It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can this be?!?!?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   
As much as I would like to see an end to a staunchly 2-party system, I now see why this may never happen
With tactics like these, it is no wonder!

Gov. Joe Kernan and Republican challenger Mitch Daniels will go head-to-head in their second and final debate Sunday without Libertarian Kenn Gividen on stage.

Outraged Libertarians say they are considering a lawsuit.

"This is horrible," said Brad Klopfenstein, executive director of the Indiana Libertarian Party. "We're not going to take this lying down."

Mike Bosc, vice chancellor for university advancement at IU Southeast, said the university would prefer having all three candidates.

IU spokesman Larry MacIntyre said that because of Gividen's exclusion, university officials at one point Monday considered denying the campaigns the use of the Richard K. Stem Concert Hall at the New Albany campus for the debate.

"That was our first instinct, because we're a public university," MacIntyre said.

But it became clear that inviting Gividen was not an option; MacIntyre said both the Kernan and Daniels campaigns said their candidates would not show up if Gividen did.

As a result, the school was faced with the prospect of losing the debate entirely, Bosc said, and it did not want that to happen.

"We think it's very important for southern Indiana. We sometimes feel like a forgotten part of the state," Bosc said.

www.indystar.com...

Listening to a morning talk show station this morning, this may change as both Kernan's and Daniel's campaign managers were called on the carpet and asked what their problem was after they spent a few minutes blaming each other.

This really makes me angry that this happened in the first place. Kenn Gividen may only get a few percentage points, but he IS on the ballot for governor, and he was included in the first debate. Maybe he was a little too threatening to the Dems and Reps here?

As long as those in the 2 major parties maintain absolute control and not the people they are *supposed* to represent, we have nothing more to look forward to except for voting for the lesser of 2 evils, and not someone who really represents us. I was getting excited about the momentum the LP was gaining here in Indiana, but now I'm just depressed.

join