It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions raised after SEAL's identity revealed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Questions raised after SEAL's identity revealed

www.cnn.com

The author of the yet-to-be-published book "No Easy Day: The Firsthand Account of the Mission That Killed Osama Bin Laden" wrote it under the pseudonym Mark Owen.
The book's publisher said the special operations forces team member did not want to reveal his name to protect himself and his family.
But only a day after the New York Times first reported the book was coming out, Fox News reported the author's real name on its website and posted photos of him in combat gear.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Ok... now FOX news, who consistantly asserts that Bradley Manning and Wikileaks endangers the lives of our soldiers, they just come right out and tell everybody where one of our soldiers lives, his name, and his pictures. Not only that but he just happens to be one of the soldiers WHO KILLED BIN LADEN.

I say they should be thrown in solitary confinement right next to Bradley Manning. Either that or maybe release Bradley Manning as a trade off.

Seriously, this is ridiculous.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Oh, and here's just one article from FOX about how evil it is to reveal info on any soldiers. FOX loves reporting on stories that claim Wikileaks kills soldiers.
edit on 24-8-2012 by Cuervo because: coffee...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
sooo ur saying bin laden died in 2001, best case case senerieo?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
sooo ur saying bin laden died in 2001, best case case senerieo?

How did you get that out of the article?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
The guy was an idiot for thinking his name would never be revealed anyway. He just better hope he can stay out of jail for writing this book. Because he didn't did not get his manuscript approved, as required, by the Pentagon, the White House or the CIA.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
So.... You're comparing little Bradley Manning releasing over 500,000 classified documents into the public domain in the single largest document dump of it's kind......with a Former Navy Seal writing a book about a single operation he was directly participating in?

It's interesting that others find even a remote connection between those....because I entirely miss that. I don't even see a passing comparison.

Although I will sure be interested in watching the Seal story develop. He would seem to be violating secrecy if he didn't have anything vetted...unless he's really THAT good at knowing precisely that Uncle considers sensitive and what isn't.

Personally, I'm calling it a sham, outright, if that book goes out into full distribution and nothing is done to stop it. (as the story is being told now, anyway) The Government has shown in the past how quickly and easily they can pull an entire book run and at the last moment too. This book releasing will tell me people in Government chose to allow it. I think someone can leak things to the net, perhaps....but "Leaking" a properly published and distributed book? Yeah Right..

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
The guy was an idiot for thinking his name would never be revealed anyway. He just better hope he can stay out of jail for writing this book. Because he didn't did not get his manuscript approved, as required, by the Pentagon, the White House or the CIA.

That's not the point. Don't you see the hypocrisy? FOX news is a cheerleader against Wikileaks and Bradley Manning, saying they endanger the lives of our soldiers yet they are the first one to publicly reveal the private details of one of the dudes who killed Osama.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Irresponsible journalism... News organizations are nothing like they used to be. They want to be the first to report and than ask questions later. They've become tabloid news, and are always looking for the shocking and entertaining news.

Gone are the days when news organizations would investigate government criminal activity, and report real news and leave the celebrity gossip news to magazines and tabloids.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
So.... You're comparing little Bradley Manning releasing over 500,000 classified documents into the public domain in the single largest document dump of it's kind......with a Former Navy Seal writing a book about a single operation he was directly participating in?

It's interesting that others find even a remote connection between those....because I entirely miss that. I don't even see a passing comparison.

Although I will sure be interested in watching the Seal story develop. He would seem to be violating secrecy if he didn't have anything vetted...unless he's really THAT good at knowing precisely that Uncle considers sensitive and what isn't.

Personally, I'm calling it a sham, outright, if that book goes out into full distribution and nothing is done to stop it. (as the story is being told now, anyway) The Government has shown in the past how quickly and easily they can pull an entire book run and at the last moment too. This book releasing will tell me people in Government chose to allow it. I think someone can leak things to the net, perhaps....but "Leaking" a properly published and distributed book? Yeah Right..

That's not what the article is about. It's about FOX leaking the author's real name and location. His book sounds pretty cool and uses all fictional names so it endangers nobody. FOX, on the other hand, was provided with a fake name and decided to use his real one, endangering the crap out of that Seal.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Oh okay, so it's NOT about Wikileaks, Assange or drawing any comparisons..... Gotcha.

I was a bit confused by your suggesting the topic outside the scope of the article you linked.

Now strictly on the isolated case of this Seal and the book and taking outside any other case or consideration which may have happened beyond that..Why yes, I think FOX was irresponsible if they broke his name first, without permission or clearance and intended it to be a unilateral news flash for that information.

I'm hoping I got your point......after all, your replies seem to indicate we've all missed your intention to one degree or another so far.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Fox News are backstabbers for doing this to a former American Compatriot.

By the way thats a neat avatar you got their

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
See my thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

As you are now discovering as I did, few care or think OBL died earlier (or is still alive today) or make excuses for FOX...or even think it was a collusion of the Obama Administration and FOX to out the Seal. Sad.

I think it is safe to say had this been any other network that revealed this, the Right (including half of the ATSers) would be apoplectic right now.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly
See my thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

As you are now discovering as I did, few care or think OBL died earlier (or is still alive today) or make excuses for FOX...or even think it was a collusion of the Obama Administration and FOX to out the Seal. Sad.

I think it is safe to say had this been any other network that revealed this, the Right (including half of the ATSers) would be apoplectic right now.

Crap, didn't see that when I searched for "mark owen". Thanks for pointing it out in a non-jerk way.

MODS, shut'er doooown!

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Oh okay, so it's NOT about Wikileaks, Assange or drawing any comparisons..... Gotcha.

I was a bit confused by your suggesting the topic outside the scope of the article you linked.

Now strictly on the isolated case of this Seal and the book and taking outside any other case or consideration which may have happened beyond that..Why yes, I think FOX was irresponsible if they broke his name first, without permission or clearance and intended it to be a unilateral news flash for that information.

I'm hoping I got your point......after all, your replies seem to indicate we've all missed your intention to one degree or another so far.

No... the article is about FOX telling the world where a Seal is who helped nail Osama. My post was pointing out the hypocrisy of FOX on how they accuse Wikileaks of endangering lives yet they'll directly make a target out of one of the biggest enemies of Al Qaeda.

Doesn't matter anyway. This article was already posted here

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

Not me, i know Fox News are traitors

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

i just said what many conspirecy theriost believe wondering if u felt the same way

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
reply to post by Cuervo

i just said what many conspirecy theriost believe wondering if u felt the same way

Nope. I actually believe the official story on this one. Do I believe that Osama was the person the media painted him to be? Probably not. But myth or maverick, Osama was whoever he was and he died that day.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

What you say may be true, however, I applaud this SEAL for telling the story. We only know what the Gub told us which is highly a fabrication anyways. We need more like him in my humble opinion.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
My guess is that a member of the SF community outed him. This guy is essentially doing what the govt. was and breaching protocol by sharing secrets yes?

On the flip side I wouldn't be surprised if the book makes the admin look bad it wasn't a high up trying to get the book ripped off the shelves or send a stern warning to would be chatty cathy's.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

No need to shut 'er down. I am curious to see the mix. My title was, well, provocative and shows my stripes on this one. Your title is benign. We may see different posters as a result.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join