It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whoda thunk? Old people are conspiracy FREAKS!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Yeah, I know.. "old" is relative.

Im old to some here since Ive been breathing for around a half a century... or almost to the top of that hill anyway. Well, I fill in for the counties victims advocate here when she is swamped. Thats been a lot of the time lately. I get called at 6 AM ( after staying up till 4 AM) this morning and asked for assistance. SO I drag myself out of bed, try to look half way professional and stagger in to the prosecutors office. Im handling a violent crime vic and the family for a hearing. I have a pounding headache, I taste something bad.. I keep trying to recall if I brushed my teeth.. and the grandfather who is OLD.. and OLD to me and Im OLD so he is ANCIENT... says long night huh? I said naw, I was up reading on a message board and watching a bunch of youtubes. He was making conversation and asking what.. so I told him: ATS.. conspiracies, politics, and reptilians OH MY! He narrowed his eyes and said : didja watch that thing on the Billy Graham about the freemasons and the illuminati?

Yep.. found a brother.
Never know where youll encounter them. The neat thing was that it was sort of a bond and a comfort for them at a HORRIBLE time in their lives.. 2 wackos from different generations and backgrounds and reasons for being there.. in solidarity not only against a crime, but da bad guys in general. A little open eyes. A common thread..Helped them trust me and that goes REAL far when you feel youve been run over ( and repeatedly) by the wheels of the justice system. They immediately look at you like a potential enemy anyway because you are assigned by the court.. who hasnt been all that friendly or kind or sympathetic to begin with. Bad thing is.. I KNOW *** Im**** gonna get called at dead o'clock every time these guys have to go to a hearing or want some hint on whats going on. Why do I keep giving people like this Ive found a commonality in my cell #??

I guess why Im relating this to you guys is sort of like my Latin Kings story.. you just NEVER know where your alllies are.. who they are.. what they are.. never discount anyone. You never know who you stand shoulder to shoulder with. I mean Im not a xtian thats going to watch Billy Graham, but the bottom line was there. The awakening to the truth of things. It comes in many forms I suppose. Be open in your beliefs if you actually BELIEVE them.. you never know who you will meet. The world becomes a place with much more hope when you see how many common threads are out there between you and many others.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Great story!!!
It is amazing how much we have in common with our fellow man/woman, if we could only drop our labels.........

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

The world becomes a place with much more hope when you see how many common threads are out there between you and many others.

I know! Right? Go, YOU!!

Thanks for posting this.....
just today a friend was amazed at how she was out running errands and kept coming across people who know her. I seem to have an invisible (to me) tattoo on my forehead that says, "Talk to me, I'll listen."

Sometimes on ATS I feel really battered. Sometimes I try to talk about things I've read here, and my kids will say, "Mom, I'm not in the mood for conspiracy theories."

Anyway, good for you.

I know there are people who think I'm a nutcase (and sometimes I think that myself)....but then one has a serendipitous conversation with a total stranger, and one has to think.....

aren't we all, really, connected?

Answer (in my book): A resounding YES!!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Watch yer tone youngin or I'll hit you with my walker.

Old folks are not dumb, just a lil more physically tired.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

Watch yer tone youngin or I'll hit you with my walker.

Old folks are not dumb, just a lil more physically tired.

LOL!! Im old.. and dont care. It comes with the ability to order folks around and threaten the kids with " Ill be dead one day and youll wish you helped your poor ol mom"...

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

Great story!!!
It is amazing how much we have in common with our fellow man/woman, if we could only drop our labels.........

You bet. There's a really profound hope and optimism that is felt when we do this
We dont need to all be alike, we just have to be going toward a similar goal to really see these ties that bind us.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

The world becomes a place with much more hope when you see how many common threads are out there between you and many others.

I know! Right? Go, YOU!!

Thanks for posting this.....
just today a friend was amazed at how she was out running errands and kept coming across people who know her. I seem to have an invisible (to me) tattoo on my forehead that says, "Talk to me, I'll listen."

Sometimes on ATS I feel really battered. Sometimes I try to talk about things I've read here, and my kids will say, "Mom, I'm not in the mood for conspiracy theories."

Anyway, good for you.

I know there are people who think I'm a nutcase (and sometimes I think that myself)....but then one has a serendipitous conversation with a total stranger, and one has to think.....

aren't we all, really, connected?

Answer (in my book): A resounding YES!!

Absolutely. We are all connected in one way or another.. and can find so profoundly common things between us if we care to look.. or like me.. stumble and fall face first across it more than I think is usual for many given who Im in contact with!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

LOL!! Im old.. and dont care. It comes with the ability to order folks around and threaten the kids with " Ill be dead one day and youll wish you helped your poor ol mom"...

Yeah, I'm 53 and 9 months tomorrow.....
and I just can't do the stuff I did 20 years ago...and, well, I don't care, either!!!
I'm OLD....
and it ROCKS!!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
NOW FOLKS..
Im going to go brush my teeth and lay down for a bit.. carry on.. talk about it and tell some of your own stories. Id love to hear them personally and Im sure lurkers may find some inspiration to embrace the label of "truther" or "crazy tinfoil hatter" or "nutball doomtard conspiracy theorist".
If you havent heard my Latin Kings story.. well Ill just have to retell it later.

Ill catch up when I get 20 min of meh beyootee sleep... or more like see a thread I HAVE to read and somehow get all wrapped up in it before I take a catnap.

edit on 16-8-2012 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Old people seem to be conspiracy freeks because they know that the CHANGE that has been coming from 1913 on and has accelerated since LBJ is wrong . These people have lived long enough to know whats going on is a big effort to destroy America . The youngsters 40 and below have their heads in a beer mug and everything looks rosey . When their ability to afford their partying fails they too will look up and face the music .reply to post by Advantage

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Old people seem to be conspiracy freeks because they know that the CHANGE that has been coming from 1913 on and has accelerated since LBJ is wrong . These people have lived long enough to know whats going on is a big effort to destroy America . The youngsters 40 and below have their heads in a beer mug and everything looks rosey . When their ability to afford their partying fails they too will look up and face the music

Very well spoken. Yeah, lots of us "get it."

I was born in the late 50s.....and have seen lots of stuff.
It's not "rosey"....not "rosey" at all;
BUT, at least my two early-20s kids have jobs and are out of the nest......so I feel I did a good job. Even still, like I said earlier, they're like, "Mom.....I don't wanna hear about conspiracy theories....," yet in my experience a few years from now they'll be on board.....

adolescents can be SO recalcitrant!!
God love 'em!!!

edit on 16-8-2012 by wildtimes because: ROSEY, not rosy. sri

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
My grandfather, who was a WWII vet, fought in the pacific theater, was a bit conspiratorial back in the day. My mom tells me that when she was a teen, he was convinced that there would one day be another revolution in these united states, us, vs. the govt.

I also believe he was not convinced that the reasons for WWII are what we are lead to believe.

Wish he lived a lil longer so I could hear his tales and ideas, but he passed when I was in my early teens.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I AM NOT OLD! I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU'D.......

Wait a second... what where we talking about?

never mind... I was never here. Carry on....

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

I AM NOT OLD! I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU'D.......

Wait a second... what where we talking about?

never mind... I was never here. Carry on....

Yes, my brother. You too are rolling helplessly down the OTHER side of the hill.. hitting every rock on the way down.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Yes, my brother. You too are rolling helplessly down the OTHER side of the hill.. hitting every rock on the way down.

Hey, what's a few more rocks? I've hit so many in my half-century-plus that I don't even feel the pain anymore!!

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Still so many people who came up when you could actually count on your government to do the right thing will not invision the new movement to sell out the USA to the NWO . Even after they have seen Eisenhower , JFK and Reagan make Nationwide speeches eluding to this global evil and Kissinger , Bush Cheney ,Clinton's ,Brown , and Rockefeller publicly tout the NWO / global government they still will not acknowledge it's existance . Youthful partying progressive people lead the bunch in denial of the global conspiracy .

new topics

top topics

join