It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what gives for Mr Assange's future....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
My tuppence worth...

They'll come up with some crazy nonsensical corrective, probably a lie as usual, enter the Ecuadorian Embassy, arrest him, charge him with breach of bail eventually extradite him to Sweden, trial will be a complete farce (apparently for not using a condom during sex i believe) constitutes at rape in Sweden, see 1st link

August 15, 2012
Business Insider
articles.businessinsider.com...

BBC report stinks of conspiracy
www.bbc.co.uk...

So after all the polava see meaning www.urbandictionary.com...
and media circus/frenzy has quelled.

America will step in......
Then its a nice little one way ticket to The Guantanamo holiday villas, good-bye Mr Assange.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I hope he lives a long and productive life of exposing Govt backroom deals and atrocities against humanity.....
I don't see how TPTB are going to allow that to happen but we will see, I just hope he really does have a huge data dump ready to go if they catch him. Hopefully it's a good one, like where Hoffa is buried or video of Roswell and Aliens changing a tire on their crashed UFO.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
This site states that the 2 women had consensual sex with him previously, yet in these instances, with woman "a" he didn't wear a condom when asked to, and with woman "b" he apparently had sex with her when she was half asleep.

It also mentions, consent from the women was withdrew immediately into intercourse, or during..

www.csmonitor.com...

Pretty dodgy claims.

Boy, my ex partners would be in a lot of trouble if they were Swedish LOL.

I think for the UK gov to make that claim, they're going to see it through, it will cause great tensions between the South American countries and the UK, and will no doubt spark protests and activism.

This is gunna be a messy one..

edit on 16-8-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
This site states that the 2 women had consensual sex with him previously, yet in these instances, with woman "a" he didn't wear a condom when asked to, and with woman "b" he apparently had sex with her when she was half asleep.

It also mentions, consent from the women was with due immediately into intercourse, or during..

www.csmonitor.com...

Pretty dodgy claims.

Boy, my ex partners would be in a lot of trouble if they were Swedish LOL.

I think for the UK gov to make that claim, they're going to see it through, it will cause great tensions between the South American countries and the UK, and will no doubt spark protests and activism.

This is gunna be a messy one..

HAHA no doubt......I have to wait for the wife to be half way dead to get some these days.....If this is a crime I am Jeffery Dalhmer compared to Assange....

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Well whos ever side hes on, one thing is clear he does not want to end up in the hands of the Americans.

Thats one lead

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by WAKEYWAKEY
My tuppence worth...

They'll come up with some crazy nonsensical corrective, probably a lie as usual, enter the Ecuadorian Embassy, arrest him, charge him with breach of bail eventually extradite him to Sweden, trial will be a complete farce (apparently for not using a condom during sex i believe) constitutes at rape in Sweden, see 1st link

In a way I hope they do that, because it will mark the end of our government.

This is from our own Diplomatic and Consular Premises Act 1987 that Hague is quoting as excuse to remove the diplomatic status of the embassy...

The secretary of state shall only give or withdraw consent or withdraw acceptance if he is satisfied that to do so is permissible under international law,

But article 21 of the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations does not allow for the receiving state to arbitrarily end diplomatic relations as it sees fit.

Under international law, the UK can only arrest Assange if they close the embassy and eject all Ecuadorian diplomats. If Ecuador has made Assange a diplomat, he would have to be excused.

The UK government is now in a bind of its own making.

The Ecuadorian government has the ace up their sleeve here. If the UK has to end the embassy in order to get Assange, the Ecuadorian gov can immediately assign diplomatic status to him and the UK has lost both him and diplomatic relations with Ecuador.

Not only that, the UK government has lost trust with numerous other nations who would probably begin calling the British diplomats in their own nations to answer. Even a previous UK ambassador to Russia has said that Hague doesn't understand the ramifications of what he's doing. The man is an imbecile who should not be in the position.

The UK has already lost this battle if the Ecuadorian government sticks to their position. I'm hoping they don't flinch in this one, and that Ecuador doesn't have any weaknesses with other states influenced by the USA or UK.

All Ecuador needs to do is stick to their guns and be ready to make Assange a diplomat. If the UK revokes the status of the embassy, Ecuadorian diplomats will have to be allowed to leave - including Assange.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I think he's certainly passed the point of "no return" so to speak. Everything Britain is doing now is directly for the US, not on obligations to ship him to Sweden to face rape charges....that's just a smoke and mirrors ploy to get him to the US.

Unless Ecuador can some how manage to smuggle him out of the country and down to South America, the Embassy WILL be stormed. Ecuador are already fuming at Britain's threat to storm the building so what have they got to lose?

At this point his true motives will surely be on show. What vital information is it that Assange hold's that's really rattled the US's cages? If he has proof of Illegal Wars, cover-ups of Drug Cartel operations, or perhaps even Aliens & UFO's, it's TIME for him to make his move.

With that in mind though, surely if he does eventually end up in the US and is jailed or even executed, rest assured if he has any information to put on in the global domain, he'll release it....after all he'll have nothing to lose!!!?

top topics

join