It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SARS From Space?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Hey i was looking about n found dis article
www.space.com...

States Sars could have come from space, which got me thinking isnt a virus a organism? very small one but it is still a cell if i rember my Science class

N if so wouldnt that kinda support alien life forms of some kind?
I honestly belive its a load of bull n Chandra Wickramasinghe just wanted to get abit of a reputation

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Viruses are actually much simpler than a single cell organism. Virus is essentially DNA debris that have enough information ecoded to hijack a host cells replication machinery if it is ever absorbed by a host cell.

I find it interesting that this person tried to pass this story off to a tabloid and not to any respectable science news organization. I wonder if she was "compensated" for her story?

Also, if, as she insinuated, this virus was delivered in the high atmosphere, it would be popping up all around the world. China seems to be a well defined nucleus for SARS activity.

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Maybe the alien's don't like the chinese ... Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Nuff said, maybe all the chinese food causes a back-up reaction, when all of them fart at once, and collect together, they form viral strains...never know..there are like 2 billion on them there....

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join