It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Light Columns Appear In Japan 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
This video appears to be a collection of still images of a strange light that appeared following a thunderstorm
Further searching will follow to see if i can post more info about what is going on here
Ok this site www.thetruthbehindthescenes.org... has some more information about the light.and a claim there are hundreds of witnesses.
This is a comment from the YT vid "This story has been confirmed by the Japanese media and the pictures are authentic, " Really ?
find that media claim and find out whether or not this is real. There must be other footage in the land of technology

www.youtube.com...#!

edit on 24-8-2012 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I was waiting for this to show up

The site i saw it on said it was due to exposure times and offered correct settings for capturing pics of lightning via time delay and so, and so.. personally.. i was waiting for it to land here and see what some of our camera experts say (being serious today, no sarcasm implied)

either way.. its a wild pic.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
In a way this reminds me of the strange sounds that were being reported earlier this year, the booms and groans and such. The images look like they could be made in Photoshop in about five minutes, but I would be very interested to see further information from other sources. Perhaps some media reports, if these are truly confirmed by the media. Much like those sounds though, I got the chills seeing those images and wondering what it would mean if those were genuine.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Xarian6

I cant find any media reports or other vids of this so
hopefully someone with experience will show up and put this out of its misery as quickly as possible

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Don't you think the new media, especially Japan would be all over that? They're not shy about UFOs. And what about the mass of people located there? Wouldn't most of them start a frenzy? it's only a few so I'm going to say photoshop. I don't know. Interesting if true, nonetheless. Off to bed,

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

In the first picture of the video where the light 'goes behind' the building the angles are off. Where the light and the building roof 'touch' the light intersects the building slightly.

Whoever photoshopped the pic didn't take the angle of the buildings roof into account and just cut the light column off straight. It looks out of perspective.

At least this pic is fake IMO. Which would throw the rest into doubt unfortunately.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
The very first image of beam is overlaying the building. There's no end to the diversions these days, is there?

Makes it hard to want to keep looking at this sort of stuff. Like everyone said, where are the kajillions of other phone/camera downloads?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Japan is a very populated country, but I can't see a single person on those photos. Maybe that's a "rapture" beam.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Ok this is more than likely just a hoax video
After looking through . Waste of my time and yours . disregard

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
While there is a weather event known as light columns or pillars, I think that one is faked.
Here's a real one.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

Though light pillars are often caused by artificial light, sun pillars, as in the above picture, occur when sunlight reflects off the facets of millions of flat ice crystals in very cold air.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Possibly these things I read about before. www.helium.com... Any earthquakes around the time?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
There was a story of this happening in February when someone took a picture of a Mayan Pyramid and one of these was over it. Turns out it was because of a sensor glitch with the camera (an iPhone) and a lightning bolt in the frame. Nobody saw the beam of light in person, and it only appeared in one of three pictures taken.

gizmodo.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Well, after all, Japan has now added three permanent nuclear SUNS to their natural resources following delayed cover-up, I mean, confirmation of three nuclear meltdowns at Fukushima. Maybe they are getting a little solar energy from them since the technology doesn't exist to stop these eternally burning nuclear suns located On Our Earth.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Photoshop, and bad Photoshop too.

But even if they weren't so badly done, you'd think with all the tech there would be VIDEO evidence of this too, rather than just a series of stills. That rings alarm bells. And the fact that there doesn't seem to be any other evidence of this either, that should tell us something.

top topics

join