It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Shoots Dog Who Defended Homeless Man Who Had A Seizure...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarIce

Much as I like cop pranks I sure would never advocate trying to take one's gun! If he doesn't have a partner and you don't brandish the gun on him, you will be pepper sprayed, tased, and batoned until you look like Chad Johnson's Unfortunate Lady Friend.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
This video doesn't make sense to me. I understand they need to remove the dog as to get to the patient.

They are obligated to make the scene safe, and the dog was charging people. All the armchair sympathists wouldn't know what to do in that situation when you have seconds to decide when a dog is charging people and then charging you. It is easy to make comments watching a video.

But you never see anyone assisting the guy, you don't see an ambulance show up. If it was to speed assistance to the guy, whose head was lying on a curb, that would make sense, but then nobody touches him. I don't get it.

Which then makes one question what the hell happened? If they wanted to help the man they could have but realizing what they had just done and with the reaction from some bystanders i think the cops were scared out of their wits and couldnt function properly.

A man can take down any dog, a man trained in combat techniques shouldnt need to use a firearm unless they have one used against them.

The officer could have contained the dog with his bare hands even after a couple of bites if he wasnt careful, however that would leave the officer immobilized and it seems that being immobilized for a police officer is a no go.

So many occurrences of shooting Dogs could have been avoided if the police officer was to step up and in the face of injuring themselves wrestle the dog into submission and wait for animal services. But what that does is immobilizes one officer which leaves the other (as they usually work in pairs) unprotected.

So the easy solution is shoot first before things get out of hand and deal with the consequences later, however as history keeps repeating one day people wont stand for this and react before any consequences can be dealt with, which could mean anything from the officers being beaten to an all out revolution against any authority.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
Y'all don't see the train coming do ya

They dont, and when the doors slide open and they hear - All aboard - they'll still be smiling. They wont wake up until they're choking on the gas.

I hope that dogs got some big hungry mates.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Yellabelly

More and more "egocentric maniacs" are being hired as cops it appears because this is a escalating problem.

It's happening more and more often.

Would like to know what happens to these cops?

Are they prosecuted? Sued?

Again, good thing I wasn't there, they would have had to shoot me too because I wouldn't have just yelled at them - I would have thrown something heavy at them.

The time for compliance and standing around is over..................if people don't start taking some action against cops gone bad, it's going to get worse, a lot worse.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jeantherapy

yup! nowadays! back then the cops would chase us KIDS and if you got caught, you were handed to your parents..nope now days its peppered,tazed,killed,beatin...etc

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Another roid-raged pig. Though the saddest thing is the dog seem to be only one that cared about the guy.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Because they are cowards.

I had a big white GS attack me in the golf course when I was 12 and I turned my back on him as he was running towards me, then quickly turned back facing him - raised my arms high gave him my most scary face look and made a blood curdling growling bear scream showing my teeth, making my eyes look directly at his with a wild stare - I took all my fear and focused it into trying to make the dog think he was attacking a wild crazy human.

Honest to G - the damn dog (big one too) stopped dead in his tracks, looked at me like "WTF???" turned and ran the other way.

Yes I was lucky, I outfoxed, surprised and just plain confused the dog.

These cops were and are COWARDS and may they rot in the deepest pits of hell for all eternity.

They didn't even go to help the man - they just wanted to shoot the dog...................use their guns for target practice.

Big brave macho stupid cowards, the lot of them.

edit on 16-8-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

Good point - the dog was the only one who cared about the guy.

The cops just wanted to do some target practice.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Yes! Did you read about that lady that recently escaped a black bear attack by punching it in the face?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
May I recall an event where five police officers were attacked by a dangerous dog after going to a routine call. One officer had fingers bitten off and other officers suffered serious injuries. Now I have noticed one particular member in this thread has already gone on the bandwagon of cop hating, which is fine because they have their reasons no matter how ridiculous they are and also offering their obvious well informed opinion on what the officers should have done. Many of you have never been in that situation. What is more important was saving that mans life, the officers probably never met that dog before, probably had no experience themselves with pets and were thinking of their safety. I can guarantee many of you would have been thinking of you and your colleagues safety in that incident. Tazers do not work on dogs, nor do batons - unfortunately lethal force is necessary at times.

Here is the video of the five officers being mauled:

edit on 16-8-2012 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

The second officer in the op video had his pepper spray out and used it, why does officer one not have the same desire to preserve life?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I have had dogs charge me. And when a doberman is coming down on you, you are not stopping to go gee, how can I harmlessly incapicitate this dog without hurting it.

It is gonna get a whooping.
It is not the officers job to make sure pets are safe, it is the officer's job to make sure that the people are safe. And from their POV, the dog was attacking people.

BUT

since they didn't seem to care about addressing the guy right away and for the life of me, I never saw any EMT, then why didn't they just wait for animal control if it wasn't a life or death situation.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

NS! Now a bear come on me and I would have soiled myself seriously.

Wow, post the article if you can, interesting.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

missoulian.com...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

it seems it's actually happened twice recently

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Well it is Shark Week you know.

And last night they were featuring people attacked by sharks who managed to get them to stop by punching them. They still lost a limb, but managed to survive.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I'm not a cop, but I live down in the south, I own 5 dogs (2 pits) and have been attacked many times by dogs. I never had to use a gun..All I did was stand my ground and show them whose boss. See the problem is you can like cops all you want, but when it comes down to it, these bastards arent train to protect the people (funny I thought they were public servants?) They are trained to protect themselves and keep everyone in check. Instead of fring a warning shot, or not even going near the guy until they had animal control on scene, the cop decides to be stupid and intimate the dog, and than when the dog reacts he turns into a little whimp and fires. These arent man in uniforms these are train PUSSIES

Oh and before you say something like well he had to go near the guy to help him, why is it that after the dog is shot, they still dont help the guy???????

Also you state tazers do not work on dogs? um..

edit on 16-8-2012 by SolarIce because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Yes in that case the officers were more then justified in shooting to kill that dog.

Each case is different.

But I am seeing a escalation in police brutality towards both fellow humans and companion animals.

With modern technology, cops should have taser / stun guns, they now have web guns, all sorts of restrictive equipment at their disposal. They also, in England and here in America have animal control in most areas.

With some dogs and if there is a group of them, yes unfortunately shooting them is justified.

But if you look here on ATS alone over the last few months you will see many instances where lethal force was not necessary.

And you're probably talking about me.

I am not a cop hater.

I like the police men in my village, they are good guys, all of them I have met.

But, dogs do not have a vote, they do not have a voice - we are their voice.

I speak for those that have no rights, no voice, and are treated unjustly.......................the opening video showed a couple cops completely out of line.................they could have handled this situation better and the fact that they did not just shoot the dog and rush over to the man but loomed around the dog showed they did not care about the man half as much as getting the poor stupid dog.

The dog was confused, he smelled fear on the cops and his pack leader (I hate the term master) was down. The dog was protecting his buddy from the cops. The dog was not aware that the cops were there to supposedly assist the man (did the cops ever help the man????)

To me it appears the cops are all too eager to down the dog.

Cowards - stupid morons that couldn't figure out a better way?

Again, they did not down the dog and rush over to the guy, they stood around the dog.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

We have a video somewhere here on You Tube where a cop subdued the dog with a animal control pole collar and then point blank shot the dog in the head after the dog was contained.

I have seen about ten videos just here on ATS where cops are shooting dogs when they didn't have to.

It's getting clearly out of hand.

Again, did any of the cops seem interested in getting the man medical help?????

And here is that video. -- WARNING NOT FOR CHILDREN -- MAKE KIDS LEAVE ROOM

At 5:52 dog clearly is in a submissive position and wags tail and then shot point blank.

Just like a Nazi soldier......................you just don't see it progressing do you????

There's a lot more and it's increasing year by year.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

A drug bust but six week old puppies www.youtube.com...

A seven pound dog???? www.youtube.com...

A 12 pound weenie dog for barking??? www.youtube.com...

I could easily come up with another hundred.......................still don't see where this is going????

edit on 16-8-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
So, I've been focused most of the day on another thread, but decided to read through this one.

Did anyone happen to see what I was talking about in terms of the public's reaction to the two examples?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I didn't watch the video or read any the posts.. But let me guess, American cops by any chance???

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join