It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Ryan Over-Vetted, Obama/Biden Free Pass?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Originally posted by FlyersFan
If he had been ... he wouldn't be in office today.

If he HADN'T been, he wouldn't be in office today. And he certainly wouldn't be looking at the possibility of another term. He was the most scrutinized presidential candidate and president in recent history.

Hey, do you know ANYTHING about Ann's college thesis? Do you even care? Do you know what church they attend or what the philosophy is? Have you dug into Mormonism and examined minute details of their belief system? Have you read any books of Mitt's? Is this site poring through his books, looking for indications of chicanery? Have you seen Mitt's or Ryan's birth certificate? I mean the "real one"? Is there a seal? Has anyone downloaded their birth certificates and magnified the borders to see if they align? Do you know the name of the registrar listed on either one - or the doctor or the hospital? Do you know every location Mitt lived in, all his life? Have you seen his college transcripts? Know his social security number? Does it "match" the state he lived in? Did you know his father was born in a different country?
Have there been ANY discussions of Mitt being gay, a Muslim, a snake-handler, a foreigner or belonging to Fred Phelps' church? Have you examined any of their family trees back 5 generations? Do you know how they both voted on every issue since they've entered into the political arena? Who they ran against or how they won or lost? Are you curious how either of them got into politics? Do you know who they have "palled around with" to get where they are? In whose living room did their political careers begin? Has anyone suggested that Mitt is actually married to more than one woman? (It's his religion, you know...) or that he didn't actually write his own books? And most importantly... IS Paul Ryan GAY????

When we start seeing threads and blog articles that even APPROACH the scrutiny that was brought down on Obama, I'll back off. But for anyone to claim that Ryan is being over-vetted compared to Obama, is just ludicrous.

I know Paul Ryan's body fat and that he drove a car with a dog on top. Or was that Mitt? I guess both of them did. I haven't seen any threads questioning Mitt's or Ryan's birth certificates or college transcripts or ANY of the crap above.

I dare say that if Obama REFUSED to show ANYTHING personal, whether it be his birth certificate or tax returns, people on this site would be BALLISTIC! (And I mean more than they already are).

No, OP. Paul Ryan is not being over-vetted. He's being vetted, as he should be.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Because Rev Wright scandal was all over the news from what I remember.

.. and yet racist Obama got a free pass because when ever anyone brought up Rev. Wright it was glossed over ... and people were called racist for not allowing Obama to be in a black liberation theology cult.

Originally posted by spoor
Why do people keep bringing this lie up? Care to show us exactly why yanks were not supposed to be going to Pakistan?

:shk: It's not a lie. He admits he traveled there for three weeks in 1981 when the US Dept had many travel warnings not to go there AND the country was at war. He COULD travel (he wasn't stopped) .. but why would any college kid go into a war zone for three weeks for a vacation?

What missing documents?

What citizenship did he check off when he got a free ride for college?

Yes he was, and that is why he is the legal POTUS.... a fact that you hate!

- No he wasn't vetted properly. Everyone walked on eggshells with him or else they were falsely called 'racist. It happened (and still happens) here all the time. It's obnoxious.
- Yes I hate that he's in office. He isn't qualified. I also hate that in 2012 we'll have either Obama or Romney. Same/same. Neither are qualified. 40 points that prove Obama and Romney are exactly the same .

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
If he HADN'T been, he wouldn't be in office today.

If he HAD been, he wouldn't be in office today.

He was the most scrutinized presidential candidate and president in recent history.

In your opinion. A large percent of the population disagrees with your opinion.

Hey, do you know ANYTHING about Ann's college thesis?

Nope. But if someone finds out it's a racist piece of crap like Michelle Obama's .. let us know.

Do you even care?

Nope.

Do you know what church they attend or what the philosophy is?

Yep. And it's silly ... and just like Palins church (that thinks the world is 6,000 years old), I think Romney's belief system reflects bad judgement and such bad judgement shows poorly on his ability to be POTUS. Ditto Obama's 'black liberation theology' cult in Chicago. It's racist and shows poorly on his ability to be POTUS (Holder and the shinanigans of Obama's DOJ prove that to be true).

etc etc etc I won't go down all of them .. you get the idea.

When we start seeing threads and blog articles that even APPROACH the scrutiny that was brought down on Obama, I'll back off.

I don't think you would back off defending your guy and I think you've forgotten all the Bush43 threads/discussions that went on at the same level. But whatever. Obama has been in the spotlight MUCH longer than Romney so he's been discussed longer. Romney doesn't have a chance of winning. I think people are just ignoring him. He's a wanna-be ... not even a 'has-been'.

edit on 8/17/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
This election should not be about birth certificates, tax returns, college records, racism, etc. It should be and will become a REFERENDUM ON THE ECONOMY AND HOW PRESIDENT OBAMA HANDLED IT.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by RELDDIR
It should be and will become a REFERENDUM ON THE ECONOMY AND HOW PRESIDENT OBAMA HANDLED IT.

It should be .. but it won't be. If it were a referendom on the economy then Obama wouldn't be re-elected and Romney wouldn't be in office either. There isn't much daylight between Obama and Romney.

40 Points that Prove Obama and Romney are Exactly The Same

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

As long as that referendum includes discussion about how our economic situation and troubles predated Obamas term and the true causes - that are mind numbing and complex and some of which have their roots decades before the collapse.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

This election should not be about birth certificates, tax returns, college records, racism, etc.

NO election should be about that crap... But it will be. It will be about dogs on cars vs. eating dog, withheld tax returns vs withheld college grades, past employment vs past relationships, name-calling, exaggerations and innuendo on both sides. Just like the last one. SADLY, the people who run the campaigns aren't interested in presenting the real issues. They're only interested in tearing their opponent down and making a touchdown in the final quarter. They want to WIN. That's all. It's their first, last and only concern.

It should be and will become a REFERENDUM ON THE ECONOMY AND HOW PRESIDENT OBAMA HANDLED IT.

Sorry. I agree with you, it should be about political issues. but it won't. Romney hasn't even said what his plans are. We're just supposed to "trust him".

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

This election should not be about birth certificates, tax returns, college records, racism, etc. It should be and will become a REFERENDUM ON THE ECONOMY AND HOW PRESIDENT OBAMA HANDLED IT.

Also you have to investigate the other people running for office.

When a business has a lousy employee, they don't just hire anyone to replace them. They try to vet the new hires to ensure they are the best candidate for the job. This includes their past education and work experience. This may also include criminal record, financial history, group memberships, and relationships if the job requires a security clearance.

So, yes, you should vote based on the economy, but you have to inquire if the presidents opponents will improve the situation or make it worst.

SM2

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

Originally posted by chapterhouse
I WANT TO SEE THE RAISED SEAL BIRTH CERTIFATE OR HE WAS NEVER VETTED PROPERLY PERIOD!!!!!

www.factcheck.org...

now will you agree that he was vetted properly?

No, I will not agree that he has been vetted properly. Posting links to factcheck.org to provide proof is just ridiculous. It's like asking Karl Rove if Bush ever broke the law. Factcheck is owned by Annenberg Public Policy Center. Which is a decidedly leftist group. Annenberg Public Policy Center also started the Chicago Annenberg challenge, in which Obama and Bill Ayers were members of the board. The director of Annenberg Public Policy Center wrote a book criticizing right wing radio personalities and another one championing Obama's victory. So really, Factcheck.org is just another in the tank Obama press office.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Versus Mitt Romney having a racist religion (Mormonism) is never even mentioned?Their whole theology is that blacks are spawns of the devil. He was 30 years old when he Mormon church was still openly discriminating against blacks in 1978. He clearly supported an openly racist organization and still does.

In 1995, black church member A. David Jackson asked church leaders to issue a declaration repudiating past doctrines that treated black people as inferior. In particular, Jackson asked the church to disavow the 1949 "Negro Question" declaration from the church Presidency which stated "The attitude of the church with reference to negroes ... is not a matter of the declaration of a policy but of direct commandment from the Lord ... to the effect that negroes ... are not entitled to the priesthood...".

The church leadership did not issue a repudiation, and so in 1997 Jackson, aided by other church members including Armand Mauss, sent a second request to church leaders, which stated that white Mormons felt that the 1978 revelation resolved everything, but that black Mormons react differently when they learn the details. He said that many black Mormons become discouraged and leave the church or become inactive. "When they find out about this, they exit... You end up with the passive African Americans in the church".[52]

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I will heed the warnings and not take them personal. My intelligence tells me ATS has a business to run... So there's a conspiracy to oust me. J/K! It makes good sense, my guess is that they have a new POLITICAL SITE coming out. www.unpartial.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
UNTIL THEN, LET THE FIGHTS CONTINUE!

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Versus Mitt Romney having a racist religion (Mormonism) is never even mentioned?Their whole theology is that blacks are spawns of the devil.

Not true. That isn't their 'whole theology' and it isn't even part of their theology. It WAS - decades ago - but it isn't now and hasn't been for 35 years.

He was 30 years old when he Mormon church was still openly discriminating against blacks in 1978.

The LDS dumped the racist theology in 1978. that was 35 years ago. On the other hand, Obama was still a member of the racist black liberation theology cult in Chicago and only 'semi-parted' with them at election time. He semi-parted ... he said he was leaving the group for their sake ... he didn't say because he was leaving because they were wrong .. just leaving for their sake. It isn't the Mormons who say that a racial group are 'devils' ... it's Obama's black liberation theology cult that hugs Malcolm X and he is the one who says that whites are 'devils'.

He clearly supported an openly racist organization and still does.

Clearly? Show how the LDS still supports racism and show how Romney is racist. LDS changed their religion 35 years ago removing the 'racist' beliefs. They say those racist beliefs were misinterpreted on their part. Their canonized scripture states racism is wrong.

Meet Utah Mayor Mia Love ... member of the Latter Day Saints (Mormon)

The Republican Party has a rising star in Utah's newly created 4th congressional district: Tea Partier and former Saratoga Springs, Utah mayor Mia Love. If elected, the 36-year-old mother of three will be the GOP's first black female member of Congress.

www.americanthinker.com...

Ask A Mormon What They Believe

.... estimated that there are between 500,000 and 1,000,000 LDS Church members of African descent worldwide.

In 1978, President Spencer W. Kimball announced that in answer to prayer he had come to understand that the priesthood should be made available to all worthy male members of the Church regardless of race or ancestry. This announcement has been canonized as scripture.

In 2006, Church President Gordon B. Hinckley did state over the pulpit at General Conference that racism is unequivocally wrong and totally unacceptable among Church members. His comments were welcomed by African-American Mormons and their allies.

The LDS and Black People - the history
LDS Removes Racial Headings in Book of Mormon

I have no intention of voting for Romney. He's just as bad as Obama. But when it comes to racism in a religious setting, Romney doesn't even come close to Obama's racism.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Just an aside: At least twice I've seen you post statements about Malcolm X and equating it with racism.

After breaking with the Nation of Islam in 1964—saying of his association with it, "I was a zombie then ... pointed in a certain direction and told to march"—and becoming a Sunni Muslim, he disavowed racism and expressed willingness to work with civil rights leaders, though still emphasizing black self-determination and self defense.

Source

There are better examples of racists than those who changed their views and sought atonement.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Realspoke is sitting here spewing the LIE that the whole of Mormon theology is based on blacks being the spawn of the devil. There WAS racism in the Mormon religion but 35 years ago they stated very clearly that the racist beliefs were misinterpretations and that they didnt' buy into them.

If the LDS are supposedly still 'racist' because of a belief that they got rid of 35 years ago (and was never 'the whole of Mormon Theology) then Malcolm X and anyone who follows him is a racist as well, even though Malcolm X actually learned something about his own racial hatreds while on haj and came to regret them.

Same/Same

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

So you're arguing that two wrongs make a right? Or at least "an eye for an eye"?

Let other people dig their own holes with falsehoods and one sided thoughts... those are holes they'll end up falling into all on their own. Don't sink to their level by picking up your own shovel.

I've debated with you in the past and know you can raise that bar!

Just my thoughts as a member ( not as a moderator )

~Heff

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
So you're arguing that two wrongs make a right?

Im trying to show realspoke that if he's going to go around saying that Romney is racist because his religion had racist teachings 35 years ago (but the church has denounced them), then Obama's black liberation theology cult -which hugs Malcolm X teachings - is also racist. If he's going to call Romney out on supposed racism then, using the same standards, he has to say Obama is racist.

If he says Obama isn't racist because of the black liberation theology cult luv'n Malcolm X ... then he has to say that Romney isn't racist because his church denounced racism and racist teachings 35 years ago.

Same/same. See?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join