as the many - which I found off of your video. It's the relaxation I love at the end of a long day.

Wonderful message and great energy - Alan Watts

So S&F for being the messenger of light today.

I am glad I can be of help!

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by JarredAus
I cant see the video. I would love to watch it. Someone mind linking it for others, ---> (me)

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Did the link end up working for you?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
I think that it might be time to put together a thread that challenges this "you are not just you, but you are all that is" philosophy. That, and the "kill off your self if you want to transcend and not be left behind this year" mantra is a very dangerous trend that may be masking a much darker agenda. Let me see if I can get my presentation together for this. It definitely deserves its own thread.

I've always enjoyed your threads and posts so, I look forward to your presentation.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
This is a powerful thought and philosophical message that resonates with me -- deeply. It's a notion of our being that doesn't require fear-mongering & actually makes perfect sense....

I wonder what the religious have to say about this. Let me guess, Satan planted these philosophies? Even though we're using the logical brain and intellect we were born with??

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoTheConclusion
reply to post by Lightbringer38

Alan Watts is one of my favorite variations of myself I've been.

edit on 25-8-2012 by ErgoTheConclusion because: (no reason given)

wait till you remember being me

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I have known about Alan Watts for 30+ years. If you can bring his monologues into your train of thought, you are a better person automatically. Your perception is entirely different. You can draw upon his teachings in every facet of your life. It can be very profound.

The nice thing about Alan Watts is the bridge he creates between Eastern and Western spirituality. He does not elaborate upon the negative aspects judeo-christian-moslem dogma, he walks past it altogether and doesn't empower those attributes. He saw them for what the were, just one step up from paganism, and blinding to the power of the spirit.

He knew what an oppressing thing the ego can be tried to enlighten people to that pitfall.

If you study Alan Watts, you cannot help but change for the better. Know that and know also that he had no desire to be anointed, which made him even more astounding. He just wanted you to look at the universe and yourself from a better point of view.

Everybody could use a little Alan Watts in their mind. He was different and still is different. He was a prototype Homo Spiritus, the new and improved humanity that is in the wings. Prepare yourself!
edit on 25-8-2012 by RighteousDude because: Typo

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu
This is a powerful thought and philosophical message that resonates with me -- deeply. It's a notion of our being that doesn't require fear-mongering & actually makes perfect sense....

I wonder what the religious have to say about this. Let me guess, Satan planted these philosophies? Even though we're using the logical brain and intellect we were born with??

Could not agree more my friend!

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by leolady
Absolutely beautiful!

Yes it really is amazing.. The visuals really make it

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

love the soundtrack that goes with the speech...excellent video, thank you very much for sharing S+F

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

love the soundtrack that goes with the speech...excellent video, thank you very much for sharing S+F

No problem! Yes the visuals and music are just amazing!

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
"your doing all this, and you never had been educated on how to do it"

This is amazing stuff. Gets me all pringly and my nipples hard

If you listen to this, and take it in, as though your glass isnt full, and you have much to learn.. It frees me to know that I am here by my own accord, and that this is complicated because I feel it to be complicated.

Thank you for sharing this video.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SamLuv
"your doing all this, and you never had been educated on how to do it"

This is amazing stuff. Gets me all pringly and my nipples hard

If you listen to this, and take it in, as though your glass isnt full, and you have much to learn.. It frees me to know that I am here by my own accord, and that this is complicated because I feel it to be complicated.

Thank you for sharing this video.

I got the exact same feeling when I watched it also

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Great to see this on the front page!

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I love Alan Watts, I can't believe i've never seen this video... Thanks for posting... His words inspire me daily. If you like the video posted here, then enjoy this one! I watch it AT LEAST once a week.

EDIT: I can't make the video insertion work.. So, here's the link Alan Watts
edit on 26-8-2012 by Ouroborus2012 because: I suck at inserting videos

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join