It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

scientists bringing back unknown plague

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Hantavirus is considered to be a possible cause of the English sweats of course lack of proper sanitation at the time probably didnt require a more virulent strain to spread as it did

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Diseases follow an evolutionary path just like everyone else. Legionella will never be a pandemic, and only has small outbreaks, because it is an aquatic bacteria. Which is why you find them in hospitals and vegetable sprayers. It is limited to its environment.

It won't suddenly jump to a non aquatic environment.

Hantavirus is only spread from rodent to human. Not from human to human.

The biggest carrier are deer mice. People are more likely to come in contact with the hantavirus in a musty,cabin filled wiht mouse droppings.

Eliminate the mouse environment in your home, do a little vaccuming, and you won't have a problem with hantavirus.

People loved to be scared by ebola (of which there are five strains, btw) but while lethal when contracted, it doesn't contract easily.

The fact that only 16 people died in a very anti-sterile environment with little medical care, should tell you something.

It is only spread through fluids, it is not airborne. So unless people are sharing blood or saliva, it is not transferred..

And because evolution has to follow a course, it won't suddenly become airborne.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by subfab

You have to tell me where this burial was found. Just some people buried somewhere that died from a plague, doesn't give me anything to go on.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

And because evolution has to follow a course, it won't suddenly become airborne.

Good information but I think the rules change just a bit when you are considering a virus. They grow so rapidly and have such a large number of progeny that mutations occur over a shorter period also DNA viruses are able to use recombination to pick up genetic information from viruses that may not be of the same type.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Scientists are creating chemistry to fight microbes that is accelerating their mutations. They kill off some microbes making their fighting amongst themselves to survive not possible. Only the best suited survive and multiply. Some of these mutate and get further resistance, and science kills off the ones without resistance again making the new strain able to thrive for a while and the mutations occur again. This has been going on for quite a while and the microbes are now evolving faster than our resistance to them is. Our immune systems can't fight the overabundant germs in the environment anymore, medicines that can kill these new microbes also hurt us. We are pushing the evolution of the microbes. Some can say that this isn't science, but it is people with degrees in the sciences that are creating this mess. If the microbes kept each other in check than we could evolve as a species to keep up. This is going to create a very expensive situation in the future. You think that healthcare costs are high now, wait for a few years. A simple infection will take three days in the hospital to cure.

We are screwed, Most of mankind will be destroyed by the smallest armies in the world. We have created a nightmare beyond belief. Look in history at how many times this has occurred naturally. What is to come will have become because of our own ignorance of the properties of nature caused by our desire to make more profits off our knowledge without properly evaluating the risks involved.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

i wish i could remember.
that's why i started this thread. i was hoping that someone else saw that show and would remember.

i do remember thinking, Why are they doing that?

my thoughts on "virus farming" in a lab is that it is impossible to control any virus long term. the scientists are relying on man made safeguards to maintain a leak free environment. all safety mechanisms can fail at any time. it's like the saying i learned when i first started using a gun. the guy who was showing me how to safely operate the firearm said "the safety is a man made device that can fail at any time. that's why you never point a firearm at anyone. even with the safety on." a virus lab is just like the loaded gun with the safety on. accidents can happen.

there is also the threat of a disgruntled employee. a person could, with some effort remove a sample of a virus and release it in a populated area.

those little virus dudes can cause a whole heck of a lot of problems.

-subfab

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
could this be the result of the experiments.... the stuff we are seeing in Uganda?

all of a sudden this plague shows up?

who knows?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join