It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zone Of Silence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 05:38 PM
link   
MEXICO'S ZONE OF SILENCE

by Scott Corrales

There exist a number of "accursed sites" on the surface of our planet. Some
of these locations are the sites of gravitational or atmospheric disturbances
that still remain unexplained by twentieth century science. Such anomalous areas
possess properties which interfere sporadically with humans and their equipment.
One area worthy of mention surrounds the Mediterranean island of Elba (famous for
being Napoleon's first place of exile), and is the bane of maritime aviation in
the Mediterranean; another spot is Mt. Stredohori in Czechoslovakia, where an
unknown force drains car engines of power throughout the length of a 75-foot
stretch of road.

Continues here:

www.strangemag.com...

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 03:06 AM
link   
...zone of silence...very interesting...

...I know of a number of places with similar sorts of phenomena here in New Zealand. Hunters call them 'dead spots' or 'dead zones'...for they are just that...dead...

...they are places where the foilage is a different colour...normally a dull grey, or almost a charcoal black...cold places, even on the hottest days...wind seems to cease as you approach them...so too does sound itself. Almost as if these areas are completely separate realms from this world altogether. And the feeling you get being near them...or in them...is the feeling of ice flowing through and around your very soul...totally chilling...

...hunters generally steer clear of these areas...as do the wild-life, walking great distances to avoid them...

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I have heard (and experienced) the same type of phenomena at American Civil War battelfields (spirits maybe?) I, personally, have experienced this at Gettysburg down in Devil's Den where ALOT of men were killed during the battle. Very quiet, no birds, no nothing. Just silence. Very disconcerting.

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Very interesting article fortean
. I will do some more reading on the subject.

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Most if not all amateur radio operators are aware of what's called "RF holes" or places with no seemingly physical limitations where radio frequency will jut not propogate well. Before moving to my current home, I leased a house which I feel fell in one of these. I had trouble receiving and transmitting from there while just a couple hundred feet down the street, I could get out better with a mobile than I could from the house with a base. It affected UHF and VHF , FM and AM signals. Glad I'm out of there. But this sort of thing has no concrete explaination but its theorized that its cause by electromagnectic fields both above and below the Earth's surface. Man-made or naturally (supernaturally) occuring.

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 03:42 PM
link   
i was thinking about something like this a while ago. Is it possible that these spots are places where the earth releases "negative energy"? I'm not very educated on the subject but I was wondering if that's a possibility. Spirits seems kind of out there for the scientific world, but you never know. It's probably the magnetic field majiggers.

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 11:22 PM
link   
can i ask a stupid question.....???

Is the ZONE OF SILENCE.... the same as the ''Code of Silence''' in...........Get Smart............

Ok, sorry people.....

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by observer
I, personally, have experienced this at Gettysburg down in Devil's Den .

This is an old thread, but I'm going to bump it up.
This is an interesting subject.

I too have experienced a 'dead zone' in Gettysburg, in the
bloody triangle field - between Little Round Top and
Devil's Den.

Anyone know if there are lists of 'dead zone' places?
Are these EMF anomolies or something else?

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Good Thread

I just want to hang on, it would be interresting if there was a map, we could create our own? People reporting of such places?
WIS

new topics

top topics

join