It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian heels seized by U.S. Border officers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Twenty-thousand pairs of 'very good' fake Christian Louboutin heels seized by U.S. Border officers

Federal customs officials have stopped more than 20,000 pairs of counterfeit luxury shoes from tip-toeing into the U.S. from China.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection says four shipments of fake Christian Louboutin shoes were seized on Tuesday at the Los Angeles-Long Beach seaport complex, and another shipment was seized July 27.

Spokesman Jaime Ruiz says the shoes have a value of $57,490, but could have sold on the U.S. market for $18million.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... .html#ixzz23kdoHSY5

Faking it: The shoes seized came in an array of styles and colorways, and were likely destined for sale though counterfeit websites

Christian Louboutin has been fiercely defending his right to be the sole label with red soles over the past year.

The designer has faced two unsuccessful court battles with Yves Saint Laurent and Zara, both of which argued that they too have the right to sell shoes with red soles.

Can you spot a fake?

The authentic red soles have a bright red color with a nice high gloss finish,' she explained. 'The fakes will have more of a dark deeper red color with more of a low gloss matte looking finish.

'An authentic pair will have "Chrisitan Louboutin" "Made in Italy" on the soles with the size in EUR on the bottom. Fake Louboutins will have "Christian Louboutin" also with "Made in Italy" and the EUR size, but most of the time it is written 'madeinitaly' (all one word).'

I don't know but should you be able to corner the market on red soles?
edit on 053131p://bThursday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

The saddest part of this story is that the shoes probably would have fetched around $18 million, and yet they look like a tool of torture...

How the hell do you ladies, and a few lost gents, find these appealing..?

The High Heel is a cursed thing...

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I feel sooooooo much safer knowing that our custom officials are spending so much time and money to rescue us from shoes and chocolate easter eggs from coming into our country!!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I'll straight up admit the only reason I know of Louboutin shoes is because of the "sex in the city"

*There's more than one thing wrong in that sentence, believe me, I know*

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

The High Heel is a cursed thing...

Heel (shoe)
en.wikipedia.org...
depicted in ancient Egyptian murals on tombs and temples, who would have thought

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

I feel sooooooo much safer knowing that our custom officials are spending so much time and money to rescue us from shoes and chocolate easter eggs from coming into our country!!!!

I knew you would, I was pretty sure you would appreciate the fact,

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

I'll straight up admit the only reason I know of Louboutin shoes is because of the "sex in the city"

*There's more than one thing wrong in that sentence, believe me, I know*

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Hey, who moved my thread this is a significant conspiracy.

new topics

top topics

join