It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MY little Pony...Innocent show? Or left wing conspiracy to feminize men?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I am sure a few people here have heard the term Bronie before correct? This term is used for Males who are fans of the Show My little pony friendship is magic.
Why though? The show is obviously targeted at girls....Or is it?

If that is the case why do so many Males watch it. Why do the same people get visibly furious when you even say anything slightly negative about it? The answer I propose is its Subliminally re programming males to be more feminine in their thinking.

What better way to soften men's attitudes than with cutesy animals? Please discuss the floor is now yours ATS. (Oh and Mods if this is in the wrong place move it please)

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by yuppa

Please tell me this is a joke thread.

no words found for 2nd line

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

No joke. serious. It really creeps me out and it seems almost conspiratorial to me. The males who watch that ..show are really creepy to me. And its just not in the norm of male brain to watch a girly show is it?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Not a joke.. There is quite a serious problem with 'MyLittlePony' fans. It's a show meant for 7 year old girls.. Yet, you have grown up adults that act like females, its quite disgusting. I've seen a few 'bronies' in real life, it makes me wonder if they have a mental condition.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
reply to post by yuppa

Please tell me this is a joke thread.

no words found for 2nd line

i closed my eyes and wished the same,

i usually avoid such,

"If you can't say nothing nice, don't say nothing a'tall"

but this got me
edit on 17-8-2012 by Darth_Prime because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
In one of my speech classes, one of my classmates did his speech on the culture and the origin of "The Bronies."

It was seriously the must ridiculous and annoying fifteen minutes of my life, just thinking about it makes me wonder - why?

Ugh, anyway, I hiiiighly doubt there is any kind of conspiracy regarding it. I only say that because of the speech I had to listen to.

He even named off all of the ponies. ALL of them. Multiple times, and he re-iterated on it constantly.

It. Was. Hell.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I find it massively creepy. I saw a dude about my age at the grocery store the other day with a hooded sweatshirt he had converted to look like one. Had a mane and tail and ears and a patch on the back with some nonsense. The checker I always joke around with (funny old guy) looked like he was about to punch the guy, and I highly doubt he knew what a brony was.

I thought it was just a troll at first, and that may be how it started, but I have run into a number of people walking around with ridiculousness.

To me it seems like furry meets pedophile.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
There definately is a social engineering program in the works and it's main target is white and black males, the younger, the easier to manipulate.
Just look at how the family unit has been destroyed and they insist on raising our kids.
edit on 17-8-2012 by HamrHeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Does liking this make me a bronie? Maybe an "Apocalypse Bronie"?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I don't think it's much different than grown men who have a soft spot for Disney flicks. Which is pretty common.
The reason they defend it so much is because it's the 'in' thing to love it or hate it. Either reaction is passionate, and no one is in between on their stance.
Sailor moon had a decent sized male fanbase as well.
Frankly I enjoy it because I loved ponies when I was a little girl, and now I like to watch it with my little girl. It really is well written.Better than the one I grew up with. No matter what your personality is like, there's a character you can relate to. Seems most cartoons these days only have 2 personality types. (Dumb and even dumber.)
If you don't really like cartoons at all, then you would simply never understand. Like puns (which is another thing this show is rich with) not everyone can appreciate it. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but I bet it's not as girly as you think it is. (past the color schemes anyway)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Whether you are left wing, right wing, or moderate... if you're a grown man watching My Little Pony - just look away! I've got kids ( older now ) and I know what it's like... They loved Barney videos and they watched them constantly - but I never once paid attention to anything that freaking scary purple dinosaur said.

Just say 'No" to My Little Pony man!!!!

~Heff

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
This thread has been done already, the only difference is the other thread was about bronies in the military who started fan clubs. These "feminine" men are over seas in war zones actually fighting while you sit behind a computer and question their "manliness" LOL, thats funny. Also, this is 2012 not 1950, so all these gender stereotypes need to stop, its extremely silly.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by PutAQuarterIn

No matter what your personality is like, there's a character you can relate to.

There's a crude jackass pony?

I tried to watch it to see what all the fuss was about. Did not enjoy it. I'll try one more time but I still think it's creepy.

For those that think it's innocent Google 'clopping'. As I understand that's brony code for anthropomorphic horse sex. Aren't all the ponies kids too? Kinda creepy.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I've got to ask, why does it matter even if it's true? What have you got against men becoming more feminine? It's much better than machismo bull if you ask me, and i'm pretty sure their girlfriends/wives appreciate a man more in touch with his feminine side...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Meh...I've had the unfortunate experiance seeing this tripe on television. It creeped me out to be truthful, but to each their own.

Give me Looney Tunes or Merry Melodies any day.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
"Short" thread on the topic here

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Men have it rough in this world! We can like anything, even if it's considered masculine, while men and boys get made fun, and even threatened if what they like is considered feminine. It's kind of sad.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
This is perhaps the most ignorant thread I have seen on this website.

The "Male attitude" that you claim naturally exists was engineered by society. It's nothing more than a gender role. If a guy wants to watch a show about frolicking ponies, there shouldn't be an attack on his "manliness". Rather, I think we need to question why we automatically think a guy liking things that were designed only for "girls" is such a horrible thing.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I cruised by this thread and i just had to jump in. As a male fan of the My Little Pony: FiM show, i would like to explain to you why I like the show, how i came to like the show, and why i will watch the 3rd season of the show and be excited about it this coming year.

Lauren Faust is the creator of MLP. Also the creator of Power Puff Girls. And when i was growing up (although i am a male), PPG was a show i really liked to watch, it had the same animation style as Dexters Laboratory (awesome cartoon).

The show speaks to different levels of intelligence. There is the portion of the show that the 7 year olds (or whatever) see. And then there are underlying adult themes and jokes hidden within the show that only adults would understand. Much like going back and watching a show you haven't seen since your childhood and seeing and understanding certain parts of the show more.

I like the show because it has well made music, animation, characters personalities, and makes me laugh. And there is something to learn from each episode of it, things that could be applied to real life.

I really don't care if you think im weird for liking a girls show, i think people are idiotic for watching football and jersey shore.

Yes there are some weirdos (there always are in almost any fanbase). But they are minimal in comparison to just the regular guys like me that watch it. Its not your average girly show that is completely mind numbing. It's actually interesting to watch. My buddy got me into watching it because he has a four year old daughter and SHE was watching it on TV. He was sitting there playing with her and realized he had sit there with her watching the show for like 3 hours. He enjoyed it. And it took him 4 months to convince me to watch it, and i ended up liking it a whole lot too.

Give it a chance, No one has any right to judge anyone else over the TV shows that they watch. And its stupid to judge people because of that.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Said friends 75 year old father sat down with his little girl (4 years old) and watched the show with her while my buddy was napping. When he got up his father said.

"You know, i think i learned something today.."
Buddy: "That friendship is magic?"
"Haha, yeah, its the best kids show she's ever watched, smarter than all these other stupid kids shows that dont teach anything"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join