It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheists Taxed For Not Going To Church?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Consulting the "People for the American Way" for reliable information about the frontman for the "American Family Association" is like trying to figure out Mitt Romney's tax returns from Joe Biden's press releases.

Apparently, Fischer reported on Thursday July 5 what a listener had posted at the online comments site for the Fischer show. The poster's point was that the logic of the Supreme Court opinion, that Congress can use its taxing power to impose a de facto mandate which it lacks authority to mandate directly, was faulty. The same faulty logic might be applied to work around other Constitutional limitations on federal power. For example, the Establishment Clause.

Allen West, a Republican Congressman from Florida, had already spun the hypothetical of a tax on non-owners of 9mm Glocks, earlier in the week

www.opposingviews.com...

Meh, cut the intro part where Fischer explains he is responding to somebody else's comment, and voila! You change the point of the clip.

So, two questions. First, what conspiracy do you see here? Second, since the point of the comment was to criticize the SCOTUS healthcare decision, and was an offered as an ironic example of faulty legal reasoning, rather than a policy prescription, why is it in the religion section? Because somebody said the A-word during the Obamacare debate?
-
edit on 17-8-2012 by eight bits because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I say this.. if we're going to consider taxing atheists for not going to church, why stop there?

Tax fat people for eating cheeseburgers
Tax smokers for smoking
Tax soda drinkers for excess sugar
Tax ATS'ers for excess conspiracy
Tax rap lovers for not listening to metal
Tax metal lovers for not listening to rap =)

The bottom line is that we're comparing a fundamental need ( healthcare ) vs a preference/personal choice..

I know a lot of people think healthcare should be a choice.. and a friend of mine thought that way too until she was in an auto accident and now $34,000 in debt all to save her a minor monthly payment for health insurance... she sings a different tune now days..

Healthcare seems like a nagging thing to many until they actually need it ... Obamacare only "taxes" you if you can afford it and opt not to use it so that it can use those funds to help those that NEED it and cannot afford it.. I personally agree with that idea... if I have the money and can spare it, I would gladly use it to help those in my community.. and I do
edit on 8/17/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Duplicate post for some odd reason, only clicked submit once.. no clue why that happened!

Mods - delete =)
edit on 8/17/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I know they exist but it's just hard to imagine that people can be so brainwashed. Why are so many Christian leaders so hateful?

Don't believe that crap RS.Tele-preachers aren't by any means brainwashed. They know exactly what they are doing. Fleecing the sheep. Most of them are as evil as the Devil they talk about. And many of them don't believe in the Christian God either.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by eight bits

He was comparing Obamacare while being serious about taxing atheists. if you look at all his other crazy views, it is apparent that he is a Christian nutcase. It's in the religion section because its talking about mandating church.

His other views;

It's very clear that the Founding Fathers did not intend to preserve automatically religious liberty for non-Christian faiths."[16]

Fischer strongly believes that sexual orientation is "always, always, always a matter of choice," and strongly opposes what he calls the "morally and intellectually bankrupt theory of evolution.

On April 20, Fischer attacked (Republican Party presidential candidate) Mitt Romney's national security spokesman Richard Grenell for being openly gay

Fischer as saying that President Barack Obama "despises the constitution, ... nurtures a hatred for the white man",

In 2012, as jury selection was to begin in a trial on charges of kidnapping of a lesbian couple's daughter, Fischer wrote on Twitter in support of kidnapping of children from same-sex households and smuggling them to what he calls "normal" homes

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Well I'm Christian and so far I don't believe in anything he's said in any of these videos.

He's probably just a nutcase that says inflammatory stuff to get an audience. But see it's easy for a Christian to say that and dodge the problem right? Oh he's not a real Christian right? Well what if he is?

That doesn't solve the problem. There's still a problem. See, while it's true he may just be saying crap to work up an audience. The problem is, IT WORKS! It actually does work up an audience that listens to that crap. So I mean there's no dodging that problem.

Maybe it is time for individuals to stop to reading the Bible on their own. Seems people can't handle it anymore and just pull out what they want and miss the parts they don't, like the love the sinner part.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
There is evidence that suggests that people who go to social events seem to live longer. They aren't sure of the exact reason yet but are pretty sure it is true. It could be because the histamine reactions of the perfumes cause the body to fight cancer or it could be because of attitude improvements. It could be because these people are constantly using the chemicals of their immune system so the levels don't get too high. In any case, this perception is real for some reason.

It doesn't have to be be a church though. I suppose those who are religious twist this information to meet their desired way of thinking. Going to festivals and gatherings like October fests and other local events is just as good. Although it is evident that the church services is a viable way, so is going for coffee.

This research could also mean that sitting in front of your computer is less healthy than going out and having some fun.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
its no wonder they call these people DEADHEADS have you a sticker on your cadallac ?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
You want healthier, happier people? Work a job you love (so it doesn't feel like work!), stop eating the crap that fast food industries delve out, get some form of exercise and spend quality time with family and friends.

I do that and I feel good, healthy and happy. I also don't go to church.
edit on 17-8-2012 by texasgirl because: misspelled some words

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Going to church is going to drag your health down if you hate it. Just like working a job you hate, it will stress you out. I'm calling b.s. on this article. Forcing people do something they do not want isn't going to help the issue and that is not our way. Jesus forbid such things and you can't force someone to believe. The only people who can come to him are those the Holy Spirit draws to him. Absolutely not.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
You can lead a horse to water ...... but you can't make him believe in God.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Why are so many Christian leaders so hateful? How can one even be truly free while believing in religion? It is really just a form of mind control.

Religion is a VERY effective form of mind control used by those in control of the world...

What if I were to tell you, that there is a vast Satanic conspiracy to deceive the masses of every society on earth? What if I were to tell you that the top leaders of the world’s religions were in league with the Devil? Would you think I’m crazy? I would! Yet, the truth is stranger than fiction! You have been lied to my friend. Few people in the world today are aware of just how much Satan has infiltrated organized religion. Link

"Every major religion in the world has been manufactured or infiltrated by the Illuminati to enslave and brainwash society. In essence, religion was the first form of mind control. The indoctrination of the masses by a "Trojan Horse" false religion has allowed the Illuminati to take control and work in secret for many, many years." Link

OPUS DEI-- War on Protestantism

The Vatican has infiltrated, or neutered and spayed, virtually every denomination and organization in Christendom. Various means have been used, but Opus Dei has played a major role in this.

Virtually 100% of the world's seminaries are in the pocket of the Roman Whore in that they use her Bible via the Alexandrian Gnostic Greek texts.

I am fully persuaded that Opus Dei and the Jesuits have already planted many of their agents in Baptist and Fundamental churches and schools.

I am convinced that many Fundamental Baptist churches are NOW pastored by Jesuits and Opus Dei agents. Many deacons and Sunday School teachers are now inside the Baptist movement teaching doctrines of Rome. You need to read the following articles so that you can watch for the signs that you too have an hireling planted in your church by the Vatican.

OPUS DEI-- War on Protestantism

"90% of the Southern Baptist hierarchy are Freemasons. There is also a high percentage of Christian leadership from the Lutheran and United Methodist churches are Masons. This would explain why Ecumenism has spread so easily. ...the goal is to infiltrate it with their compromising philosophies and attempt to destroy the Church from within."

Infiltration of Freemasonry

"Today the religions of the world remain a major tool of the Illuminati agenda. They maintain the climate of unquestioning, unthinking, ignorance, and their pseudo-morality provides a veil of hypocrisy, behind which the most sickening abuse of children can be hidden."

"Some of the most famous church "leaders" and evangelists on the planet are Illuminati operatives who use religion to manipulate and brain-wash their followers while engaging in Satanic rituals that beggar belief."

"But the mass of unthinking followers in any religion are merely the fodder and the screen behind which the real business goes on." Link

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Are there rules at your work that "dictate" how you act?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Virtually 100% of the world's seminaries are in the pocket of the Roman Whore in that they use her Bible via the Alexandrian Gnostic Greek texts

That's why when i was called to ministry i refused to go to seminary school. People who go there get brainwashed into all thinking the same thing, teaching the same way. I'd rather walk by what i was given, not what someone sells me.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Sounds just like public schools.
We are conditioned from the day we are born.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Yeah, we could force everyone to go to church and pray to God that He will end disease and hunger, or, we could just tax churches. That would give us enough money to pay for health care for everyone in the US, and feed every hungry child in the US.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Sounds just like public schools.
We are conditioned from the day we are born.

It is, very much like it. It's also like prison. Indoctrination and institutionalization. There's been a rise in people who go to seminary to go to school to became preachers but they don't believe, to them it's just a career. My mother-in-law's church just fired their preacher because he was stealing his sermons off an internet radio show because he didn't have the Holy Spirit ministering to him so he couldn't write his own sermons. One of the congregation who listened to the same show figured it out after listening to his sermon's several times. Career preachers are what theyre called. People who are not called to ministry but are just using it to fleece churches. He would never help at fund raisers or church activities either. The type of people wearing Rolexes to church and his wife decked out in diamonds and sapphires showing that bling. They had Mammon written all over them and that church started dying. My wife's cousin who is a preacher called to minster, he took over after they fired the last guy and people returned.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

Because thats worked for the last 2 thousand odd years. Behind the Crown in the UK the Church is the single biggest real estate holder. That should tell you all you need to know about how caring they are
edit on 15/09/2011 by FFS4000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
It would be wise for you all to realize that what this man is preaching is going to manifest.

For those who are not believers in Jesus Christ, you will see if you don't already.

For those who are believers in Jesus Christ, know you not the world in which we live? Have you not discerned it yet; has the Spirit not revealed to you yet? If it has not been revealed to you yet (and even if you are not well versed in prophecy, though that is not everyone's calling, but Paul literally commands that we pray for it), then at the very least do a little bit of searching. You will find that what this man is pushing for (and all self-proclaimed Christians that are actually wolves in sheep clothing) is inevitable before the time of the Lord's true reign.

Most self-proclaimed Christians (those that are NOT the "elect"), and most of the rest of the world that survives, will be completely behind this ideal. There will be a false messiah figure who rules by means of a religious government. This false messiah figure will "unite" the world religions into a unifying religion. If you need help finding out what this religion will be, I will only remind those that do not know that the word "catholic" literally means "universal". As well, the catholic religion is still the main, if not the only religion, that claims its leader is a "living god". I refer you to the title of the pope, "Vicarius Filii Dei" - latin for "the vicar of the Son of God" or "the one who is in the place of the Son of God".

Yes, those who refuse to go to church will be taxed, and even worse. And it won't be atheists that refuse to go to church in the long run because they will be on board with the policies that implement eventually... but at the same time there will be fewer atheists because most of the atheists that exist today do not believe in Jesus Christ mainly because of the attitude of those claiming to be Christians. Whenever an atheist comes to truly know Christ, they start to realize that most of what they already hold moral and valuable are standards and wisdom that are from God - but they couldn't see it because of their prejudice against God because of the people who claim Him as their Father.

No, it will be the true followers of Christ that will be taxed and punished for not going to church - because church is a state organization these days and it will be more-so very soon. Seek you the 501(c)3 tax status and you will find that those with the exemption are actually government entities.

For those that are part of a church body, be wary. There are varying degrees of intensity with the wolves. There are also varying degrees of intensity for the wool which they shave off the sheep to pull over your eyes.

As well, understand that I am not demonizing catholic people or protestant people. No, on the contrary, I am warning you all specifically that your leaders have been leading you down a deep dark path. I am sure there are followers of Christ that are in many of these bodies..... but pretty soon you will need to get out of that body. You don't have much more time to convert the people within your church bodies TRULY to Christ.

The surest way to ensure that is to not be blinded and fooled by the stresses of politics. It's all just a silly game and it is pointless to debate or even consider it. If you have been on this site long enough, you should understand that the banks control the government; not your "politicians" whose only job is to play polite with the people they want backing them. It is simply more divide and conquer strategy; and this strategy should not be working on the elect.

It should also be noted that, while we should be remembering the Sabbath day to keep it holy, that we should also not be Pharisaical about the law. Remember Jesus Christ is our rest. The Sabbath day is a day that the Lord created to remind us of our rest - and to foreshadow the Last Day, the Day that our rest arrives. If you have been too hard on yourself for the Sabbath day, remember that there is no rest in this world yet. Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy, but do not kill yourselves over it. I was making that mistake as well. I still actually become nervous about going and doing things on the Sabbath. But at the same time, be careful not to become carried away that you forget the day that He made for us! It is a commandment to Remember the Sabbath day, and we should DO IT. That means Friday night sundown until Saturday night sundown for you catholics and protestants who believe that we are supposed to worship on Sunday. Wrong. You're not obeying God; you're obeying a rule the catholic church made ages ago.

That being said, continue to go to your church bodies if the Lord has so led you. If we were to pretend as if we were perfect, then there are so many that must be saved that we would lose because we segregated ourselves from a world that needs saving. If we were to separate, why did Jesus enter the world of sin?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join