It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i am the owl

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
i know i know i know!
the owl is everywhere.
its every where. from the dollar bill to ........
but why?
all seeing i suppose .
i'm a bit of a conspiracy guy,but not too fanatical. but the owl is everywhere. why?!
even if ya dont like the music,watch the video. its very enlightening!
i'm a DK fan so im partial,but the message is clear!
please feel free to respond
peace

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Many think it is Molech.

My strong opinion is that the owl is an homage to Minerva, the roman goddess of war.
As her symbol throughout the centuries has been the Owl.

Minerva (Etruscan: Menrva) was the Roman goddess whom Romans from the 2nd century BC onwards equated with the Greek goddess Athena. She was the virgin goddess of poetry, medicine, wisdom, commerce, weaving, crafts, magic.[1] She is often depicted with her sacred creature, an owl usually named as the "owl of Minerva",[2] which symbolizes her ties to wisdom.

en.wikipedia.org...

War is in the link. They just don't go right out and say it. Gotta cover all the bases: Medicine = Pharma, Wisdom = Universities, Commerce = your dirty little dollar bill, weaving/craft/magic = Holly Wood.
edit on 18-8-2012 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

cool , thanx. i know of minerva, but i still wonder why~!!!!
WHY!!!

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Because symbols rule our world. It's a way of containing information, sometimes occult(aka hidden).

If you look closely, you'll find them everywhere. Down to our very language, every word derives from an older word to a level that we hardly understand the root meanings of the words we use every day.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

i know what you mean! i'm a bit of an etymological buff and the root meanings of english words fascinates me!

O.E. ule, from P.Gmc. *uwwalon (cf. Du. uil, O.H.G. uwila, Ger. Eule, O.N. ugla), a dim. of root *uwwa, which is imitative of an owl's hoot (cf. L. ulula "owl;" cf. also ululation). The bird was employed proverbially and figuratively in reference to nocturnal habits, ugliness, and appearance of gravity and wisdom (often ironic).

oddly enough,my totem animal is the raven/crow! an ill omen!

O.E. hræfn (Mercian), hrefn; hræfn (Northumbrian, W.Saxon), from P.Gmc. *khrabanas (cf. O.N. hrafn, Dan. ravn, Du. raaf, O.H.G. hraban, Ger. Rabe "raven," O.E. hroc "rook"), from PIE root *qer-, *qor-, imitative of harsh sounds (cf. L. crepare "to creak, clatter," cornix "crow," corvus "raven;" Gk. korax "raven," korone "crow;" O.C.S. kruku "raven;" Lith. krauklys "crow"). The common raven is easily tamed, but is mischievous and thievish, and has been popularly regarded as a bird of evil omen and mysterious character. [OED] O.E. also used hræmn, hremm. The raven standard was the flag of the Danish Vikings. ravening Look up ravening at Dictionary.com

go figure eh!

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

A Owl?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
The Owl=A common archetypal symbol=Wisdom & Mystery...

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Mysteries in ancient Greece used the owl symbolism as well.
I'm surprised there's no mention about it in the wikipedia article.
But at least since then, it has been associated with wisdom, mysticism and mystery (both terms come directly from the original mysteries).

As ThinkingCap said, lots of people tie it with Molech, which doesn't make much sense since it is usually represented as a bull. I guess it's probably Bohemian's Groove fault.

Hail Eris!

top topics

join