It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Candidate; Stop Abortion With 'Deadly Force'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

BOSTON, Aug 23 (Reuters) - A Republican candidate in New Hampshire backed down on Thursday from a suggestion he would use "deadly force" to stop doctors from performing abortions, saying he "let his imagination get out of control."

Frank Szabo, who is running for sheriff in Hillsborough County, caused a uproar with his threats to crack down on legal abortion with arrests, prosecution and further actions aimed at doctors.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

I searched for this, and guess no one made a thread about it. But how can anyone be pro-life and condone killing people at the same time? Isn't that the most hypocritical stance one can take? This guy shouldn't really be a cop. ##snipped##

edit on 25-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Aug 25 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

But how can anyone be pro-life and condone killing people at the same time?

Without being a hypocrite, you cannot....Unless.....

He is a member of the Tea Party

And then you can evidently?

And these people actually BELIEVE they are doing the right thing, the moral thing.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

You can see the double speak and hypocrisy of pro-lifers.

Despite the proclaimed value of the unborn pro-lifers find it unpalatable to punish women as murderers. They really just want to criminilize abortion. Thus, they resolve the dilema of laws which do not reflect the proclaimed value of the unborn in several ways; rationalizations and mitigating circumstances include women seeking abortions are

- depressed
- mentally ill
- severely emotionally disturbed
- didn't know what they were doing ("deluded" by "society")
- "forced" by an third party (usually male i.e. boyfriend/husband)
- will develop post traumatic stress disorder or similar once they found out the "graveness of their decision"
- punish the "hitman" (abortion provider) but not the person who ordered the hit (woman - because she is "mentally ill" or something).

This is why they target the people around the woman, such as abortion providers. Notice how much his statements emphasis Doctors and never the woman who decides. It's quite telling.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
What's up with the extreme crazy in the GOP lately?

I know most politicians are already crazy, but the use to at least try to hide it.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
In the past, the moderates in the GOP managed to keep the party - moderate. But the moderates have been pushed out by the teapublicans who made the party much more extreme right-wing. Now these crazies, who've been held in check by those moderates, have nothing to hold them back and are letting their hatred of all things feminist be known. They want to continue to oppress women in every manner, even if it means advocating murder to do so.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

More partisan ridiculousness? Say it ain't so!

Both sides have some real imbeciles among their candidates and in their closet... I really don't think people who live in glass houses should throw stones around too much. I mean, fair is fair... If your point here is to paint all Republicans as fools for the extreme stances and histories of a few of their candidates in regards to the abortion issue, does that mean all Democrats are racists because the Democrats supported that bigoted Klansman Robert Byrd? Are all Democrats idiots because they support the unquestioned king of saying downright foolish things, Joe Biden? Are all Democrats Deviants and drunks because Ted Kennedy was one of the figureheads of the party, despite being both a drunk and a deviant?

I highly doubt you'd contemplate painting the entire left side of the aisle with one wide brush due to these shockingly poor candidates... So why do it in reverse against the GOP? Nobody likes hypocrisy, especially when it appears that it may very well be starring back at them from the mirror they're looking into.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 25-8-2012 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint

I know most politicians are already crazy, but the use to at least try to hide it.

The GOP is just showing the country their TRUE COLORS lately for sure.

They are showing the country their true colors which is their [color=gold]extreme hate for women, seniors, school-children, college-students, teachers, veterans, middle-class folks, poor folks, disabled folks, unemployed folks, retiring folks, gay and lesbian folks, folks with health issues, small-business owners, etc etc etc. And when it comes time to vote, ALL of these folks (all of US average folks here) whom the GOP HATES will simply vote for the other guy whoever it will be!

GOP = True IDIOTS. In the END, all who will vote for them will be the SMALL PERCENTAGE of the country whom actually has a reason to vote for them which include the SUPER wealthy, the soulless bankers, corrupt corporations CEOs, wall-street snakes, and greedy devil fat cats. By November, the huge majority of Americans will KNOW BETTER than to vote for the GOP who doesnt have our best interest in mind!

The GOP is destroying themselves [color=gold]EVERY...SINGLE...DAY!!!

IDIOTS

edit on 25-8-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

The Tea Party is taking over the GOP via Koch funding and running all of the moderates out and replacing them with extremists.

They did it in Kansas www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 25-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Who said I did? Am I not supposed to make a thread because it might make the whole GOP look bad?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Clearly Life only matters before its born.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Wow. Thats Amazing stuff. Hard to believe this is for real. He did say 9 months in utero which is reasonable. But I didnt hear anything about law. I will watch it again. If the law says its acceptable to murder a little baby swimming around in its mommies belly, then theres no justification for the use of ANY force to stop her. She is within the boundaries of the law. If the law is corrected and abotion indeed becomes murder then absolutely deadly force would be authorized in preventing the crime. But if hes saying he is just going to act on his beliefs and administer deadly force then he should be removed from politics and be required to undergo an extensive psych eval before he returns to society.
edit on 25-8-2012 by psyko4570 because: spelling

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by psyko4570

Pretty sure you can't even get an abortion at 9 months.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

More partisan ridiculousness? Say it ain't so!

Both sides have some real imbeciles among their candidates and in their closet... I really don't think people who live in glass houses should throw stones around too much. I mean, fair is fair... If your point here is to paint all Republicans as fools for the extreme stances and histories of a few of their candidates in regards to the abortion issue, does that mean all Democrats are racists because the Democrats supported that bigoted Klansman Robert Byrd? Are all Democrats idiots because they support the unquestioned king of saying downright foolish things, Joe Biden? Are all Democrats Deviants and drunks because Ted Kennedy was one of the figureheads of the party, despite being both a drunk and a deviant?

I highly doubt you'd contemplate painting the entire left side of the aisle with one wide brush due to these shockingly poor candidates... So why do it in reverse against the GOP? Nobody likes hypocrisy, especially when it appears that it may very well be starring back at them from the mirror they're looking into.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 25-8-2012 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

I agree. Both sides have gotten so good at mud slinging that I'm in the mood to give up on politics all-together. I consider myself Independent and will vote both ways. I lean whatever I feel is best for our country, but at the rate things are going, I seriously want to kick everyone out of office and start fresh. I think only people who already have an outside job and are willing to take the Government job with no or little pay should be elected to office. Lobbying should be cut or regulated HEAVILY. Same with insider trading. Martha Stewart does, she goes to jail. Joe Biden and all his buddies do it, they make a ton of money. We need a COMPLETE overhaul of our election process, of our government, of everything. I think if we as a country can get together and overhaul our government in a sensible manner and in a better working order, things might just work out for us. As of now though, see that drain? That's us heading for it.

join