It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush doing the double speek thing????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
George Bush Yesterday:

"Our goal is not to reduce terror to some acceptable level of nuisance," Bush said. "Our goal is to defeat terror by staying on the offensive, destroying terrorist networks and spreading freedom and liberty around the world."

George Bush on August 31st:

"I don't think you can win it, but I think you can create conditions so that those who use terror as a tool are less acceptable in parts of the world," Bush told NBC's "Today" show. "Let's put it that way. I have a two-prong strategy. On the one hand, it's to find them before they hurt us. And that's necessary. I'm telling you. It's necessary."

Which equates to what Kerry said yesterday:

"Democratic challenger John Kerry on Monday, saying the Massachusetts senator would prefer to reduce terror to an "acceptable level" rather than eradicate it."

So what is the president saying??? Can you explain how he says you can win the war on terror and also says you can't? Can you explain how the president says you can't win the war on terror but you can make it hard for terrorist which equates to being just a nuisance to the U.S.?

IMHO the President speak with a forked tongue!

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I don't think you can win it, but I think you can create conditions so that those who use terror as a tool are less acceptable in parts of the world,"

I think what he is saying is that currently some societies believe that terrorism is a perfectly natural, normal and acceptable way to deal with conflict. Bush is saying that he wants those societies to see that terrorism is NOT an acceptable way to deal with conflict. Bush is talking about changing the mind set in certain societies. Totally different than what Kerry said.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
George Bush Yesterday:

"Our goal is not to reduce terror to some acceptable level of nuisance," Bush said. "Our goal is to defeat terror by staying on the offensive, destroying terrorist networks and spreading freedom and liberty around the world."

George Bush on August 31st:

"I don't think you can win it, but I think you can create conditions so that those who use terror as a tool are less acceptable in parts of the world," Bush told NBC's "Today" show. "Let's put it that way. I have a two-prong strategy. On the one hand, it's to find them before they hurt us. And that's necessary. I'm telling you. It's necessary."

Wow, in a court of law for the normal citizen this would be purjury, read the above statements again and tell me how you took the truth and spun it into the bucket of crap that you came up with.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
george is a double talker

he calls Kerry wishy-washy when he is really wishy-wahsy

when Kerry said that he(Kerry) made a mistake in speak while georgie made a mistake in judgement he was right

Kerry sometimes slips up okay so what?

but busch makes really bad choices

as president what has he done

here i'll tell u cut taxes(good) spent money and made the decipt huge(bad) and then goes to war to whip some country into shape because he wants to(refused UN intervention) and allows Americian lives to be killed daily(the worst)

what president has been worse?

he makes me sick

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
of the President. Want to watch the bastard sweat a little? It's going to happen, will cause him to choke the rest of the night. Just watch...

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
will be asking this question on what he mean't by both statements. Kerry will have a rebuttal.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Wow, in a court of law for the normal citizen this would be purjury, read the above statements again and tell me how you took the truth and spun it into the bucket of crap that you came up with

Sorry, I'm not following you. I didn't spin it into a 'bucket of crap'. I told you what came into my mind when I read it. I don't believe either of these things were said in a court of law so I'm not sure where the purjury thing is coming from but hopefully rather than just attack my point of you, you will be kind enough to explain yours.

Jemison

top topics

join