It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creepy Visions!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Hello, i just wanna start off saying i am not psychologically unstable in any way,(or at least I hope).

The reason for this post is that I have had the strange hallucinations when my eyes are adjusting to darkness at night. The hallucinations I see are distortions of people's faces, or entirely different faces. They are almost always creepy. They sometimes appear to be demons, or just wierd(yet disturbing) faces that look absolutely nothing like the person's actual face. Does anyone know what I may be experiencing?

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
For things like this i give sceptic advice, my advice, than out in the blue advice (its sometimes right)

sceptic Something could be wrong with your eyes get them checked

mine this could be looking at the manasfestation of something bad they have done recently

to be honest go with the sceptic first

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
You answered your own question as to "what" it is within your post, as to does anyone else do this....yes, I think everyone does this to a degree when their eyes are adjusting from bright to dark....

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I'll start by saying that those who say that they are not psychologically unstable are generally the MOST psychologiaclly unstable, they are just in denial. Just joking!

I have difficulty getting my eyes adjusted to darkness as well. I do not see faces, but strange shapes. Nothing evil or sinister, just odd patterns. I have heard that when people see shapes their brain is trained to detect a face within the shape ... kind of like the 9/11 smoke where everyone can see a picture that looks like the devil... that is the brains natural reaction - you look for a face.

Any chance it could be shapes that you are interpreting to be as faces? It could very well be that you ARE seeing faces and I'm way off but I thought I would through that out there since I have the same problem with adjusting to darkness. Also, I still get creeped out by the dark on occassion so I tend to 'see' shapes of things that are innocent but my imagination turns them into something else. Could you be having something like that?

I'll be interested to hear input from others. I really was joking about you being psychologically unstable so please don't take offense. I'm just in an extremely silly mood this hour.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
None taken

I know they arent shapes, however, because they are in so much detail, that i couldnt be making them up

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
How long do you see these faces? Is it just a matter of seconds? Does this happen every time your eyes adjust to darkness?

I wonder if there is a name for this type of experience, hopefully someone will be able to provide additional info.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I've been through this sort of thing before, and once I had a really odd experience when I settled down to sleep one night
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think that it may possibly be something to do with the fact that our minds have to process so much during the day, and perhaps the sudden halt to those processes when you suddenly switch out the light causes your brain to fill the gap for a while . I don't know if this is the case, just one explaination that I could think of, but who knows, perhaps there is more to it.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
The thing is , I see these faces for as long as I want to, as soon as I control my eyes to adjust to darkness. It also helps if I cross my eyes.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Oh my god, this is weird, I get the EXACT same thing! I've been complaining about it for a while to my friends. It doesn't happen all the time, but evey now and then i get one. I had one the other night when i was with my girlfriend. I saw a window and i couldn't see into the room, it was all black apart from a face looking directly at me with a twisted evil expression, it really freaked me out. I told my girlie when it happened and it freaked her out a bit too.

I've had them all my life, but they have been coming more frequent recently.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Well if you are seeing faces ... then check the history of your house.... see if anyone died there then just blame it on that ... and call it haunted. That is when ghost come out right is at night and that is when you seem to see them when the lights go off you should sit there and play with it one night and just see ... go over to the light switch on the wall ... sit there ... withthe lghts on turn them off look at the faces go toward them see what happens let me know I am interested. If you don't get there turn the lights back on .... Read alittle bit ... then turn the lights back offf ... Oh yeah ... get your husband or Wife to sit with you ... so you don't drive your self totally nuts. =-) ... GL ... and may the force be with you ...

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by superduperman
Oh my god, this is weird, I get the EXACT same thing! I've been complaining about it for a while to my friends. It doesn't happen all the time, but evey now and then i get one. I had one the other night when i was with my girlfriend. I saw a window and i couldn't see into the room, it was all black apart from a face looking directly at me with a twisted evil expression, it really freaked me out. I told my girlie when it happened and it freaked her out a bit too.

I've had them all my life, but they have been coming more frequent recently.

What is that one line apart from everything else almost as if you had to prove your story one last time?

Just wondering why ? ....

It reminds me of movie lines .... almost like copy and paste.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by bet555

What is that one line apart from everything else almost as if you had to prove your story one last time?

Just wondering why ? ....

It reminds me of movie lines .... almost like copy and paste.

Not asking you to belive me, i know im not lying. Take what i say at face value, its my problem if im lying. If I am its no skin of your nose.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Very interesing. I know someone close to me who had some experiences on rare occasions as well with seeing demons in the dark. She'd go from fine to panicked. My guess is they're demons. Again, detail inclusive discounting light patterns and imagination. She's very logical so I don't suspect anything other than her being right. Seek God, pray - Psalm 91 talks about protection.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I sometimes get disorted images like this while in that area of sleep but your not asleep time, they can be frightening but, they go away into nothingness. It could be just your mind playing around with you. Now if they physically touch or harm you or they start talking to you, then you might have a problem. Don't fret, I really think its nothing. I'm experienced in the paranormal and I think its not that.

[edit on 10-13-2004 by Cearbhall]

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
When I was a kid I swear I used to get so scared b/c of stuff I saw whether it be lightning or faces outside my window painted up liek the crow when it woudl be rainging outside. And I remember seeing these images ... but that is exactly what they were I would wear myself out so much during the day that in the evening I woudl be so exauhsted ... ***THAT IS FOR SURE NOT HOW YOU SPELL THAT .. lol .. oh well ..

but when I woudl wake up the next day they woudl seem real.

Also I had dreams when I was little of stuff that would not be real at all such as riding in a helicopter with my uncle .... I thought it was real I went to school wrote a paper on it when I was liek 3rd grade. Brought it home my parents read it they told me good story I told them it wasn't a story it had happend and they said really ??? I sad yes ... They didn't say anything about it ... I am not sure what happend ... I believe myself now that it was not real although I believed then that it was ... Mostly on the part I ask my uncle if he ever flew in a helicopter he said ... NO ... Boy was I disappointed ... the point in this maybe you have VIVID DREAMS ... and they seem to be more liek reality that Dreams. Are you sleeping alot ... ??? Do you work hard during the day what do you do? Is it Strenous work. Do you get any attention when you get home from anyone else? Do you live by yourself? How many people do you talk to everyday ??

These are important factors that may be takenin consideration before jumping to any kind of conclusions as if there are Demons after you. Or that thier is someone dead in your house ... Or that someone is trying to contact you from the other side. Or that the aliens are out to get you but they can't come into the light. =-) ... Just try and write exactly what happend down or type it ... Don't be afraid of it as hard as that is try to think about it when it is happening as not so much after it has happenned.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure it has nothing to with hauntings, since they wouldn't be disturbing like that, or have anytrhing to do with demons. I think it may be partially due to my eyes, since when my eyes adjust, I get a sort of faded out black spot on the center of my vision. But this really doesnt explain the faces I see.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Oh and for bet555, I don't go to work because i'm only 12

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Things of that nature used to happen to me when I was younger, they dont anymore. Some schizoprenics have bedtime hallucinations, not saying you're schizo, because I certainly wasnt when I was younger, nor am I now. Let me ask you a question: When did this start, and the first time it happened, were you afraid when the lights went out, opening your eyes, kind of looking for things to see? Answer honestly. You seem to think its just something to do with your eyes, which is what I suspect also.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chocolate Cracker
Oh and for bet555, I don't go to work because i'm only 12

I know you say you are only 12. ... But you are not 12 ... ... ... or maybe you are .. anyhow that is irrellevant ... Do you just want someone to say hey 12 year old ... Why are you in here ? LoL ... Use that reverse Psychology that works good ... Kids are best at it huh ?

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I am 21 years old ... and I consider myself very very immature ... Especially when it comes to knowledge. .... but that doesn't

top topics

<<   2 >>

join