It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Part-time artist creates stunning drawings with standard ballpoint pens.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by haven123
fake

I have to somewhat agree, although I don't think fake is the right word for it.
But the way in which the pictures are presented in the OP does make them seem more amazing then they are.

If you visit the guys gallery there is a tutorial on how he does his drawings. He doesn't start with a ballpoint pen, he starts with a pencil.

I suspect that he does the sketched pencil versions on top of a picture first, and then colorizes it afterwards - and looking at his choice of technique I would say it still requires talent. But isn't as amazing, since this is a skill that can be mastered by most.

The reason why I suspect that is:

- That many of his pictures has a very shallow depth of field, which suggests that they are drawn from pictures taken with a DSLR camera with a telelens.

- That I myself have used the same technique many times before, when making short animated (rotoscoped) movies, and his sketch style and mine share similar characteristics - such as the fact that he shapes out areas in his pencil sketches so that he knows where to colorize, which suggest that this is not an intuitive skill, but the product of planning and patience - of which he clearly has a lot when he spends 60 hours on each.

Also it looks like he draws them a lot bigger than he uploads them, which allows for greater detail.

My point is, that he might just have drawn these with a ballpoint pen, but he couldn't have done it or anything close to it, on a blank piece of paper. I don't think so anyway. But still cool.
edit on 06/06/12 by Mads1987 because: (no reason given)

edit on 06/06/12 by Mads1987 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Would he be classified as a savant? That's pretty amazing and I'd imagine there are very few if not any other people who can do that. If it has been done before then I take that pack but still amazing.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Perhaps

It's things like this that restore my faith in people.

His talent is second to none. As a rubbish artist myself, I can appreciate just how much effort is put into a picture, especially of that quality. HIs ability to capture the likeness is stunning.

<< 1  2   >>

join