It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MY little Pony...Innocent show? Or left wing conspiracy to feminize men?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

One of the lab instructors at my college gave a lab report example he typed up, and it was an experiment about "Chemical X" waste's impact on the population of Townsville.
This guy is married and in his 40's and he has a thing for powerpuff girls.

Thought it was an interesting connection

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by yuppa

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I thought it was only 4chan users who liked that show?

Never watched it myself.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
That's kind of like saying that Power Rangers is making little girls more masculine and violent(and develop a love of transforming robots and katana's). Seems kind of silly and yet we can't deny that TV does have an effect on our brains no matter how hard we try not to fall prey to it. Whoever it was that said television is brainwashing us was right. When you think of a serious person you think of the stereotypical boring, OCD type of guy from that one sitcom you watched that one time. You assume that in order to be beautiful you must paint up your face with makeup or get a six pack, because thats what the tv says and it wouldn't lie to you, would it? coughyesitwouldcough

Do I think the show is intentionally making bronies more feminine? No, of course not. It was aimed at little girls and some men probably had to watch it with their little sisters or daughters so many times they finally just admitted "Hey, you know what? This show isn't half bad! Fluttershy is my favorite pony!" Even though it may be a little creepy for grown men to love a little kids show as much as they do, people like what they like.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Not seeing the conspiracy here. I used to watch powerpuff girls. (I liked Buttercup.. she was rugged) and I'm good.

If you ask me they should run all the disney shows from the 90s.

Chip And Dale Rescue Rangers
Tale Spin
Duck Tales
Darkwing Duck
Aladdin the show

Friendly, and they had some of the best theme songs.

Tell me this song doesn't make you move..

"There's a stranger out to FIND YOU.. what you do is grab on to some DUCK TALES! WOOO OOH"

"Not Pony tails or cotton tails oh DUCK TALES"

Memories.
edit on 9-9-2012 by Q2IN2Y because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
About the original post.

I consider myself a bronie as you call it.
But you will never know this if you saw me on the street or some public setting, I think it's only like an internet thing.
I don't know why, but holy # something about these damn ponies... Especially the yellow one.

About the Hasbro click trying to feminize males.
If this was true, it certainly isn't for me. Else I'm just too far gone to accept it.

People who know me would never expect that I like the ponies....
I'm not to much a fan of the show though, I've only watched a few with my 6yo niece since she apparently likes it, and I'll just sit there and secretly enjoy the feeling of numbing my mind from reality for a while, forgetting about all my court dates and people who I wan't to watch drown in ditch full of feces & urine.

In my community (in the real world), I have a record of being perceived as a reckless crotch rocket ass hole, people ask people if they know me and they say "oh, the dirt bike dude", they apparently call me the dirt bike dude because I've put on a few shows around town driving around (with a bandit style bandanna and aviator glasses thing going on) with 2 or 3 local sheriffs deputies following me around, sirens blaring and little 250cc engine screaming in agony. They haven't caught me yet but they know who I am, they call my dad and tell him all about it as if he can do something about everything that he can't afford.

So, I could never imagine myself wearing any of that colorful or show related stuff you see some the bronies wearing. But I don't see anything wrong with liking the characters of the show really, the problem comes around when you just don't give a # and want people to know that you're obsessed with a little girls show. Those kinds of people are probably suffering from some kind of disease that makes you a troll in real life.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I was just for interest's sake going through your list of authored threads when i came to this
Now i know why my 10yo son is always seething:" Death to Bronies,Death to Furries!!!!!!!!"

Good grief..i am South African

People like that would not last 30 minutes in my country,good grief

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join