It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High Definition video of the Mars rover landing - via Mars Descent Orbiter

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Above post should be deleted because I deleted the video on Youtube - 60 or so more frames popped up on the NASA site so I quickly made an updated video.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Argh... Delete me too please.

Sorry.
edit on 8/19/2012 by impaired because: It was a somewhat of a double post.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
That is so rediculous. That might fool the masses but here's one guy who's saying .... Bull Sheat!!! What a joke. There out in Area 51 fooling everyone with the newsest fake mars lander, in otherwords a cheap hollywood prop that they didn't even put a high res camera on, cuz there so cheap that they used old parts to create. meanwhile the billions are already in some offshore account. What a scam.

Sources to back this claim?

I can find hundreds that prove otherwise. Is the Spirit rover rolling around a remote desert too?

If so, please provide some sources for this as well.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MmmPie

Originally posted by r2d246
That is so rediculous. That might fool the masses but here's one guy who's saying .... Bull Sheat!!! What a joke. There out in Area 51 fooling everyone with the newsest fake mars lander, in otherwords a cheap hollywood prop that they didn't even put a high res camera on, cuz there so cheap that they used old parts to create. meanwhile the billions are already in some offshore account. What a scam.

Sources to back this claim?

I can find hundreds that prove otherwise. Is the Spirit rover rolling around a remote desert too?

If so, please provide some sources for this as well.

Thanks in advance.

I'm not TRYING to be offensive here, but that may happen here (not to you - to R2D2 ) Hey! That rhymed!

Anyways, apparently what it comes down to is this: If someone is ignorant to something (doesn't know about it due to not wanting to LEARN), then they will believe the easiest thing for them to believe. I would know because I have been guilty of that myself.

So looking at his grammar and position and delivery (not to be a grammar nazi, but it ties in to my point), he doesn't seem to be interested in learning, so he is taking the easy way out and is therefore in denial because it just seems so "impossible". Plus he is angry - look at his red face-ball blowing out fire! Yowch!

It's hard, don't get me wrong - and there have been more failed missions than successful ones. You would need teams of scientists to do it. The math and the resources are there (wish I could say the same for funding), but it can be done. And it looks like it has.
edit on 8/19/2012 by impaired because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Newest:

850 Frames now!

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Good day sir!

If you feel this is all fake and was done out at Area 51, then you should have no trouble finding this very distinctive feature using google earth:

To give you a head start, I've provided a screen shot of Area 51 itself taken from a similar altitude as we see in the above image (8 kilometers):

As you can see, the feature in the Mars video is quite large and should be easy to spot.

The ball is in your court my good friend, I await your excuses.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaHawk
reply to post by r2d246

Good day sir!

If you feel this is all fake and was done out at Area 51, then you should have no trouble finding this very distinctive feature using google earth:

To give you a head start, I've provided a screen shot of Area 51 itself taken from a similar altitude as we see in the above image (8 kilometers):

As you can see, the feature in the Mars video is quite large and should be easy to spot.

The ball is in your court my good friend, I await your excuses.

While we're at it - look!

The Curiosity rover found life!

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I added audio to this version:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
That must have been quite a ride. Hard to get a good bearing on the transition between falling and the rockets, looks like it slows down REALLY fast unless there is a bunch of missing slides right at that point. I would've assumed it slowed more gradually over a longer time. Interesting and crazy "video" though, they sure did pick one hell of an awesome way to land a rover.

The smoke from the rockets does look sort of weird, maybe that's just because of the downward angle. At first I thought that was thin cloud/dust layers or something.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
That must have been quite a ride. Hard to get a good bearing on the transition between falling and the rockets, looks like it slows down REALLY fast unless there is a bunch of missing slides right at that point. I would've assumed it slowed more gradually over a longer time. Interesting and crazy "video" though, they sure did pick one hell of an awesome way to land a rover.

The smoke from the rockets does look sort of weird, maybe that's just because of the downward angle. At first I thought that was thin cloud/dust layers or something.

The camera (MARDI) took images at 4 frames per second. I upped it to 10 to make it smoother, so it's making it seem quicker.

In all reality, I believe the elapsed time (in real time) for the video should be a little over 8 minutes. Watching it at 4 FPS is extremely jerky, but it's the most accurate.

And yeah they did pick an awesome way to land it and pull it off.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

No rebuttal yet?

Shame...I guess Curiosity really is on Mars then!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Cool Video! Thanks! That was awesome!

I actually found it through google news earlier today via this link!

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by amazing

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Great video! That one wasn't mine but still great (all of our versions of the MARDI landing are awesome - as they are all works in progress).

And I don't know why it says "complete". We are all still missing frames... But one day they will come!
edit on 8/23/2012 by impaired because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

crap! Sorry! LOL I thought that was yours too. I scanned your one here too quickly and just assumed.

My appologies!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

reply to post by impaired

crap! Sorry! LOL I thought that was yours too. I scanned your one here too quickly and just assumed.

My appologies!

Nothing to be sorry about.
I don't care who makes it. I just want to see it.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

www.dailymail.co.uk...

This video is way better than mine. He really brought out the detail nicely and he sped up the fps. Very nice.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join