It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone seeing these UFOs in Coventry, England.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Love to sky watch while having my cigarette especially on clear nights like this. Anyway I've never seen so many strange lights in the sky at once. I only managed to get one of them on camera as its pitch black and it was quite bright enough for my awful camera to pick up. The one I got kept going back and forwards like 3 times before I thought I better tape this. It definitely wasn't a plane, which brought me to a helicopter but it made no noise and didn't behave like one. There was no search light and it really didn't look like one it wasn't flashing like they should. Then there were many more solid white lights flying over, maybe they were satellites because they were going awfully fast but then faded out. Is anyone else seeing anything in Coventry or England?

Video:

Some info - ignore orange light just next door window, looks like its flashing but it's just going behind trees as you can see it turns to solid light near end. Bit shaky as I had to keep moving to see it before it went behind house.

Haven't been on ATS recently, has there been a increase of UFO sightings? I seem to be seeing more and more!

edit on 20/8/2012 by DeyTookErJeobs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I only live 7 miles away from you and I saw what I thought to be about 5 or 6 chinese lanterns about an hour ago heading up to your direction. I am not saying the lanterns what I saw are what you are seeing but I think it is a possibilty.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by squizzy

Don't think there lanterns as there not orange and I've let a few of before and it didn't look like one, going to go back out and see if there's anymore!

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I recorded the same activity night after night in the summer of 2011 in South Birmingham, I kept a hand written diary too, sometimes there would be over 30 strange craft in the sky at once, Many people from round the area reported LOTS of strange things, including daytime UFO's, 3 Observed by my self.. Also a shape shifting craft at night..

We had to get BUFOG involved and everything... keep your eyes peeled, watch again tomorrow night, or continue tonight if its clear, remain vigilant, and ill bet you a fiva you see more strange stuff.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Sorry, I know its not much help, but I've been watching the skies over Pembrokeshire west Wales for the last 30 minutes and seen nothing unusual. But if you see anything heading west, I'll keep am eye out.

Happy UFO hunting mate.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Yeah definitely keeping a eye out, been clear skies for past few nights now, never seen so many stars!

And UFOs

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I'm in Upper Stoke, just been out to check. Well that's strange, could see two white and one red light pulsing very quickly. Watched them through binoculars travel from North West towards the East they were just above the level of the handle of the Great Bear/Plough/Dipper. I'm thinking .... Aircraft lights as they come in line with the star Capella in Auriga when they do a literal sharp turn and start heading almost due North in the direction of Bedworth. I'm assuming it has to be a helicopter however, couldn't hear any engine noise at all. The other thing that struck me was, no visible green light on it either.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

Similar to me, no noise, no flashing green or red lights, just white lights whizzing around
Keep your eyes on the skies

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
If somebody who really knows their stuff on this particular topic could explain this to me, I'd really love to know for future reference. I've used Google street view to give a track for the lights I saw last night. Let me say straight out, there were never more than three visible, two white one red, the red through binoculars was clearly defined as a large "lens" the two white lights were far smaller and not fully resolved in detail even through the binoculars. At no time was there any sign of a green light , which leads to me believe, even without the manoeuvre it pulled off it, wasn't an aircraft rather, a helicopter.

I have seen, down the years, all sorts of lights in the sky, I have however, never seen lights so bright, pull off this particular manoeuvre

How does, even a helicopter, appear to go from travelling East to North North West in a second? I mean, I even did a double take and made sure I wasn't seeing another object that just happened to cross in front of the first however, no, it was the same object pulled off the turn in the picture in less than a second. Is there some sort of strange "line of sight" visual trick going on here that I simply haven't seen before? I mean this object pulled a greater than 90 degree turn in less than a second, anything with wings would surely have ripped them off, so it has to be a helicopter doesn't it?

It strikes me that, I was seeing it going through some sort of "banking curve" and that gave a false impression only and this is the kicker that has me scratching my head, the lights remained in the same relative positions as it turned and flew North North West to that they had displayed as it was travelling East. That is, the larger red light central with a smaller white light left and very slightly lower and the other white light, right and slightly higher.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
In the second half of the video you can see standard aircraft lighting.

Both red/green fixed navigation on wings, red anti collision and white navigation on fuselage are clear in various frames.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

I saw the thing with my own eyes, no green or red lights what's so ever, do you really thing I would sit there and record a plane?

Posting specs to a plane doesn't make you right either, no where in the video can you see plane lights, neither did any of the other objects I saw

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

I have watched the video twice now full screen and i cannot see any aircraft lights.
Also about half way through there seems to be several flickering light around the main object.......strange

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DeyTookErJeobs

I have been seeing these too, I live just slightly north of you in Sheffield and like you sneak outside for a ciggy and watch the stars at night. lol I don't miss that much.

It looks like you were seeing a similar light orb to the one I caught a few days earlier just flying west to east across the city quite low which b-lined directly over my bungalow. Definitely NOT a plane, a star or a meteor etc. Now in 1997 I had a very up close experience with one of these light orbs which I why I first stumbled on ATS. The Thread

So I was glad to have had my mobile phone to hand the other night when this orb decided to do a fly by! lol So I shall post my video and you can take a look and compare notes. On the zoom out the orb seems a lot smaller that it actually looked to the naked eye, however when I zoom in you could see it much better than the naked eye and you could see the pretty colours it was pulsating around the edges too. Then it gets smaller as it goes further east and out of view in the distance.
I apologise in advance for the shaky cam, I have arthritis in my hands.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by catgtr33

Good video
Mine wasn't as colorful as that but definitely the same shape and behavior. There just seems to be a lot more sightings lately like the thread about UFOs in NYC. I'll be out again tonight

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dashdespatch

Wow!

Just saw them as well flickering around the main object, just like the others i saw flying around! Somethings up

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch

I have watched the video twice now full screen and i cannot see any aircraft lights.
Also about half way through there seems to be several flickering light around the main object.......strange

I watched it on a full sized monitor at 1080P as well, the lights are white, red and green.

I'll post a sequential screen capture if anyone insists but they are there.. fixed white, fixed red, fixed green that is obscured at times as the plane is travelling left to right in the video and the green nav light is on the left wing and flashing red.

Remember that the video was taken from a distance from an unstable camera that wasn't made to capture distant specks of dim light with great fidelity then the data was compressed and uploaded to youtube where it is getting replayed at a maximum of 1080P.

There are thousands of airplanes flying over the UK every night that use the worldwide industry standard of red,green and white navigation lights.

Sorry OP, in all probability you recorded an airplane. If I knew your approximate geographic location to within a couple of miles, the time of night and direction you were facing I could probably even give you the flight number.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I must be getting old ! The thing that comes in from the left looks like a door handle to me ?
Are we watching a light beyond the door maybe on a freezer or wall socket ?
When the camera jerks they both jerk exactly in unison !

Just an opinion but hey what do I know ?

Peace

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DeyTookErJeobs

I am out every night as I don't smoke in the house! lol 'Dirty habbit'

But all these jokers trying to claim they're aeroplanes! DeyTookErJeobs & I can tell the difference between an aeroplane at any altitude and distance flying over, due to the lighting and sound, be it during or slightly afterwards depending on how high or low the plane is travelling, and the difference between an orb of white light that looks like a very low flying star when it's quite high up, but when it's closer you can see that it is a ball of white light pulsating the colours of the rainbow around it's edges and not making any engine sound whatsoever. Please explain how we could possibly get the two confused? Please give me a break I've been chasing these orbs since 1997! Even air traffic control admit they see and report at least one a month in the U.K alone.
Take a listen!

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ProRipp

If you read the topic you would see that was my next door neighbors window

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Maybe if your read the topic you would see that this was like the 4th time it came across, why would a plane do this? Also I have perfect vision and saw many planes of in the distance barely noticeable but knew they were planes because of the green and red lights. This object however was white and stayed white, maybe your seeing green because of my poor camera.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join